IGNORED

Pet Peeves

AceDunk
Note: This thread is 3923 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tobacco spit on the green! Or anywhere really. I do not want to touch my ball if it rolled through that. I've heard this defended by saying "it's absorbed in 60 seconds..." so what!!
Keep it to yourself. Just because it doesn't gross you out doesn't mean it doesn't disgust others.
Not fixing ball marks
Slow inconsiderate play
Sports bar behavior that can be heard 300 yards away.

its not noise, its sudden unexpected noise

In that case a conversation among guys around you shouldn't matter as long as it is continuous. The sudden unexpected noise wasn't what I was talking about with the original post. The whole dont be moving around/talking while I'm hitting part is what's curious

The only thing that ticks me off worse than not fixing ball marks is people who fix them incorrectly by lifting the turf up instead of folding it in.

The only thing that ticks me off worse than not fixing ball marks is people who fix them incorrectly by lifting the turf up instead of folding it in.

I'd just be happy to see them attempting to fix their mark. I sometimes feel like I'm the only guy who does. It's purely out of self-interest-if we don't fix these marks we'll have to putt through them. It's one of those mysteries of golf to me, even when I decide to tell one of my playing partners "Hey, make sure you repair that mark" I usually have to end up tossing them a divot tool, like the fact that one of their shots might hit the green on the fly comes as a complete surprise.

I'd just be happy to see them attempting to fix their mark. I sometimes feel like I'm the only guy who does. It's purely out of self-interest-if we don't fix these marks we'll have to putt through them. It's one of those mysteries of golf to me, even when I decide to tell one of my playing partners "Hey, make sure you repair that mark" I usually have to end up tossing them a divot tool, like the fact that one of their shots might hit the green on the fly comes as a complete surprise.

Lately, I'm one of those guys that it comes as a complete surprise to. On the other hand I get SO EXCITED when I actually manage to hit a green, that I pray I get to fix a ball mark! When I played last weekend (in NY), the greens were so squishy that nearly every shot onto the green required some sort of repair

In the bag
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
Fairway: Launcher 2009 17*
Irons: X-18r 4-SW
Gap Wedge: CG15 52*Wedge: X Tour 60*Putter: Crimson 550Ball: E5

Lately, I'm one of those guys that it comes as a complete surprise to. On the other hand I get SO EXCITED when I actually manage to hit a green, that I pray I get to fix a ball mark! When I played last weekend (in NY), the greens were so squishy that nearly every shot onto the green required some sort of repair

It's nice when it's like that around here, because then you actually *can* repair the marks. Sometimes the greens get so dry that you have to be really careful or the dried turf just tears instead of stretching back to cover the hole. Usually it's possible to do an ok job, but if you really try to do it right you risk tearing off turf.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Not repairing a ball mark bothers me too.
I played with a guy last week that finally hit a green from about 100 yards out and ask to borrow my tool to repair the mark. I watched as he made a mess trying to repair it. Then he used the "handle" of the tool to pat it down and try to level the mark instead of his putter.

DLX cart bag...white/red

R1
913F 15*

913H 19*

G25s 4 iron - U wedge

CG 14 Black Pearl 56* -  60*

... KOMBI 35" 

...ProV1

We recently played at a course where the starter made you show your ball mark repair tool before he'd send you out. If you didn't have one he'd send you back to the clubhouse (where they were actually giving away cheap ones). I thought this was a great policy.

[QUOTE=AceDunk;489897]Post things that you find exceptionally annoying that are commonplace and can't really be changed. For example, don't post slow play since it's obvious and everyone hates it.

For me it's taking a break after 9. I hate waiting while my playing partners are inside buying hamburgers and hotdogs and the group ahead is just finishing theirs and hasn't teed off on 10 yet. Really you can't go 4 hours without a full meal? I just keep an orange or something in my bag and I'm good to go. I love courses where the #10 teebox is way the hell out there and forces people to keep playing. Obviously I realize they're set up so people can just play 9 but that's why it's a pet peeve.[/ QUOTE]

For myself, and I think a lot of other golfers, stopping at the turn for a dog & a beer or soft drink is part of an enjoyable round. I'm not talking about sitting down to eat and I'm not talking anout hanging out on the 10th tee with nobody hitting until they're done eating. There's just something enjoyable about stopping at the turn and grabbing a bite.
my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, fixing a ball mark is like getting a trophy. It's a reward for hitting the green. It's like, "Hey look at me, I have to fix the green because I hit such a nice shot".

its not noise, its sudden unexpected noise

This - either keep talking from start to finish or keep quiet the whole time. Starts or stops are what really do it.

And remember, in golf, the people who bother you tend to be 10 feet away. In most other sports, they're at least 50. I'm fine is somebody starts up their cart by the green while I'm on the next tee box but the littleist things become distractions at close range.

Yeah, fixing a ball mark is like getting a trophy. It's a reward for hitting the green. It's like, "Hey look at me, I have to fix the green because I hit such a nice shot".

That's exactly how I feel!!

In the bag
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
Fairway: Launcher 2009 17*
Irons: X-18r 4-SW
Gap Wedge: CG15 52*Wedge: X Tour 60*Putter: Crimson 550Ball: E5

1.The ground keepers on their freakin' mowers who instead of turning the mowers off, just set there and idle with a mad look on their face. 2.People leaving their trash around tee boxes(cigarette butts!!) 3.Unraked sand traps and unrepaired divots on the green

Cleveland Hibore XLS Driver: Nike Ignite2 Irons: Adams SW and LW: Odyssey White Hot Mallet: Bridgestone e6 and TreoSoft Balls etc...

Groundskeepers who are rude. I know they are doing their job but some dont understand that the customers are the ones paying to play... they should show the same respect as those playing the game.

I also dont like those golfers who dont play with ediquette or dont respect the course, if I wanted to play beer league softball I would. I dont like it on the course
...Practice Can Never Make Perfect... Practice Makes Improvement...
 bettinardi.gif
taylormade.gifadidas.gif

when people don't fix there ball marks
when people take any ball they see thats not there's or from someone in there group
when the damn ranger doesn't do his job enforcing basic etiquette
when the cart girl doesn't come around at least twice, more than that if she good looking

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It is funny that your mention that. I have noticed lately, 3-4 courses in this area that have posted diagrams in the pro shop showing both repair methods. I always pull up the middle then pull in the sides. Then I tap it down with my putter.

It is funny that your mention that. I have noticed lately, 3-4 courses in this area that have posted diagrams in the pro shop showing both repair methods. I always pull up the middle then pull in the sides. Then I tap it down with my putter.

Is that one of the posted methods?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I always heard that you stick in the tool and then push towards the divot from all sides, then pat it down.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Note: This thread is 3923 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!