IGNORED

Can Anybody Beat Brock Lesnar?

JaredSS
Note: This thread is 5029 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think Fedor in his prime vs. Lesnar would've been a great fight, but as of now I think Lesnar would win. I've gotten the impression Fedor is losing interest in fighting. Of course that is hard to say, he's not the most forthcoming guy.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

Fedor has been fighting Cans that Dana wouldnt put in the ring with Brock for there own safety. Fedor is older, slower, and smaller than Brock even though he has an amazing skill set, talent, and history. I think Brock would steam roll Fedor with Fedors only chance to win coming in the first 25-30sec before Brock shoots. Once hes down its done.

Cans? Who? Just because guys are not in the UFC doesn't make them cans. I agree that the biggest organization out there is the UFC and it is like the NFL of MMA, but if you think that all other fighters outside of there are cans, then you have no idea. For their own safety, really??? LOL Randy is older and smaller than Brock, yet he controlled their entire fight until the reach got him. If they had fought again in 2 weeks, Randy would have won. Brock beat Randy (a true LHW), Frank won the first fight and it was a good standup...almost don't win fights, Herring is a great gatekeeper but not a top fighter by ANY means, Carwin was a tough guy but that was because he hadn't been out of the first round with anyone....he looked much better than he actually was. Every Brock fan brings up the first Mir fight but what NONE of them will ever bring up is the fact that the standup hurt Mir as well. If you watch the fight, Mir latched on for an arm bar when they stood the fight up....it was going to be deep as well. SO the whole "fight was stoop up too quick" is ridiculous. IMO, Brock's size has won every fight he has had with the exception of the Carwin fight. The size won't win them all.
I think Fedor in his prime vs. Lesnar would've been a great fight, but as of now I think Lesnar would win. I've gotten the impression Fedor is losing interest in fighting. Of course that is hard to say, he's not the most forthcoming guy.

It just amazes me how Fedor loses 1 fight (after being undefeated for years and years) and he is all of the sudden finished and not interested in fighting any more. It's hilarious to me!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In his last 10 fights Fedor has fought
Werdum
Rogers
Silva
Arlovski
Hong Man choi freakshow
Lindland
Coleman
Crocrop 2X

The only one he lost was to werdum which was a bad loss. But those guys really arent top HW talent anymore esp. coleman, silva, glass chin arlovski(who was winning till he all reminded us of his weak chin)

Face it Fedor hasn't been fighting the top for a while Brock has, I think Carwin victory proved it. In 4-6 fights when Carwin comes back around he will KO brock Till then Brocks the man. I dont think Fedor could even say no to that.
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

I am not gonna say Fedor is a scrub, but face it the HW division has always been the thinnest and is just now starting to step up. Plus he is not out of his prime, he is just one year older than brock, he has just not evolved as he is ignorant to his abilities as he says he has never trained bjj, because he thinks sambo is better. Also, he lost to werdum because of his own ignorance of being invincible, it was a rookie move that he has been doing his entire career.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

In his last 10 fights Fedor has fought

Werdum is a very dangerous fighter. He lost 1 fight in the UFC and got fired coming off of 2 wins.

Rogers ran through his fights and was "supposed" to be the next big thing Big foot Silva is also a dangerous fighter. Arlovski was the champ in the UFC (glass chin? Does Chuck Liddell have a glass chin?) Lindland was the top MW guy in the world when they fought. Dude, you can't compare some of these fighters "now." What you aren't saying is that these fights you are referring to are when these guys were on top of their games. Fedor has fought MANY MANY tougher guys that Brock. Not to mention the fact that these guys would fight tournaments where they would fight multiple times. No comparison. Brock hasn't fought many either. Herring, Mir, Randy, and Carwin....none of these are top 10 fighters in the HWs outside of the UFC. Same difference just a new generation.
I am not gonna say Fedor is a scrub, but face it the HW division has always been the thinnest and is just now starting to step up. Plus he is not out of his prime, he is just one year older than brock, he has just not evolved as he is ignorant to his abilities as he says he has never trained bjj, because he thinks sambo is better. Also, he lost to werdum because of his own ignorance of being invincible, it was a rookie move that he has been doing his entire career.

Ignorant? What? HAHA!!! You do realize that Sambo is very close to BJJ right? He lost to Werdum because he made a mistake of rushing in...fighters do it every day. Brock did it in his first fight....is he ignorant? A rookie move? Werdum was hurt and he tried to capitalize...have you ever fought MMA by the way?

Bryan A

Werdum is a very dangerous fighter. He lost 1 fight in the UFC and got fired coming off of 2 wins.

Werdum lost 2.btw. And his biggest win b4 fedor was gabe.lol(unless you count an unroided overreem)

He was ignorant, there is a reason silva is still the champ you dont go to the ground when there is such a difference in abilities of standup. And brock is ignorant too. I do know what sambo is and I am a brown belt in judo. Just cause I know judo that doesnt mean I shouldnt train bjj(btw judo is the base of bjj, and throws is only half the game) and have competed in judo comps so I have an idea.btw But it is impossible to argue with a fedor fanboy ie.sherdog

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

I am not a Brock Fanboy by anymeans I am just stating my opinion here. The "new" heavywieghts IE Brock, Carwin are physical Monsters with some skills to boot. Those 2 guys are going to fight each other 3-4 times I believe and I think in the end Carwin will be the True #1 hw. He learned his lesson by not breathing while he was punching brock and he will have 2 more first round KO's then KO Brock.

If Fedor wanted to and I mean Really Wanted to show he was the best he would fight in the UFC against Brock NO STRINGS ATTACHED>(Dana wouldnt agree to Fedor's terms because Fedor thought he could show up and own 1/2 of the promotion just because hes Fedor).. But he doesnt, He doesnt want to lose period to scared of his little legacy, and he gets tapped by a UFC dropout. You gotta fight the Best NoW to be the Best not the best from 5-10 years ago until he does that Fedor is only a top5 HW not #1.
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

Werdum lost 2.btw. And his biggest win b4 fedor was gabe.lol(unless you count an unroided overreem)

I am not referring to the entire time he was in the UFC. What I mean is that he didn't lose 2 or three in a row that it takes 99% of the time to get fired. Something else was going on there. It wasn't ignorance. It was the rush of the moment and it happens. Ignorant is a strong word to use in this case....unless you are a MMA fighter and have been in that exact situation before. In this case, ignorance would be on the beholder of the comment when they have no clue what goes through a fighter's mind. A mistake yes...ignorance, NO. So I guess that Forrest was ignorant for standing with Anderson? Irvin was ignorant for standing with Anderson? GSP was ignorant for standing with Serra? I mean this list can go on and on and on for fighters that are ignorant based on your comments. Many times you just have to go where the fight takes you. Fedor hurt Werdum bad and saw a chance to end the fight.....as he has done many many times, and he got caught. He could have very well gotten caught on the feet....GSP/Serra. Fabricio Werdum is actually very well versed in Muay Thai so it's not like he has a bad standup game.

I personally don't like Fedor. I think he is a good fighter and the greatest HW of all time, but I don't like the fact that he wouldn't come to the UFC and prove everyone wrong. So I am not a Fedor fanboy. And BTW, the "ignorant" comments are straight out of Sherdog. ;) You obviously know about Sherdog and what the site is about, so you should know that I take quite an offense to that comment as I have been involved in MMA for almost 20 years and think that site is junk. I agree that just because you know Judo doesn't mean you shouldn't train BJJ. Just because many in MMA use BJJ, doesn't mean that Fedor should train in BJJ over Sambo. Do you see all of the American wrestlers jumping on the Grecco bandwagon or Vice Versa? Impossible is arguing with a Brock nuthugger! That is impossible
I am not a Brock Fanboy by anymeans I am just stating my opinion here. The "new" heavywieghts IE Brock, Carwin are physical Monsters with some skills to boot. Those 2 guys are going to fight each other 3-4 times I believe and I think in the end Carwin will be the True #1 hw. He learned his lesson by not breathing while he was punching brock and he will have 2 more first round KO's then KO Brock.

You can only fight the fights that are available. Fedor is part owners in the organization where he fights and they co-promote. In the end, this is a business. Fedor is in it to make money. He would be taking a loss by coming to the UFC. Now that he has been beaten and is not viewed as unstoppable, I can see him coming to the UFC. Werdum is not a UFC drop out. He got fired for an unknown reason. You guys are making it out like Werdum was some local cage fighter that has no talent whatsoever. Given the same screnario, Werdum can submit big bad Brock as well.

Bryan A

It just amazes me how Fedor loses 1 fight (after being undefeated for years and years) and he is all of the sudden finished and not interested in fighting any more. It's hilarious to me!

I based that comment not on him losing (which I did not even see so I can't comment on it) but on interviews I've read where people who know more than me about the MMA world were saying that was the rumor going around. As in he's not training as much for fights, he's not as into it as he used to be, he might retire, etc.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

I based that comment not on him losing (which I did not even see so I can't comment on it) but on interviews I've read where people who know more than me about the MMA world were saying that was the rumor going around. As in he's not training as much for fights, he's not as into it as he used to be, he might retire, etc.

I can see where you could draw that conclusion from reading articles. From the interviews I have seen with Fedor, he has not considered retiring and that he still trains as hard as ever. I guess no one can really know that but Fedor himself. The thing you have to watch out for is Fedor's manager. Half of this crap comes from him and he is an idiot. He is the biggest reason we haven't seen Fedor in the UFC.

I am not arguing that Fedor didn't make a big mistake, because he did. I just think that blaming ignorance just has no merit. And the other point that I was arguing is that Brock is beatable. Those are the two things I am saying. I agree with everything else. I am a Dos Santos, Anderson, Jon Jones, and BJ fan. So I am neither a Fedor or Brock fan boy.

Bryan A

Werdum is not a UFC drop out. He got fired for an unknown reason.

He was fired because they wanted him to take a pay cut, and he refused. So, technically he was fired but I would view it as he left.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP

Finally saw Cain fight on a replay of the Noguiera fight this weekend, I hadn't seen him before. I just don't know, he's very quick and fluid putting together combo of punches and kicks, I think he'll give Brock a lot of problems standing. But, he's a "soft" 235lbs, the size disparity alone could give Brock the advantage. I know it's not about who's muscled up, but there is just a lot of power/size difference there, and Brock can move and has quality ground skills. Should be a great fight.

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

He was fired because they wanted him to take a pay cut, and he refused. So, technically he was fired but I would view it as he left.

Yeah, I don't blame him. They wanted to cut his pay in half on an existing contract. The UFC cries about guys fulfilling their contracts (Randy Couture, Rampage for example) but then they don't seem to think they have to hold up their side. I can see if a fighter signs a 4 fight contract and loses his first 3 fights, but not in this case. Look where he is at now. He jumped into top 5 in the rankings and just shot his negotiablity up as well. But the UFC won as well, because now they can say that Fedor wasn't really that good to begin with.

Bryan A

I disagree. I think there are a few people that can beat Lesnar. His size is the only thing that has kept him winning this long. The fighters will figure this out quickly and then Lesnar will be like everyone else.

I'll rephrase and say he is the best in the HW division. Give me a fighter and I'll tell you how he is better...

He took a HUGE step up in my opinion after the beating he took by Carwin in the first round. No one has been able to take a Carwin punch and Lesnar took 3 really good shots. Ok, he has a strong jaw. That is so huge and crucial in the HW division. How many HW fights do you see go the full 3 or 5 rounds anymore? Someone usually takes a pounding standing or on the ground or get submitted. He is too big and strong to submit(outside of luck). A BJJ can not move him around like they can other fighters. I don't know anyone who would want to fight him on the ground. Whether people like it or not, he's huge and can not be pushed around. If you say he's not the best in the HW division then what would you call him? A prospect? Ha! I find that laughable. Who is better? Why are they better? The only reason I think Dos Santos has a chance is because of the pounding he gave to Werdum. The reason I don't think Carwin has a chance is because he was getting his ass handed to him in his fight with Gonzaga. So... Carwin narrowly catches Gonzaga. Gonzaga doesn't have a chance because of the beating he took by Dos Santos. Dos Santos handed it to Werdum who beat the unbeatable Fedor. Fedor will never come to the UFC and I think he might be losing it(he also almost got KO'd by Rodgers who has lost his last 2 fights). Fedor's reign is over. Cain Velasquez... Please he could barely finish Kongo. It is going to come down to Dos Santos vs Lesnar ultimately. Dos Santos IMO is a version of pre-Brock-obsessed Mir. This whole game is a big circle. Everyone is catching everyone. The only people that are constant right now is Lesnar and Dos Santos. Dos Santos falls in the category of "too small" for Brock. Brock's reign at the top has just begun.

-Red

Fedor is an throw back to the early days of MMA, like the Iceman and Rampage. These guys are cage fighters, not MMA athletes like many of the fighters today. Fedor lost because Werdum faked being hurt to get him on the mat where Werdum could use his BJJ training to put a triangle choke on him. Fedor was lost on the ground with a unhurt BJJ opponent and was not able to recognize or defend himself from one.

The older generation fighters were tough guys but they typically only had one primary skill i.e. Gracies were BJJ, Chuck boxing, Hughes wrestling, etc. The guys today are athletes that enter the UFC with with an NCAA wrestling background, boxing or Mui Thai training, and are at least a purple belt in BJJ. Brock has heavy hands on his feet and the ground, is an outstanding wrestler, is learning BJJ quickly, and is an amazing athlete. Once he puts it all together its going to be nearly impossible to beat him given his size.

Guys like Brock, Anderson Silva, GSP, and BJ Penn are the prototype for what every MMA fighter is looking to be, which will make it very tough for the older guys to keep up with.

Joe Paradiso

Fedor is an throw back to the early days of MMA, like the Iceman and Rampage. These guys are cage fighters, not MMA athletes like many of the fighters today. Fedor lost because Werdum faked being hurt to get him on the mat where Werdum could use his BJJ training to put a triangle choke on him. Fedor was lost on the ground with a unhurt BJJ opponent and was not able to recognize or defend himself from one.

+1 Especially on Fedor not recognizing his opponent was not hurt after he went to the ground. If you watch the replay he was barely clipped and more so fell backwards.

-Red

haha Werdum got rocked that’s why he was laying on the ground, not because he had the presence of mine to “fake” it. His camp just said that to glorify his win. To say that Fedor was lost on the ground is pretty funny in it self. He slipped that triangle choke/armbar attempt 3 times before Werdum actually locked it into place. He knew what Werdum was trying to do; he just got a little to cocky and a little too aggressive, but who wouldn’t get cocky after going almost 10 years with out an upset. Out of Fedor’s 32 wins 16 of them have been from submission; he’s no stranger to the ground. Lesnar shouldn’t even be in the same discussion. How about he proves himself before everyone crowns him. IMO he should of lost the Carwin fight after being curled up in the fetal position for almost 2 minutes…

Note: This thread is 5029 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!