IGNORED

When did you start Golf?

Steven McFarlane
Note: This thread is 4928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. When Did you Start

• Kid 0-12
    • Teenager 13-16
    • Young Adult- 17-19
    • Adult 20+

WOW, that quite an accomplish kid, keep it up

Thank you very much!

I am hoping to work on my game over the winter and hit single figures next summer, with my ultimate target being below 4 by the time I'm 18. Dave
"There is only one difference between a madman and me. I am not mad."

In the bag (click):
Cleveland HiBore 9.5°
Nike T60 17° Nike T60 21° Ping i5 (4-PW)Ping Tour 52°Ping Tour 56°Cleveland 588 Chrome 60°Yes! TracyMy Handicap Record

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

started when i was 10. i am now 14 and play off 8. hope to get to 5 or less by my 15th birthday (october). i play everyday of the summer.
ps. i am the worlds biggest 14 year old club ho. haha
Driver: Taylormade R580XD 10.5*w/GD YS6+
3wood: Nike Ignite T-60 15* w/Fujikura Stiff
Irons: Cleveland TA2 3I-PW w/ DG R300
Wedges: Taylormade RAC Satin 52,56 w/DG "TP"
Putter: Never Compromise Voodoo - 34 inchHandicap: 8Low Round: 75 (+3)Age: 14Location: Deep River, Ontario, Canada

• 1 year later...
So When did you Start Golf

I remember caddying for my dad, he let me have many hits, when i was 8-9.

Great times.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

Started in October 2006. Became totally addicted from one random round of golf. Still can't quite believe it. I play every day if I can except Sunday's. Sundays are my girlfriends...and if I were to play on a Sunday I'd have to sleep with one eye open. Anyways its been great so far, and hopefully I will play for many years to come.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

:cough: :cough: Wow someone knocked the dust off this thread.

I started when I was about 12 or 13. I got a set of clubs for my 12th or 13th birthday. I played a lot with my aunts and uncles growing up. Then when I got older I played less. I wanted to play in high school but never tried out or signed up for the golf team. Then after my sophmore year I went to a Technical School so I wasn't at my "home school" so I didn't event think about playing for the high school. I wish I would have played in high school. I took up fishing after I graduated high school and didn't play golf much because I was always fishing on the weekends. Recently my fishing buddy sold his boat so that opens up time for me to get out on the course. I'm looking forward to this coming spring so I can get out and play golf some and hopefully improve my game.

In my Pro-Walker stand bag:

Driver: Founders Club "The Judge" Graphite shaft (benched for bad play)
3-wood: 15* steel shaft
5 & 7-wood: Velocitized BBT Oversized Graphite Shaft Medium Flex 21* & 25*3-iron: Wilson Sam Snead Blue Ridge (benched for bad play)4-SW: Maker's Pride irons steel shaftsP...

Summer I turned 21, I played TW2004 on my then-roommate's X-Box. Got me hooked.

Summer I turned 22, I went to the driving range with a friend, using his old clubs. Got hooked, didn't have a chance to play.

That February, bought clubs, played a few times at par-3 courses. Took my first real lesson that July (23 at that point), broke 100 a year later.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am 24 and just started last June. I played baseball and football my whole life and thought golf was a sissy sport. After this past summer, golf is all I want to do. I absolutely love the game. I am consistently shooting in the high 80's and low 90's so I can pretty much play with most of my friends talent wise. I live in Pittsburgh so I haven't played since mid November so its eating me inside. I want to get better and better everytime I go out.

I started playing pitch and putt when I was a teenager. After a few months, I started playing on a regular course. I took a long break from the game but now I'm playing again.
In My Sun Mountain C-130 Bag
Woods: System Q
Hybrid: System Q
Irons: Acer XP905
Ball: Other EquipmentPush Cart: Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1My Home CourseGreen Knoll Golf Course

I started playing golf September 2006. I never thought that hitting a ball, walking after hit, hitting it again, could be exciting. I was wrong and thankfully, so.

I wish I had picked it up when I was younger.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

My dad used to be a club professional so he got me into it right away. i probably hit my first ball when I was 2 or 3. However, I didnt start playing in competition until last year because I played on a travel baseball team for six years. I brought my handicap down from a 12 to a 1 during the 2007 season. I regret the fact that I didnt start to play competitive golf earlier in life.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

After college unfortunately

Soooo many years wasted.

Blog: http://emergencynine.com/

In my bag you'll find lots of left-handed clubs like these:
Driver: G10 9* TFC (stock) S
3 wood: G5 Aldila NV SIrons 4 thru P: MX-20 TTDG RWedges: MP T Series Chrome, Forged - 52/56/60Putter: CallieBall: B330Bag (carry): Tour Stand; (cart): 9" Staff Tour

I started playing when I was 4 years old.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Started playing when i was 13

Driver- R7 460 - Stiff Aldila "by you" shaft
3 wood- Exotics - Stiff V2 shaft
Hybrid- Exotics 21*- Stiff Aldila Green 85 gram
Irons- X Forged - Stiff Project X
Wedges- CG12 Black Pearl 52, 56, 60Putter- Rossa Daytona 1 AGSIBalls- TP Black

I was introduced to the game of golf almost 2 years ago at the age of 31. Since then I've played more than 250 rounds of golf.

Matt Bolton_______________

my Quest for Extraordinary Golf

In my Bag:TaylorMade TP Red balls 3DX Ironwood hybrids 2 & 4Nakashima NP2 IronsNakashima HTec 460 Driver

May 2006. 10 handicapper in 2009. scratch in 2012..in plenty of time for the senior tour.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

Started playing Spring 2006 at 25 to try and get decent for a work trip (a great trip). I immediately got hooked as it is a game that is between you and the course (or more accurately between you and yourself), a game in its purest form. In 2007 got my first official handicap, started at a 29 and ended the year as a 19. If I get half that much improvement this year I will be thrilled!

Classic 290 10.5 Miyazaki C. Kua 43 R

AMP 15 Aldila RIP F

Baffler Rail H 17 & 22 Fujikura Motore S

S2 Forged 5-GW Nippon NS Pro 900xh R

SM 54 & 58 Vokey Nippon 105T W

Studio Style Newport 1.5

Note: This thread is 4928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!