IGNORED

What's you avg long distance from the fairway ?

sam004
Note: This thread is 5011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My fairway wood, 15 degree, r7 goes about 220 - 230 unless I hit it exceptionally well then maybe 240 yards downhill with the wind behind me.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Average green light go for is 230 and less...250-230 really depends...

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5* | Rad Tour 18.5* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Max distance, i would have to say a couple weeks ago i hit a 3-wood from 265 and landed it pin high from the pin, thats after topping my drive past the lady's tee ;b

SO, do you play your 3wood off the tee? And if not, then how far do you hit your driver?

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

I rarely go for the green since my tee shot is usually in the rough or behind some trees, but I'd probably go for it if I'm within 220 (either 3wood or hybrid).

Sticks: Burner SF 9.5, 15, 19 | MX-300 4-GW | CG15 56.14, 60.12 | BS Tour #9
Accessories: Tour 360 4.0 | Revolution Stand Bag | GolfShot iPhone App
Last Round: 82 (70)

a good shot with 3wood is roughly 250-260. yesterday, on 509 yard par 5, I teed off with my 3 wood (water hazard at 290) and had my ball come to a stop just about 260. 240 to go, choked down a inch and hit it right onto the green.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

a good shot with 3wood is roughly 250-260. yesterday, on 509 yard par 5, I teed off with my 3 wood (water hazard at 290) and had my ball come to a stop just about 260. 240 to go, choked down a inch and hit it right onto the green.

Just wondering, why wouldn't you pull out your 5 wood in that scenario? It seems your 5w might fly around 235ish?

Sticks: Burner SF 9.5, 15, 19 | MX-300 4-GW | CG15 56.14, 60.12 | BS Tour #9
Accessories: Tour 360 4.0 | Revolution Stand Bag | GolfShot iPhone App
Last Round: 82 (70)

Just wondering, why wouldn't you pull out your 5 wood in that scenario? It seems your 5w might fly around 235ish?

wind to my face so choked down and hti the 3 wood low instead of hitting the 5 wood up.

distance wise, usually if i wanna keep the ball low, the 3 wood will go just about 240-ish. If i had hit the 5 wood low, it would've been about 10 yards or so short and if I hit a full shot with a 5 wood, there's no telling how short it would've been with the wind.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

The farthest ive hit any shot from the green is about 210 yards and that was on a long par 4 after a subpar tee shot and hit my 3 hybid on. The farthest ive ever hit that club or even my 3 wood is about 245-250 yards. Playing at Stone Creek just south of carbondale about 3 months ago on I believe the 14th hole, a 525 yard par 5. Hit a good tee shot, about 250 yards leaving me with about 275 left to go. With wind helping, dry hard fast fairways and the 2nd shot being downhill, came up about 20 yards short of the green by cutting the corner of the dogleg right a bit and just missing the overhanging trees by a few feet and getting a good hard bounce with lots of roll with a perfectly struck 3 hybrid. Havent been able to match that distance since then. About 200 yards or maybe a little more is realistically as far away as I can hit the green or at least get close as Im usually not accurate enough to hit the green from that distance.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

275 YARDS - With Driver off the deck with good lie + very rarely with an excellent lie in the rough. very rare though to get a good lie in rough, but it does happen!

the driver off the deck requires a slight cut due to a slight open face with hands forward on impact + shallow divot.

otherwise its the stock standard 250 yard 2 iron off the deck.

or, 240 yard 4 wood.

always give way to the Greenskeeper!!

in my bag:
whatever clubs i find left behind on the course... But the Ping Anser will never be beaten!!

BALL: only get off tractor for PRO v1's..... Now, which way to Q School???

Had a career shot last summer,hit my ball into light rough on a dog-leg left.My playing partner lasered the range for me,244 yds to the flag.Absolutely smoked a 16" hybrid,didn't even feel the swing or the ball,went through the green and past the flag by 15 yds.Never tried it again but now I've come over all sensible and for consistency as a high handicapper I am now only taking a 5 iron because it's the second shot which is costing me scores which in turn is effecting the third shot.So about 175 max with that club if I have a long way to go but I will only go for the green if I have less than 150.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

I'll go for a green every time from 215 and in with an iron. I won't pull the 3 wood from 260 unless I know there's room to miss the green, as I know it's not a high percentage shot. I'm not a very aggressive player, but lately I've been going for more par 5's in two...

My Equipment:
Driver: 9.5* R9, 73g Fubuki stiff | 3wood: 15* R9 3 Wood, x-stiff shaft | Hybrid: 19* Lynx Hybrid, reg. flex | Irons: MP-68s (4i-PW), 5.5x flighted |
Wedges: 52.08*, 56.11*, & 60.07 Vokey Spin-Milled | Putter: Pixl L1.8, 33.5" | Balls: Pro V1x |

Note: This thread is 5011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!