acegolfer

How Exhausted Are You After 18 Holes?

44 posts / 29123 viewsLast Reply

Is it just me? I get too exhausted after 18 holes and can't do anything after.

I wish I could play relaxed without thinking too much about scoring. I have new respect for tour players who need to focus for 4 straight days.

At my old course which was really hilly I was really tired after a round.

But my new course is flat and I'm ok after 18 holes.

I don't know how the tour players can concentrate on the 4th day since they play 5-6 hour rounds.

The most i have played in 1 day is 44 holes. Sometimes 18 wipes me out, but take Saturday for example, i didn't feel like i had played 18 - i am sure i could have played more.

The most i have played in 1 day is 44 holes. Sometimes 18 wipes me out, but take Saturday for example, i didn't feel like i had played 18 - i am sure i could have played more.

Yeah, you are only 17. I played 54 holes when I was 30. Golf was a lot of fun those days.

Yeah, you are only 17. I played 54 holes when I was 30. Golf was a lot of fun those days.

54 holes?

wow. I've played 36 holes before, I was ok during the round but I was wrecked afterwards.

54 holes?

It was one of the most memorable days in my life. Drove 90 minutes early in the morning and played 3 different courses and drove back 90 minutes.

Im tired after walking a round, especially on a hilly course in the heat. I tend to play hilly courses more so than the majority of the tour courses, just where I live I guess. I have a great deal of respect for the conditioning of the tour players. It would be easier though if I werent carrying my bag. I also notice that the pro's walk very slowly and put very little effort in their trips down the fairway. I on the other hand will climb a hill with bag on back, like a mountain hiker. That cant help you maintain relaxed back muscles.

There is a course here where you pay $13 and you can walk as many holes as you want, 27 is about all i can handle in this Ms heat and i am wore out

I am 52. I feel about the same after 18 as I felt after 36 when I was 26! LOL

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am completley drained after 18. I played 18 on Saturday at 3:00 pm and I could barely function when I got home and I had a cart. It was about 90 degrees, so that probably didnt help. I played 18 the week before at 8:00 am and was fine though.

I learned a valuable lesson about playing 18 when I wasn't physically up for it. I had a heart attack at age 46 and underwent emergency surgery. After the surgery, I felt great and thought I had all kinds of energy. So much, in fact, that I accepted an invitation from a friend for a round of golf exactly one week after the surgery. BIG mistake! I was half-dead when we finished the round. If we had walked rather than rode I'm pretty sure I would've stroked out for sure.

I'm usually just fine after 18. I've played 36 in a day, and would love to go and do that again before too long. Then, seemingly randomly, after 18 some days I will be worn out and my back will hurt. It scares me plenty when it happens.

It depends on how hot/humid the round was. The heat usually drains me more than the actual golfing does. In high 60's to mid 70's weather i could walk 36 with no problem. But you get hot humid weather like we did last week id be lucky to even complete 18.

Depends mainly on the heat and humidity, and whether there's a breeze. If it's 98* and 98% with no wind action, I'm done for after 18 holes. And I usually ride a cart for 18,

If it's in the 90s but drier and a little breezy, I feel much better.

I once walked 27 holes on a hit, dry breezy day. I rode the final nine - not because I was tired - but the ground was so hard it bruised the soles of my feet, and I was having trouble walking. I need to play 36 in one day at least once a year - you really get into the game then.

A few of the public courses around here let you play all day long paying for one round.

Since we always have to ride, I wouldnt say that I am tired, but I cant hit a ball right after about 27 holes.

I think that much of this thread comes down to age. Even when I was 40 I could play 72 holes walking on a week end without any problem. I don't walk any more... trouble with my feet ended that for more than about 9 holes about 10 years ago, but I still can play 36 holes in a day without any major difficulties. I'll be doing so next week when my brother and I play the Nicklaus designed Old Works course in Anaconda, Montana. We play 3 rounds in 2 days there... not much else to do after the morning round that first day... Anaconda isn't exactly packed with stuff to do.