IGNORED

Playing 1st club tournament!

Maverick
Note: This thread is 6443 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I finally had the nerve to sign up for the monthly club tournament tomorrow. It's a 4-man scramble. They're going to put an A,B,C,D player in each group. My current USGA index is 16.1 so I assume that maybe the D player lolol..anyway..I hope I don't keep the group behind.

Any tips/knowledge I should know going into this?

. They're going to put an A,B,C,D player in each group. My current USGA index is 16.1 so I assume that maybe the D player

You may be the C player. At the last ABCD tourney I played in the D's started at a 20 handicap.

Anyway just have fun, playing with your buddies is fun,but playing in a competition can be even better. I personally love competing in tournaments.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My report:

Got off to a rocky start and almost OVERSLEPT..fastest I've ever driven to the g.c. Latest check-in was 06:45..got there by 06:40..but made it..got a bunch of goodies..a really nice fitting Adidas g.c. logo baseball hat, Adidas towel..the ball were a pack of generic Noodles..which will go to a bud probably.

You could buy in $100/team..payout to top three..one guy wanted to do it..the rest didn't..so we didn't..lol..humilating thing was over the P.A. system the club house kept repeating "The only team not payed is team 17A..17A..last chance..17A"..felt everyone was looking at us like a bunch of chickens..lol

It was a shotgun and everyone got in their carts (144 players) and then every drove off to their respective hole. We started at a par 3. What was amazing is how well kept they made the tee boxes..and all the official markers (SCGA for us) were on. I was the "C" man and played from the gold tees. (We have 4 sets, red, gold, blue, black) I normally play from the black but didn't complain..and was actually glad because i brought out the new irons to test out.

I hit my first shot to the right, not OB, but in the opposing fairway. So I picked it up..the others were on..ugh, for the first shot. I was the 2nd man putting..1st guy missed it by a foot..I drained it for birdie!! Was so happy..made up for the 1st shot..turns out I was the strongest putter on the team.

Overall the day went well and eveyone was cool. We finished -4.

My report:

Where did yall finish up?

DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

-4 and 23rd :D Not bad mate i cant do any better

The average net handicap/index was 3.0 (we were 3.3.) so it looked pretty even. Every hole we had a birdie putt but just a little out of our range. It was pretty fun though. Gladly play again.

its great that you had fun in your first tourney, that always makes you want to go back and try again!!!
REZGOLF

Currently in the bag-

R7 460 9.5 stiffV-steel 3 wood stiff/V-steel 5 wood stiff/2 iron hybrid reg.R.A.C OS2 irons reg.52, 56, & 60 deg. regularScotty Cameron Studio Design Newport II

Scrambles can be a ton of fun if you have a good group. I've got a lot of good business and have met some good friends paying in a scramble golf torney. Sometimes they are too tough to win "sandbaggers" but still you can have a couple of adult beverages and a few laughs and its all worth it. Tell us about your next event!
In my Ping Pioneer LC bag -
Driver: TaylorMade R11 10* closed
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11 15* open
Hybrid: Ping G15 20*
Irons: Ping G15 4, i15 5 - PWWedges: Ping Tour S 50*, 56* bent to 55*, 60*Putter: TaylorMade Daytona Ghost 34" 

Note: This thread is 6443 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!