IGNORED

Handicap Question?

tfauss
Note: This thread is 5027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am not sure about my handicap. I play at a cheap course that doesn't keep track of your handicap, so i can never be sure. The only reason i've somewhat figured it out is because of online handicap calculators.

What my question is - Is my handicap right?

I consistenly shoot mid-low 80s at my course. does a 15 handicap sound right for these scores. I know you factor in course rating and slope rating, but i can't see this making much of a difference when you play at an easy course, like me. I have seen many bogey golfers with a handicap of 15, and i've seen many players that play as well as me and have handicaps around 10.

Course Rating- 64.6
Slope Rating- 111
Par-70
What's in my Bag:
Driver-TaylorMade 09 burner 10.5* | 3 wood-TaylorMade 09 burner | 3 hybrid-TaylorMade Rescue 09 | 4-GW-Titliest AP1 710s | 54.08 wedge-Titliest Vokey spin milled | 60.04 wedge-Titliest Vokey spin milled | Putter-Odyssey white hot #7 | Ball - whatever i find

Yeah My main course is a championship level course i'm at like 14 but when i goto an easier course i can easily shoot 5-10 over just for the fact that they're wide open courses, few hazards, giant greens, slow greens, and NO GOD DAMN FESCUE
I really dont like the course rating system cause some courses are sooo much more narrow and you really have to be strategic with where you leave your shots, and it isnt reflected in course rating and stuff

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

What my question is - Is my handicap right?

That's a pretty low course rating and slope. I use Scorecard to track my handicap and stats and it also displays handicap for individual rounds. On one really easy course I sometimes play (65.4, 105) I shot an 86 and my handicap was 22.2, but on a more difficult course (70.3, 113) my 86 yielded a 15.7 handicap.

If you're playing by the rules of golf and tracking all your scores, your index should be accurate.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

• Administrator
I consistenly shoot mid-low 80s at my course. does a 15 handicap sound right for these scores. I know you factor in course rating and slope rating, but i can't see this making much of a difference when you play at an easy course, like me. I have seen many bogey golfers with a handicap of 15, and i've seen many players that play as well as me and have handicaps around 10.

You have 14.0 in your profile. That's low, because to get that index, the 10 best of your most recent 20 rounds would have to average less than 80 (not by much, but less than 80).

If your 10 best of your last 20 rounds was an 82 (the "low 80s"), and we throw out the rounds higher than that, that gets you a 17.0 index.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

your course rating says that a scratch golfer should be around 64 strokes( average of best 50% being 64.6) and with the slope rating, it doesn't get as hard for the bogey golfer. I would say 15 or 16 would be pretty spot on.

5 scores of 83 will give you a 17.71 diff.

5 scores of 86 will give you a 21.79 diff.

5x17.71 = 88.55
5x21.79 = 108.95

+108.95 = 197.5/10 = 19.75 * .96 = 18.96 HI

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Note: This thread is 5027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!