IGNORED

Golf shoes

Note: This thread is 5063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Eccos work best for my feet. Have found them to be generally well-made and durable.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it seems those addidas ones are pretty popular. Il have to check them out. I always wear puma shoes and they have a nice pair of golf shoes but they are out of my price range, they are 180,lol but sweet shoes

Populartity is based on which brand advertises the most, or on which brand viewers see the pro wearing.

IMHO consumers are complete idiots if they think a $200 golf shoe is going to improve their game vs a $65 shoe.

my problem with the adidas shoes is they're 10 pounds

Adidas makes many models, some of which are heavier than others.

I wear Adidas Innolux 2.0, which are very light, very comfortable and cost me $70.

wow, il have to check ebay then. is the mesh waterproof?

There is a waterproof membrane that covers the lower half of the outside of the shoe. Above that, not waterproof. Definitely would not wear in pouring rain for too long. They are fine for a dewey morning, though.

DryJoys all the way...get the cedar inserts as well.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

i just tried on the adidas powerband 2.0, TW 2010 and some Fj contours. The Fj Contours are extremely comfortable compared to the others. Im hoping those all black dryjoys are just as comfortable.

I picked up a pair of Adidas Powerband 3.0 for $80 from Sports Authority when they had a sale. VERY comfortable to walk around all day, and I was extremely worried about having blisters from new shoes. FWIW, these are my first golf shoes ever. However, my Nike basketball shoes needed three full games to break in, my Pearl Izumi mtb shoes needed about 20 miles to break in, my Adidas carbon mtb shoes needed 10 miles to break in, and my Burton ION snowboard boots need about 1 full day on blues and black diamonds to break in. This is the first time I've had a sports specific shoe not need to break in to be comfortable.

I think that's why the Adidas are so popular. They seem to be a fantastic shoe.

Peeking out of my Ascent stand bag

Hyper X 10*
3, 5, 7 X Fairway Woods
MP-57 4-PW MP-T10 56*-10 White Hot #1

my vote is still for barefoot golfing

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

• 2 weeks later...
I have the Footjoy fj sport and I think they're great. comfortable, nice looking, and relatively inexpensive (They are $120) and come in different colors.

WITB:

Fast 10 10.5* Driver  |  adams.gif Fast 10 15* 3 Wood  |  adams.gif Idea V3 19* Hybrid  |  titleist.gif 710 AP1 4-GW  |    55* and 60* Wedges  |  Lajosi KLP7J Putter

I just bought some Puma's and I love them over the nikes and footjoys i've had in the past.

09 Burner 9.5* Stiff

.......MP 001 3w Stiff
.......CLK FLI-HI 3(20*) & 4(23*) Hybrids
.......4-PW MP60 DGSL 300's Stiff SVT 52* Wedge Vokey Spin Milled 54* Wedge CG10 Black Pearl 60* Wedge XG White Hot #1 Putter ProV1, Prov1x, NXT Tour Aerolite III Stand

I use FJ Greenies. I payed 49.00 for them from GG. I really like them a lot and they are pretty cheaply priced.

In My Bag:

Driver:
Hybrid:
Irons: Putter:

I use FJ Greenies. I payed 49.00 for them from GG. I really like them a lot and they are pretty cheaply priced.

yea greenjoys are probably the best cheap budget golf shoes you can buy.

My vote's for FJ Greenjoys. $55, they're comfortable and do the job. Not the most stylish but it seems acceptable to be garishly dressed on the golf course as long as your shirt has a collar and your pants/shorts aren't denim.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

My vote's for FJ Greenjoys. $55, they're comfortable and do the job. Not the most stylish but it seems acceptable to be garishly dressed on the golf course as long as your shirt has a collar and your pants/shorts aren't denim.

Actually, a garish collarless shirt is acceptable at most courses these days.

I have always liked footjoys.

I second that. I have a pair of Footjoys and a pair of Nikes. The Footjoys are infinitely more comfortable although I think they tend to run a little narrow compared to the Nikes.

My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

Note: This thread is 5063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!