IGNORED

Violence on the Golf Course

nike_golf
Note: This thread is 5027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And really, who head butts people? Not a left hook or something, but a head butt? In what way does that get a point across? And it puts your head in a vulnerable position!

A headbutt works great as a first attack if you're standing chest-to-chest. I don't know if that was the case in the situation described, but the guy still did it wrong. You are supposed to headbutt their nose, perhaps breaking it or at least stunning your "opponent" momentarily. You don't hit their skull, that's just stupid... despite what professional wrestling shows.

A headbutt works great as a first attack if you're standing chest-to-chest. I don't know if that was the case in the situation described, but the guy still did it wrong. You are supposed to headbutt their nose, perhaps breaking it or at least stunning your "opponent" momentarily. You don't hit their skull, that's just stupid... despite what professional wrestling shows.

Head Butt = CheapShot

Might as well smack somebody with your 3wood.
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

Years ago, playing in a Denver suburb, some guy pulled a knife on another golfer. I never got the comeplete story but it was weird seeing uniformed cops driving a golf cart.

cubdog

Ross (aka cubdog)

We were standing on the tee box, par three, and the twosome ahead of us was putting out on the green. Next thing we see is them arguing, then the fist started flying. We just hung out and watched. After they were done, they got up, got in the cart, and headed to the next tee like nothing happened. After we got back to the clubhouse, we found out they were brothers and it happens all the time. Their spikes did a number on the green though.

In my stand bag....

Driver: Titleist 910D2 9.5
3 wood: R9 TP
Irons: R9 TP

Wedges: xFT 52*, 56*, 60* Putter: Circa '62 #3

Ball: Penta TP #13

We were standing on the tee box, par three, and the twosome ahead of us was putting out on the green. Next thing we see is them arguing, then the fist started flying. We just hung out and watched. After they were done, they got up, got in the cart, and headed to the next tee like nothing happened. After we got back to the clubhouse, we found out they were brothers and it happens all the time. Their spikes did a number on the green though.

LMFAO! I would of paid to see that.

Never seen any fights but did once walk in on some -- how shall we say -- naked grappling in a change room. It appeared to be entirely consensual, so I just backed out of there very quietly.

Later discovered that particular club was quite well known for all the swinging that went on off the course there.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We have a city course here in Columbus, Ohio that is surrounded by a bad neighborhood. The course has been there forever and the neighborhood was not always bad. Anyway several people have been shot on the course, (my father in law is friends with 2 of them) and many many golfers have been robbed at gunpoint. They hired off duty police officers and security guards to patrol the course. It has gotten better in the last couple of years but they still have some issues. I personally have never played there but all four of my kids took lessons there last month.

In My Bag:

Driver:
Hybrid:
Irons: Putter:

Here is a link to a thread I started a few months ago about an incidence here in Utah.

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/threads...e!!?highlight=

My pathetic bag that will hopefully be updated by next Spring.
5 Wood: Palm Springs
3-P Irons: Palm Springs
56deg Sand Wedge: Upswing Golf
58/10 Lob Wedge: Nike Victory Red Putter: Odyssey two ball putter srt Ball: Top Flight D2 Feel

LMFAO... spit milk on my desk. I have 2 farmboy cousins that are exactly like this, so I can see it happening. They don't golf, though, so it's hard to picture them on a green with their golf gloves on and what not. hehe

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

Head Butt = CheapShot

If it's part of you, it's not a cheap shot. Whatever is the first attack is often considered a cheap shot by the opponent (even if it's a fist). But if someone comes up to me, gets in my face, and starts bumping me... he's fair game. I'm not saying I would do that today, but at college age or younger it's happened (not on a golf course... didn't play then). Nowadays, I would probably smile at them, not say anything, and see what they did (most people have a bigger bark than bite). Actually, I can't even imagine getting to that point anymore, I just don't get that worked up over anything. The other person would have to be the aggressor.

BTW, using a weapon is a cheap shot, unless attacked unprovoked.

i almost had to put my foot in some guys ass on a par 3 over water. We had a four some and their was a two some waiting (a guy and his girlfriend) on the tee box. this guy starts yelling at us telling us to hurry up, and telling us we dont know how to play and all this other mess. Keep in mind I am USMC INFANTRY 6'2- 225lbs, and i have a (no better friend, no worst enemy) attitude. so just to piss the guy off i pull the pin and leave it out of the hole just cause he was being an ass. when he continues to yelll slures and what nots. He finally pushed me over the edge so i drive over their to put my foot in his rear end and i get out of my cart and this kid is probably a senior in hs. for real a real snotty my dad is rich kid. once i saw this i had to back off. ONce I leave i guess he calls the pro shop and tells the manager. keep in mind i have a monthly membership at my course. I know all the guys their in the pro shop, and when were done i apologize to the gm and he tells me not to worry about and says "i would have done the same thing" LOL I am really nice guy but once you push that panic button on me I engage. Honestly this kid was just trying to show off in front of his girlfriend.

My Home Course http://www.golfcluboftexas.com
Driver- Taylor Made Burner
Hybrid- CPR 22 Deg.
Irons- Taylor Made Burners 4i- AW
Wedges- Cleveland 54, 56, 60 DegPutter- Cleveland Classic 2 Ball- Callaway IxBag- Ben Hogan Stand Bag

i almost had to put my foot in some guys ass on a par 3 over water. We had a four some and their was a two some waiting (a guy and his girlfriend) on the tee box. this guy starts yelling at us telling us to hurry up, and telling us we dont know how to play and all this other mess. Keep in mind I am USMC INFANTRY 6'2- 225lbs, and i have a (no better friend, no worst enemy) attitude. so just to piss the guy off i pull the pin and leave it out of the hole just cause he was being an ass. when he continues to yelll slures and what nots. He finally pushed me over the edge so i drive over their to put my foot in his rear end and i get out of my cart and this kid is probably a senior in hs. for real a real snotty my dad is rich kid. once i saw this i had to back off. ONce I leave i guess he calls the pro shop and tells the manager. keep in mind i have a monthly membership at my course. I know all the guys their in the pro shop, and when were done i apologize to the gm and he tells me not to worry about and says "i would have done the same thing" LOL I am really nice guy but once you push that panic button on me I engage. Honestly this kid was just trying to show off in front of his girlfriend.

I fully understand, but some of the girly men on here might not.

Have you done any floats lately? I spent most of my career on amphibs. The ship really lit up when you guys came on.

I did one tour in Iraq and i also did pumps with 11th and 13th meu. I spent at least 2 years at sea while i was in. I loved seeing the ocean at night. it gives you sense of where you stand in the world.

My Home Course http://www.golfcluboftexas.com
Driver- Taylor Made Burner
Hybrid- CPR 22 Deg.
Irons- Taylor Made Burners 4i- AW
Wedges- Cleveland 54, 56, 60 DegPutter- Cleveland Classic 2 Ball- Callaway IxBag- Ben Hogan Stand Bag

Note: This thread is 5027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!