IGNORED

My Swing (James_Black)

James_Black
Note: This thread is 5038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think I need a swing check.
Quality isn't great but it's better than the rest of my videos

you can rotate the video on swingacademy. Go to tools and click rotate.

http://www.swingacademy.com/videoPlayer.aspx?id=6881

I don't know how to rotate it on youtube though.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

anybody???

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

James,

I am certainly not an expert, but I would focus on keeping your weight more centered during your swing (which I have been working on as well). Your head moves bit which means your shoulder center is moving as well. there's a good drill from Dave Wedzik at www.thegolfevolution.com using a rock or weight and swinging a partial swing. Focus on keeping your weight centered and head still during the back swing with the weight and then your head steady during the forward swing and toss the weight a few degrees right of the target line. I use a 3 pound weight. You will find you can toss the weight in a smooth manner by keeping your head still and moving your hips forward as in a good golf swing. Great drill.

Scott

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not bad, seems like you move your lower body a lot. Almost like you're swaying back a bit. Maybe work on quieting that down a little...I'm no expert though.

In my Callaway stand bag:

9.5 Degree Taylormade Burner Superfast Adilla Voodoo shaft
3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher 15 degree Adilla Voodoo shaft
Irons 3-SW: Callaway X-14 Steelhead

Lob wedge: Cleveland 60 degree

Putter: Ping Anser Karsten

Anybody else?
I think I generate most of my power from my lower body, not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

Anybody else?

youre right, you (all of us) generate power from the lower body by pushing forward and "jumping" at impact. one of the issues you have is too much movement away from the target on the back swing.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

youre right, you (all of us) generate power from the lower body by pushing forward and "jumping" at impact. one of the issues you have is too much movement away from the target on the back swing.

I drew a line at my right hip, i don't go past that line in the backswing.

My left hip goes down though, should they stay level?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

James

It is hard to be precise about what is happening in that video and side on view would perhaps be more revealing.

I get the impression that your feet could be a shade too far apart, your posture a little too upright because of either distance from the ball or lack of knee flex. I think looking into those things might help you with your balance, weight and coil. The various angles you are getting, wrist/arm positions and lag appear to be pretty good.

Edit: In fact I have just looked up Tiger at address and I'm more confident now to suggest you are too upright. http://www.rotaryswing.com/golfblog/...er-address.gif

What do you think?

brgolf:

Thanks I noticed my posture is a bit too upright, I'll fix that on monday when I go to the range.
I've always had a wide stance, helps me get more control over my shots and stops my hips from going crazy.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

It's a good move, but I think before you even start your swing your weight is a little too far back and that can cause other problems, so try to keep it more forward and see what happens.

It's a good move, but I think before you even start your swing your weight is a little too far back and that can cause other problems, so try to keep it more forward and see what happens.

tried it and didn't like it, I hit a load of fat/thin shots.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

tried it and didn't like it, I hit a load of fat/thin shots.

That doesn't mean his tip was wrong. Your weight is too biased on your right side, and it looks like you never fully get it forward during your swing. This is something that won't be an instant fix, as many things are built around it.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

That doesn't mean his tip was wrong. Your weight is too biased on your right side, and it looks like you never fully get it forward during your swing. This is something that won't be an instant fix, as many things are built around it.

should I try drive through the ball more then?

that'd get more weight forward right?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

Try to set up with your weight balance over both feet. Looks like you are taking the idea of "setting up behind the ball" to the extreme. At finish, the center of mass for your body should be over your left foot, if not slightly beyond it.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Try to set up with your weight balance over both feet. Looks like you are taking the idea of "setting up behind the ball" to the extreme. At finish, the center of mass for your body should be over your left foot, if not slightly beyond it.

I'll do that at the range today.

Is there anything else I should focus on?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

Ok, you asked for it!

It is hard to tell from the video, but it appears that your shoulders may be open at address. Check to make sure that you are square by setting up with your left hand first then put your right hand on without opening your shoulders. Again, hard to say from the front on angle.

Your release looks a little early. Check out from frame 46-48 and compare it to this:

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-instr...iosequence0602

You have more that is right than what is wrong and a little work with a pro could be very productive.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I fixed most of that today!

I clubbed up and worked on shortening my swing and using my upper body more since it didn't really turn.
I got rid of my flip and the sound off the ball at impact was amazing.
There's nothing nice than see a well struck shot land pin-high and stay there.(apart from it going in lol)
I think my release was a lot better.

I might be going up to the range this evening, if I do i'll get another video.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

damn just wanna say that camera-man is brilliant!!

hope you paid him well jimmy

BAG:

DRIVER: G2 10*
WOODS: 3 + 5
IRONS: : MP 52`s 3-PW, stiff shaftWEDGE: TW9 60*PUTTER: white hot no.7 BALL: when playing well pro v 1

Note: This thread is 5038 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!