IGNORED

Too HOT!!

alomar123
Note: This thread is 5030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I haven't ridden a cart more than twice in the past two years and always carry my bag. The forecast today is for a high of 101 with 71% humidity. I would guess a heat index near 110, maybe higher. I plan on playing, but I sure as hell will not walk!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a discussion about this with a buddy who moved to Texas a while ago. He said down south it's not near as humid as it is by us (by the great lakes), and the humidity adds a good constant 20 degrees and no relief with shaded areas.

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

Just finished 18 in 103 degree heat. At least the course was kind enough to have people driving around with free Popsicles and wet towels.

In my cart bag:
Driver - K15 10.5 degree
3 Hybrid - SQ
Irons (4-AW) - Burner HT
Putter - Ignite 002Ball - Noodle+ Long and Soft

It's so hot and humid in KC, but you just get used to it. It's about 10 times better if you play in the morning so that's what I normally do.
S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost Putter                                                                     Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

Played today with temps around 101* by the end of the round, but I was playing in a cart (course cannot be walked). I try not to let it get to me, but I was soaked by the first green. May be playing tomorrow and I'll be walking, I'll just take it slow and keep grinding...better then sitting around the house.

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

It was close to 100 here today and the humidity was really high, not sure of the exact number. I tried to play 18 but barely got through 9, didn't really play 9, more like I survived 9. Thankfully it is supposed to be a little cooler tomorrow.

I switched from walking to carting about two months ago, and today I played in 95+ with high humidity. I honestly can not comprehend how I used to walk 18 in this weather in the past years...

WITB:

Fast 10 10.5* Driver  |  adams.gif Fast 10 15* 3 Wood  |  adams.gif Idea V3 19* Hybrid  |  titleist.gif 710 AP1 4-GW  |    55* and 60* Wedges  |  Lajosi KLP7J Putter

I played early today, temp was still 90 by the time I finished. The course I played was an executive course. 7 par 3's and 2 par 4's. Par 29 1500 or so yards. I played twice, shot 32 and 31. I normally walk but road today. There were two men playing two groups ahead that were walking. I estimate one was 65-70, the other was 45-50. Apparently the 65+ man was not doing well in the heat as they had to call the clubhouse to come get them. Be careful out there guys. Plan ahead, plenty of fluids and cover, and don't overestimate your ability to cope with the heat, it will bite you.

Driver - Speedline Fast 10: 10.5 Matrix HD Stiff
Woods - Big Bertha 5 wood
R9 4 wood
Irons - 07 X Forged 4-PW
Wedges - X Forged 50, 54, 58 Vokey Spin Milled 64Ball - Tour i Gamer V2

Note: This thread is 5030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!