IGNORED

Reasons why I don't watch the NBA....

mrmiller8
Note: This thread is 5068 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For any of you out there that know Paul Peirce is notorius throughout the league of drawing more cheap fouls than anyone by jumping into people and all sorts a whacky shit....

How do you know if you don't watch the NBA?

All of this stuff with the refs that you mentioned is all because of MJ. I agree that it sucks sometimes because some of the calls are so cheap but it usually evens out within a game.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

How do you know if you don't watch the NBA?

Usually, sure, but in several games of the NBA finals it did not.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Flopping for the call is part of every sport with referees. The flopping done in basketball doesn't even approach how bad it is in Soccer. Anyway, you can't blame the players, they are just trying to win and there is nothing in the rulebook that says no flopping. Paul Pierce is a smart player, it's the defender's fault for leaving their feet.

...there is nothing in the rulebook that says no flopping...

Not sure if it is in the rulebook per se, but they do fine floppers:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3416579

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Mens College Basketball is where it's at. The players give 110% all the time and don't bitch and complain nearly as much. They actually play defense for the entire game and not just the last few minutes.

VDub pride

I can't stand the NBA. No defense the refs and horrible and the players are spoiled and they only play for the money not the game. The only time I will watch the NBA is when the playoffs start at least then they are somewhat trying.

In my x86 stand bag-

DRIVER- Tour Burner 9.5* STIFF
3 & 5 WOOD- 980F PT 15* 19*
3-PW IRONS- 690 CB FORGED G-S-L WEDGE- CG 10 Black Pearl 52* 56* 60*BALL- ProV1 and ProV1x

Mens College Basketball is where it's at. The players give 110% all the time and don't bitch and complain nearly as much. They actually play defense for the entire game and not just the last few minutes.

This is so much BS, I don't know where to begin.

First of all, there is no law saying you can't like both college and pro basketball. They are different games, with different rules, and different stakes. How you compare grown men competing for their livelihood, with college kids, 95% or which will NOT play pro ball, is beyond me. The "no defense" thing is such a lark - most teams shoot under 50%, and that's due to the other team playing defense. In the championship series, the Lakers played better defense overall, including a stretch in Game 7 where Boston didn't score for 7 minutes. The pros bitch and complain because IT's THEIR JOB! Every minute they are on the court they are being judged, evaluated, rated, etc. Anything they do, or don't do, will be held against them. The pros know that the difference between winning and losing can mean hundreds of thousands, or even millions, of dollars. It can mean the difference of being able to decide where you play next year (having control over your career), or being sent to a bottom-feeding team (having no control). The pros whine because everything they have is on the line. Have you seen the whining in the World Cup soccer tourney? Same thing. It's just not the same as golf. Until recently there was no season-ending tournament to decide "the best." They are trying to bring that same excitement to golf with the FedEx Cup, but it hasn't caught on with the public yet (I haven't seen any threads about who is where on the FedEx standings...). And as for college, their coaches tend to whine MUCH more than NBA-level coaches...

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood
Big Bertha 2008 irons (4 and 5 i-brids, 6i-9i,PW)
Tom Watson 56 SW Two-Ball putter

I can't stand the NBA. No defense the refs and horrible and the players are spoiled and they only play for the money not the game. The only time I will watch the NBA is when the playoffs start at least then they are somewhat trying.

See my posting #25...

As to the comment about "NBA players only play for money..." Given that the NBA is their job, on the surface you are correct - they are playing for money. But I know you're implying something else. So what do you mean, and how do you judge, someone that is only playing for money? In the NFL you very often hear about someone is in a "contract year." They play their best ball, trying to score a big deal, then after wards sink back to mediocrity. I don't see that phenomenon anywhere near as often in the NBA, as compared to the NFL. I would like to understand why you think differently. But regardless, even in the NFL the fact that some guys only play well when their contract is up, doesn't make me hate the NFL. Why the hate towards the NBA?

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood

The "no defense" thing is such a lark - most teams shoot under 50%, and that's due to the other team playing defense.

Yeah, I don't know where all this NBA = bad defense thing comes from. If you look at all of the multiple time NBA champs (All of the Celtics teams, many of the Lakers teams, a lot of the Pistons teams, a few Knicks teams, the Spurs) they were all very very good top tier defensive teams. The ONLY multiple time NBA champions that aren't known for their defense was Jordan's Bulls. And even they weren't too shabby.

In my bag:

I hate the NBA, but FIFA is worse. If a player gets touched in soccer they hit the ground and scream in "agony". Bunch of bitches.

I hate the NBA because a rapist is loved by millions of people. Ya I'm talking to you Kobe.

I hate the NBA because a rapist is loved by millions of people. Ya I'm talking to you Kobe.

So you must REALLY hate the NFL, then? At least they took Kobe to trial. Roethlisburger is off Scot-Free.

Do you really hate an entire league because of the actions of one, or even a few, of its players? Or are you just posturing? Pretty much every sport, at every level, has its criminals. Perhaps you should stop with spectator sports all together.

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood

This is so much BS, I don't know where to begin.

Great post!

I don't buy the whole "the college players try harder so it's more fun to watch" argument at all either. The reason I like watching the NBA better than college boils down to one thing: the quality of players is better by a ton !
Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

Note: This thread is 5068 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!