IGNORED

best golf courses played

Rezgolf
Note: This thread is 3371 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. Oakland Hills South
2a. Knollwood Country Club (played it today)
2b. Oakland Hills North
3. Franklin Hills Country Club
4. Detroit Golf Club
5. TPC Michigan
6. Boyne Highlands Arthur Hills Course
7. Boyne Highlands Donald Ross Memorial
8. The Natural
9. Black Forrest
10. The Loon
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

The best courses I have played are Oak Creek Golf Club in Sedona Arizona, absolutely beautiful, enough said: http://oakcreekcountryclub.com/sedon...ourse-info.htm

Heritage Bluffs in the suburbs of Chicago.

Golf Club of Illinois in Algonquin, IL.

Estrella Mountain Golf Club in southern Phx, Arizona. Another amazing course.

Ah the memories, the only one I played more than once was Golf Club of Illinois, which I played often when I lived up there.

I love to hate this damn game.

• 2 weeks later...
Best in terms of most well known:

Sherwood C.C. Thousand Oaks, CA.

Best in terms of favorites:

Saticoy C.C, Somis CA.
Angeles National, Sunland, CA.
La Purisma, Lompoc, CA. PGA West Stadium, La Quinta, CA.
Bear's Best Las Vegas.
Coto de Caza North and South, Coto de Caza, CA.

Although I have yet to play there I know I will play The Riviera C.C. while competing in the L.A./Nissan Open. That's my golf goal.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

That looks nice!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I have not played any courses outside of Colorado ( I shoudl have played Kapalua when I went to Hawaii, I am kicking myself ). But as far as Colorado goes I will list my favorite courses in Order.

Hi Blag,

I'm making it out to CO next month but have to play around Denver as I'm in town for a wedding and can't make it to the western side. I just read the review on the Ridge in this month's Golf Magazine and it looks nice. They also reviewed a course near Golden--obviously since it didn't make your list I'm assuming the Ridge is the way to go, but is it a quick trip down from Denver? On the map it doesn't look so bad at all...

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Flickr pics from hacking it up at Pebble, Bandon, Pinehurst, Whistling Straits, the Black, Kiawah & more...

i broke mine down into a few categories:

Private: Blacksheep golf Club
Public (Resort): Bandon Dunes
Public (expensive): The Glen Club (IL)
Public (under $50): Oxmoor Valley (AL)

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

Avalon Lakes for sure!!

agreed, ranks in my top 10 as well.

my personal favorite has to be Glenmoor (kinda biased as its my home course). Im a sucker for arthur hills designs though and since Stone Ridge is his favorite design next to Bay Harbor and its my home course here in college... its right up there too. Red Hawk Run is also right up there. Stone Ridge: #3 160 yd par 3 over water the whole way. Pin usually tucked back left for increased difficulty. Plenty of NXT #3's in that pond. #18 "The Monster". Long par 4. Water down entire left side. Fairway is pretty open, but green is well guarded by a couple huge bunkers. Birdie it on the weekend and win a free round Red Hawk Run: #14 Decent length par 4 with fairway split by a bunker that runs the length of the hole. Its positioned right in the landing area, so you must choose the high road or the low. The lower end requires a nicely played draw, the top side requires a 300+ poke.

In The Huffer:

Driver: Superquad 10.5* Aldila NV-S Shaft
3w: 975 F
Hybrid: 22 Degree Baffler Multimetal3-PW: LCG Burner IronsSW: 56 Degree 588 GunmetalPutter: DfX No 2Balls: ALWAYS NXT Tour #3's, or NXT Extreme #3'sHome Course: Glenmoor Country Club: Jack Nicklaus Signature Course. 7015...

Pebble Beach, California

The Bridges at Rancho Santa Fe, California

Baja Mar, Mexico

Waterville Golf Club, Kerry, Ireland

Bali Hai, Las Vegas

Rio Secco, Las Vegas

I've posted my top courses earlier in the thread, but I had to add one I just played late last week: Longaberger

http://www.longabergergolfclub.com/

Wow. We were on our annual golf trip and got to play this one round. Bad thing was it was our "afternoon" round (we play 36 a day) and I played like crap, so I'd love another crack at it in the morning when I'm fresh! But wow..what a track.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

• Administrator
I've posted my top courses earlier in the thread, but I had to add one I just played late last week: Longaberger

I'll have a review of it available soon, too. Was the wind blowing quite a lot when you played?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'll have a review of it available soon, too. Was the wind blowing quite a lot when you played?

Well, I'll call it "pleasantly breezy".

Yes...I even made the comment to some of the guys I was playing with that it looked to be like one of those courses that no matter when you played it, the wind was going to be blowing. Some holes were affected more than others of course (since you've played it, you know what I mean) but it wasn't a severe wind where I'd have to go 2 clubs longer or anything. I'm sure on "windy" days it can get down right nasty. I'd go back in a heartbeat. There were a few things I do regret though: we were on our annual golf trip (played 36 a day) and this was our "afternoon" round on Friday. I'd have loved to have played it in the morning while I was fresh. And since I was so taken in by the course itself, I forgot what hole to look at to see the Longaberger corporate office! I mean it's not every day you see a huge building shaped like a basket! But I'll be back. Oh yes...I'll be back. And by the way...your review of Eaglesticks in Zanesville was spot on. We really enjoyed ourselves at that course and will probably go back again.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

Old Waverly in West Point, MS., home of the 1999 Women's Open
Spring Creek in Collierville, TN.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

I refuse to put longaberger on my list just because the one time I played it, it wasnt even fun to play it was so tough. 3 club wind, early in the season so the rouch was about as thick as it will ever be. The fairways were ultra tight and the greens were rolling 12's.

Amazing course though, too hard for even my tastes.

In the columbus area I like heritage, tartan fields, little turtle and the scarlet more than longaberger.

In The Huffer:

Driver: Superquad 10.5* Aldila NV-S Shaft
3w: 975 F
Hybrid: 22 Degree Baffler Multimetal3-PW: LCG Burner IronsSW: 56 Degree 588 GunmetalPutter: DfX No 2Balls: ALWAYS NXT Tour #3's, or NXT Extreme #3'sHome Course: Glenmoor Country Club: Jack Nicklaus Signature Course. 7015...

Stone Mountain Golf Club
www.stonemountaingolf.com

Some beautiful views and nice holes.

In my Essex Stand Bag:
3 Wood: F/Speed - Aldila S Graphite Shaft
Hybrid: Halo 3i 22° - R Graphite Shaft
Wedges: Glass Bead - Lob Wedge - 60°Putter: Tour Collection MX400 (LOVE IT!)Ball: HX-Tour 56 - Pro-V1XHome Courses: Stone Mountain Golf Course (73.5/134)

My favorites in the world:
1. Mid Ocean Club, Bermuda (watch the pros there in Oct.)
2. Old Course, St. Andrews
3. Ballybunion Old, Ireland

My favorites in the US:
1. Oakmont GC, PA
2. Torrey Pines South, CA
3. Cascades, Homestead, VA

My favorites around Erie, PA:
1. Peek'n Peak Upper Course, NY
2. Whispering Woods, PA
3. Thunder Hill, OH (only 70 lakes since the renovation!)

My favorites around Hot Springs, AR:
1. Ponce de Leon
2. Isabella (Nina + Pinta)
3. Granada

Marshall

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Best course I've played is Pacific Dunes, but really, the entire Bandon complex is top notch. Last summer a group of us (10) stayed in a couple of the cabins for a weekend and played each course twice (2 rds a day). Amazing experience, the place is 100% golf in it's purest form. It drastically changed my perspective on the game, and I was already full on addicted before the trip.

Driver: Titleist 907D1
3W: 906F2 15
5W: Cobra SZ HS
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 21
Irons: Taylormade Rac LT2 Wedges: Vokey SM 52 + 56 Putter: Some old piece of crap

Note: This thread is 3371 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!