IGNORED

Carrying Weapons (on the golf course)

6iron
Note: This thread is 731 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think I've just thought of a solution to the slow play problem

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to put a pistol grip on my putter...

Going to go with the Rifle shafts too...

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Maybe some new clubs...

"Bullet Golf Hi-Caliber Full Set Bullet Golf s all-in-one set of clubs offers cutting-edge technology and design features at a fraction of the cost of other brands. Complete with six headcovers and stand bag with rain hood."

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

And you may need a new putter

Odyssey White Hot XG Marxman?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

to fourputt and our golfing friends in Ireland, England and Canada; the answer to your questions and ignorance is quite simple.

"Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Look at it like this: if you allow your government to disarm you in the name of your own security then you run a high risk of allowing your government to take away your freedoms and liberties.

OR let these men say it:
""Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin franklin

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." -- Patrick Henry

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason

For our British friends:
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." -- Mahatma Gandhi

For our far left of political center fellow golfers:
Every Communist must grasp the truth, 'Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.' -- Mao Tse-tung, 1938

The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to permit the conquered Eastern peoples to have arms. History teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so. -- Hitler, April 11 1942

----------

We carry guns becasue we can. Our founders granted that right; murderers and tyrants recognize the right to bear arms as a hindrance to their goals.

In the bag:
Cleveland Launcher 9.5º Driver
Cleveland 4W 17º
Mizuno MX Hybrid 20ºMizuno MX-200's 4 - GCleveland G10 56º SWOddysey 2ball with line Putter

Our founders granted that right

For the most part, very good post. However, our founders didn't grant us anything. Inalienable rights are endowed upon us "by our creator". Our founders simply guaranteed our inalienable rights via our Constitution and Bill of Rights (which have been blatantly ignored for the past 100 years but that's a topic for another discussion) by applying limits to the powers of government.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

to fourputt and our golfing friends in Ireland, England and Canada; the answer to your questions and ignorance is quite simple.

A lot of countries have governments that don't allow their people to carry guns....and they still have freedom and liberties????

Australia New Zealand Canada Ireland Scotland etc etc And these are some of the safest countries in the world

I do not carry a firearm, but I know how to operate one well.

I remember that guy who killed 17 students in cold blood at a school in america.

If he didn't have a gun that never would have happened.
How does a maniac going on a killing spree differ from a maniac blowing up a coffee shop in the middle east? or a train in spain? or a church in ireland?

Minaic blowing up coffee shop: Iraq war fuelled by russia and

America or a train in spain?: They say that was done by Al Queda. Part of iraq war again. church in ireland? England's fault. If you give people power there's a chance they'll abuse it. Guns don't solve anything, they make things worse.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I own a gun, and I believe that people should be allowed to carry them to protect themselves. I would personally never carry one onto the golf course. I'm afraid that I would be endangering myself with my next 4 putt...

Driver -G10 10 1/2*
F/W - G10 3
Hybrid - G10 21*
Irons - G10 4-U
Wedges -: 54* 60*putter - anser 2 BeCu

another thing.

Prison population per 100,000 inhabitants CountryPrison population per 100,000 inhabitants United States of America756 Russian Federation611 New Zealand186 Australia157 United Kingdom148

America is top of the list.

I wonder how many of them are Fire-Arm related?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

another thing.

That's a bad example, because it doesn't take into account the hundreds that are executed lol

And you may need a new putter

Next time I am in the pro shop I may have to pull the trigger on the Marxman...

Don't jump the gun though.....look at others too

another thing.

I'd wager that the so-called "war on drugs" has a much larger effect on the American prison population. America is, and always has been, a violent country. I'm not bragging about this fact, and America would continue to be a violent country without guns. But that is irrelevant, every handgun could be outlawed tomorrow, and it wouldn't stop

criminals from getting access to illegal handguns . No gains is safety are made by disarming the law-abiding portion of the populace. I'm probably more liberal than most on this forum, and most golfers in general. Regardless, I'm an enthusiastic supporter/believer in the Bill of Rights- all of them . The reason people are so surprised to hear about the number of people carrying guns to golf, and carrying guns in general, is because they didn't know. They didn't know because these are law-abiding people who have been exercising their constitutional and natural rights in a safe and mature manner. I feel bad for people who have a friend or family member who has been injured or killed with a gun. It happened to a friend of mine-by a two-time felon and gang member facing life and/or deportation. I don't blame the gun, and there were numerous laws in place with serious penalties that forbid this low-life from being anywhere near a gun. Just like I don't blame the car or the alcohol for killing the uncle I never met-I blame the a**hole who chose to drive drunk.

Don't jump the gun though.....look at others too

I may have to bite the bullet...

I think most of this argument is pretty silly being that if it weren't for the "American Guns" these clowns would typing in German, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Korean or some language other than English.

Hoorah for firearms and Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun!!

In my Nike Sport Cart Bag:
Driver: Burner SUPERFAST TP 10.5*
3 Wood Burner SUPERFAST
5 Wood SQ Dymo
Irons(4-GW) SZ Vokey Oil Can 56* 64* TP WedgePutter Oz Mallet 6Ball: ProV1x

Note: This thread is 731 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!