IGNORED

Has anyone tried Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G grips?

Note: This thread is 3326 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

The original Tour Wraps never wore out like the 2gs do. A club maker told m that they quit making them because they lasted too long. I am starting to believe him.

Honestly, I don't doubt that for a second.  In the same way that older toasters, coffee makers, etc never use to die.  Now, you are almost certain to have to replace them every year or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TourSpoon View Post

The original Tour Wraps never wore out like the 2gs do. A club maker told m that they quit making them because they lasted too long. I am starting to believe him.

Honestly, I don't doubt that for a second.  In the same way that older toasters, coffee makers, etc never use to die.  Now, you are almost certain to have to replace them every year or two.

There is not much money in making a grip that lasts 2 years versus a grip that lasts a season. You knew when the old ones got hard that you replaced them. Now the rubber wears down after a few rounds.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• Administrator
Originally Posted by TourSpoon

There is not much money in making a grip that lasts 2 years versus a grip that lasts a season. You knew when the old ones got hard that you replaced them. Now the rubber wears down after a few rounds.

Yeah, or those almost indestructible tees.

Yet the companies that make the plastic tees and the ones that make the pure rubber grips that last 1-2+ years (PURE Grips) seem to be doing just fine.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...
I've had the V2 grips on my clubs for two years and love them. It's best to wipe them off after each round for best performance. I've had no problem with wear. The only issue is if you play in the rain you MUST wear rain gloves as these grips are super slick when wet. They're nice and tacky all other times.

• 7 months later...
I put some golf pride tour wraps midsize on the irons for spring summer coming up. Winn dri tacos did a great job over Texas "winter". Golf pride tour wraps are awesome in ideal sunny conditions. Beware of sweat or high humidity.

I just put a new set of Tour Wraps on my clubs yesterday.  Unfortunately now it's about 30° and won't be out of the 40's for at least 4 days, so they sit in the garage.  I like the grips, but here in Colorado, I don't play in rain (it always comes with lightning), and humidity and sweat are not usually a problem.  With typical daytime humidity at 20% or below, the grips stay tacky as long as you just wipe them to keep them clean.  I don't use a glove and they stick to my hands like glue.  Never had a problem with them wearing out prematurely, but I don't hit 5000 balls a year on the range, nor do I swing at 130 mph.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love the Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G. I have jumbos. I clean them before every round and they stay tacky. I've had one on my driver for a couple of years with no loss in tack. A little wear, but still great.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Love them. Play them in the mid-size. Wipe them down before each round, they feel new. I have good experience with durability from this model. They are also easy for me to experiment with back weighting (i.e. TourLocks).

I try to salvage grips when I can by using my air compressor to blow them off. I get to reuse them. The 2G jumbos are thick enough that the air compressor won't cause them to bubble or explode. Thinner grips have caused a few bangs. :-)

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Note: This thread is 3326 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!