IGNORED

Grafalloy ProLaunch Red

Note: This thread is 4811 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey all,
Just wondering is anybody has ever tried the Grafalloy ProLaunch Red. Im looking at trying one of these in my driver.
I herd they play alot stiffer then normal and send the ball out very flat.

They are dirt cheep atm aswell.

Let me know thanks :)

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

Hey all,

I play one in my 12.5* 3 wood. I like it a lot. I have the stiff and it doesn't play a lot stiffer than normal. I use it in place of my driver a lot. It is a great shaft for the money if you need a low launcher.

A 12.5 3 wood! You hit that thing 300 yet? haha :) Ive never hit a 3 wood that strong :P Thanks for the quick post, I think im just going to buy one and stick it in for a matter for 20$

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

I have the ProLaunch Red stiff in a G10 10.5 degree driver.

It's stronger than Ping's stock graphite shaft, but not too strong. I thought it was too soft and switched to the driver / shaft combo in my sig line.

My son is now using it (he's 14 years old with 95 mph swing speed) and hitting the living crap out of it.

A 12.5 3 wood! You hit that thing 300 yet? haha :) Ive never hit a 3 wood that strong :P Thanks for the quick post, I think im just going to buy one and stick it in for a matter for 20$

I have gotten it out there about 265 as my longest off the tee with a slight wind at my back. It is a bomber for sure. I can hit it off the deck too. You can't go wrong for $20. I would put one in my driver if I didn't have to pay so much for it with an adapter for my club head.

Best of all, I won the club at our year end party for my league last year.

I've got a Ping G10 9* with Prolaunch Red. Exactly how you described it, it's very stout and stiff. I'd say the Stiff is more along the lines of X-stiff. I swing at 113-118mph driver and was looking for something that'll cut down the backspin and a piercing trajectory. So far I'm happy with the shaft...the head however started feeling dead to me past couple weeks and I'm losing some distance so not sure whats going on with that.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

I've got a Ping G10 9* with Prolaunch Red. Exactly how you described it, it's very stout and stiff. I'd say the Stiff is more along the lines of X-stiff. I swing at 113-118mph driver and was looking for something that'll cut down the backspin and a piercing trajectory. So far I'm happy with the shaft...the head however started feeling dead to me past couple weeks and I'm losing some distance so not sure whats going on with that.

Wierd, I don't find the one in my 3 wood to be anywhere near an x-stiff. My driver ss is 95-100.

Wierd, I don't find the one in my 3 wood to be anywhere near an x-stiff. My driver ss is 95-100.

maybe the FW shaft is a bit different. When I was demoing out a bunch of shafts, the prolaunch red was very stiff compared to most "stiff" shafts. Maybe its because of the high kickpoint but the shaft is definitely on the stouter side. It came down to either the Prolaunch Red or a couple other shafts in X-Stiff but I went with the Red in Stiff.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

I think the prolaunch red has generally been looked at as a stout shaft. I generally play regular flex, but can pull off stiff in certain shafts, but I don't think I would have success with the prolaunch red in stiff. It is a good shaft--I have a reg flex in a 9* Ping G10, and it sure does what it is supposed to do. Though I may end up putting it in a 10.5* G10 where it might be a better fit for me. A definite bargain though.

Equipment:
Ping K15 Driver (10.5º) - Diamana BB R flex; Ping G15 4 Wood (TFC R flex); Ping G15 20* Hybrid (TFC R flex); Ping G15 23* and 27* Hybrids (AWT R flex steel); Ping G15 Irons 6-GW (AWT R flex steel); Ping I-Wedge 54* Wedge; CG14 BP 58* Wedge; Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #9 Putter

i didnt think they were that stiff

I installed mine at full borethrough on my 905T (I play the AXIS though) and it cpm'd at 271, which is X-Stiff I feels pretty good like the shaft, not aure about the head I have a PING Rapture (the original) w a Matrixk Ozik Z-Stiff coming heard its a bomber to the OP - I like the PL Red Axis i have , good shafts for the $$
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I have one in my driver and love it. It is a little stiffer feeling then the Prolaunch Blue which i had in a G5. For me the combination of the shaft and G10 head(10.5*) I hit the ball higher and farther. I also have it in my G10 Hybrid which is the first Hybrid I don't hook. I really like it, so much so I just got a G10 3 wood with the same shaft.

Driver G10 10.5*
3 Wood G10 15.5*
5 Wood G5
Hybrid G10 21*
Irons 4-P G10Wedges Tour W 54* & 58*Putter G2 CrazeBag Hoofer LiteBall ProV1X

• 7 months later...

Old thread but instead of starting a new thread on the same subject just posted a question here.

I was planning on buying an Adams a3OS hybrid with the Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shaft.  I noticed the a7's have the Grafalloy ProLaunch Axis which today at the store seemed very stiff for a regular flex shaft.  After reading the above comments it appears the Red shaft plays stiff as well.  My swing speed with a hybrid is probably about 78-80 mph on average.  I am thinking this club would be too stiff for me unless I can find it in a senior flex.  Would you guys agree?

I had narrowed my hybrid search down to the Tour Edge Bazooka, the a3OS or the 07 Burner Rescue.  I really liked the feel of the regular flex Aldila shaft in the Burner.  So I am leaning that route now.

Seems strange that Adams would put such a stiff shaft in a club that is meant for super game improvement.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

I recently changed from a Fujikura Red Fit On M Stiff to a ProLaunch Red Reg and in my uneducated hands it does indeed feel stiffer...

I'm sure someone will say its just the kick point or torque but regardless overall it feels and plays a little firmer than my old Stiff shaft....

Is it right for you? Only you know... My swing speed was recently measured at 80mph with a 7 iron and the Prolaunch was recommended based on my feedback on what the ball was doing with my old shaft and swing speed... I went to the Fujikura as an inbetween step....

Best of luck

"Let the bears pay the bear tax I pay the Homer tax!"

Note: This thread is 4811 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!