IGNORED

JACKPOT at Play It Again...

Note: This thread is 5020 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't normally gush after getting a great deal on clubs but today I hit the absolute jackpot. I was out running some errands today and I always stop by my local Play It Again Sports shop just to see what's in the inventory. Sometimes you find real gems there but most of the time it's just old worn out crap.

So today I stop in and go immediately to the wedge/putter rack. There staring at me are three absolutely beautiful Vokey wedges. A lot of time the wedges at PIAS look like they were run over by a lawnmower then dragged behind a truck. But not these, oh no, they are MINT! I looked at the 52 gap and I sear it's never been hit. The lob looks like it's seen 5, maybe 6 balls. I've been rotating out my Cleveland's and I needed to replace my gap and lob but I didn't want to drop $200. So now I've got a full compliment of Vokey's making my bag look uber sexy.

The price for these wedges, $45 each!!!!!!! I'm a happy happy man. I'm almost sad that I didn't need the SW!

What's your "I found a gem story"?

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20's  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

I found a nifty Mizuno putter at PIAS for $10. It was only in fair condition though. Nothing like your deal, congrats.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

Wow that's great!

Closest I've had was recently looking for a TM Burner FW #3 and #5 in R flex. I'd been watching them on eBay and most were going for closer to $100. I was playing at this country course in the middle of no where over July 4th and lo and behold, they had both woods sitting in the used bag area. They were $75 each which was an ok deal considering their shape but I was too excited to have found the exact ones without having to go on-line.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

i found a very good condition r7 superquad with proforce v2 shaft for 50 bucks at PIAS. unfortuantly it was the very next day after i had just bought a driver. I almost bought it just because it was so cheap but didnt really have the money to do so.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

Nice find, but I will one up you haha. Found a 58* SM Vokey in the used section at Carls Golfland. The club hardly looked hit at all, like you said less than 10 balls had been hit. I looked over the thing cause I never believed it was only 35$. One of the best deals I have ever found.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

i forgot how good Vokey's were until i bagged them again this year
my wedge play has been so good lately, and i truely owe it to the Vok's
I just wish they offered a 60º w more bounce - hense why i play the SV - but that rig is awesome too, very good wedges

nice score bro!
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Compared to last year's Black Friday prices, I got a semi-decent deal at PIAS when I picked up my 855's (somewhere around $150 on Black Friday last year for the iron set at Sports Authority) for $90.. then again, they were used... so yeah. Not as good of a deal, but I'll be back over there next week to look for a putter and perhaps a sand wedge to replace my Northwestern (eventually I'll be rid of those -censored- clubs.)

What's in my Tartan Precise TS-869 Bag:
Woods: Northwestern 1W, 3W, stock grip
Hybrids: 855 Graphite shaft 3H, 4H, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Irons: 855 R flex steel shaft 5-PW, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Wedges: PureSpin Tour Series Diamond Face 52* AW, 56* SW, 60* LW, Golf Pride...

The deal with PIAS, at least in Orange County, CA, they were having kids break into peoples houses and steal top quality equipment. It was a big deal. I would not be suprised if this stuff is stolen.

Bag: SunMountain KG:3 Cart Bag
Driver: Titleist 913 D3

Fairway: Nike VR_S Covert Tour 3

Hybrid: Nike VR_S Covert 3
Wedges: 51° ,55°, 59° Trusty Rusty

Irons: Adams CMB
Putter: TM Ghost Spider

Glove: LeviTee Golf Glove

Shoe: True LinksWear Sensei, Proto

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

I can claim my Slazenger 5W. Especially good because it has a midkick rather than lowkick R shaft.

It was on clearance for $37. I traded in a putter I never use for $20 credit, so I got the 5W for net $17.

And, my wife was happy that putter was no longer leaning against the wall.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

unfortunately the PIAS we had locally closed up at some time. The nearest ones are about an hour away. Congrats on the find. Hmmmmmmm......I can almost hear it. "Hey Honey, have you seen my Vokey Wedges?"

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

God I hope they weren't stolen! According to the guy beyond they counter the guy that sold them said he had lost his job so yeah...they're probably hot

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20's  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

I have 2 PIAS in my area, one next to Golfsmith, and the other is next to Dick's Sporting Goods, with Golf Galaxy 1/2 mile away. So, my PIAS price everything like it's in new condition. Even the stuff so beat up I wouldn't bother buying it to hit off concrete is priced like new. I rarely bother going into the stores.

Great find for you!!

In the bag
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
Fairway: Launcher 2009 17*
Irons: X-18r 4-SW
Gap Wedge: CG15 52*Wedge: X Tour 60*Putter: Crimson 550Ball: E5

We have one PIAS in Lincoln, about two blocks from an Austad's. The last time I was in there I saw several really nice Vokey wedges priced at $39-45. Otherwise, their prices weren't anything to write home about.
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

I was happy to find some cheap but playable wedges (nothing fancy, but $5-$15 for playable wedges) and my 3W there for $20. Not phenomenal prices as these clubs are all either 10 or more years old from big names or more recent low-end stuff, but it was nice to add useable clubs for dirt cheap.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I walked into PIAS one day to see a SC Red-X2 sitting on the wall brand new(still had shrinkwrap on the grip) for $60! Best deal on any of the clubs in my bag.
sunmountain.gif C-130 Cart Bag: titleist.gif 910D2 10.5Deg   taylormade.gif R9 15Deg, Burner Superfast 5W/7W   mizuno.gif MP-57 5-PW
scratch.gif 54*ds, 58*ds    cameron.gif Red X2    callaway.gifTour iZ

i got my 60 vokey wedge at Pawn America for $10. It was probably a few months old. Grooves were in "like new" condition. It was in an old "$10 for all the old clubs in this bag" deal. I walked up with the Vokey and said.... "tell you what....I'll give you $10 for just this one club." Deal. Idiots! I feel like I robbed them, but they had it marked.

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

I tried to go to a PIAS this weekend but they were gone! Out of business. :(

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

I picked up my Nickent Arc 54 wedge a couple of weeks ago from Golf Town for $25. Brand new. I was looking for a 56 to complete my set, but hell, I'll take a 54 for $25.

Driver: 4DX SuperMag 10.5º
Fairway Wood: 4DX 3-Wood
Hybrids: 5DX 3, 4
Irons: 4DX Pro 5-PW
Wedges: Arc 52º, 54º, VR 58ºPutter(s): SeeMore FGP OriginalBag: Org.14 Xtreme

Note: This thread is 5020 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!