IGNORED

Mizuno Irons, wow

Note: This thread is 5021 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ive tried the mx-300's they are ok for game improvement but arent really on the same level as the more player irons IMO.

The tungsten insert kept the ball flight down? And I hope you love the MP-32s, they're great irons. But I have to speak up for the MX-300/200. Call 'em game improvement or whatever you want, but as a 15 handicap they've got the ability to shoot a lot lower than you are capable of, heck, I'm a 7 and you can do more with the MX-200s/300s than I'm capable of.

I understand the attraction/benefits of player's irons/blades (I've got two sets), but honestly, it seems like you're just throwing around a bunch of buzzwords and things you read on the internet. At least that's what it sounds like.

The tungsten insert kept the ball flight down? And I hope you love the MP-32s, they're great irons. But I have to speak up for the MX-300/200. Call 'em game improvement or whatever you want, but as a 15 handicap they've got the ability to shoot a lot lower than you are capable of, heck, I'm a 7 and you can do more with the MX-200s/300s than I'm capable of.

Yea Ive only hit the mx300's at the range one time. i was only saying they didnt compare to the players irons to me because of how beefy they were compared to them. Im sure they are great irons, really it just comes down to the particular player and what he hits good and likes, I mean Im no expert in golf equipment, lol.

Also I dont know why some of my shots were so low, I really think its just my ball striking but I was saying the tungsten insert because the insert goes nearly up to the middle of the iron on the back and Im sure It was put there to get the ball up, I guess not really for everyones swing since I hit other irons higher without it

Yea Ive only hit the mx300's at the range one time. i was only saying they didnt compare to the players irons to me because of how beefy they were compared to them. Im sure they are great irons, really it just comes down to the particular player and what he hits good and likes, I mean Im no expert in golf equipment, lol.

I agree-every swing is different. Never know exactly how a particular shaft/head combo is going to work for you until you hit it.

I was able to demo the 58's,52's, and 62's at the beginning of the season, and IMO the 52's had a very solid yet soft feeling hit. I would love to pick up the 52's, but my Grads have been treating me very well lately.

Bag: GT
Driver: G10 9* stiff
3Wood: S9-1 stiff
Hybrid: BAFFLER stiff
Irons: GRAD MP 4-PW R300Wedge: FALDO NF-56Putter: Rossa Mezza MonzaBall: Pro V1Gps: SG2.5

I'll stick with my MP-11s and mix in rounds with the other blades here and there whenever I feel like it thanks.

As you wish. I was just saying that if you get the chance, you should try out the 200s or 300s.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

As you wish. I was just saying that if you get the chance, you should try out the 200s or 300s.

I know I should probably do it, but $$$ talks.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Just picked up mizuno's on ebay...long story on how i got there but assuming I like them as much as the ones i was fitted for...awesome. if i don't they will end up in the garage and i will be buying a new set!

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Yes they are well respected. And great clubs. Just don't understand Bridgestones PR department. They could have much more of the market share, but they hardly advertise their clubs, and don't pay many tour players. Guess thats what I meant. More people would love them like me, but they hardly consider them.

The tire market is an exponentially greater than the golf market here in the U.S. They are a tire manufacturer first and foremost.

ding ding ding. we have a winnnnnner.

sorry motteler621, no offence but i've seen your swing and I'd say that money would've been better spent on lessons than a new set of blades.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

ding ding ding. we have a winnnnnner.

no offence taken, I didnt spend any money on anything really because my irons were in such good condition. I traded my clubs in for some mizunos. Wanted some mizunos and an iron that was slightly lighter than the ap2's, which are heavy from the tungsten. ive had a wrist injury in the past. I mean come on Tiger played mizunos before companies threw millions of dollars in endorsements at him to play their clubs. You saw my swing one month after I starting to play from a 10 year layoff, lol. Geesh maybe I shouldnt of posted it haha. I hadnt played in 10 years and decided to post a video online for help since I was getting back into golf. Im a fast learner and have learned alot and practiced alot since april. Really it doesnt take that long to get everything going again if you practice alot. Wasnt it Ben Hogan that said you could shoot in the 70's in 3 months or something, lol well im not there yet but im working on it.

btw I did sign up for lessons and took one so far. He taught me the traditional swing and I truly tried it but it wasnt as beneficial to my game as keeping my weight forward so I stuck with my swing. Ive been reading the stack n tilt book and some others. also I wasnt trying to throw buzzwords out there. I was just telling my experience. I like a thinner iron and when I was hitting the mp 32s side by side with my ap2's I was hitting the mp's about 5 yards higher and longer.

I know I should probably do it, but $$$ talks.

I hear ya. Theres lots of, "demo days" events all over the country where you can try stuff out without any pressure to buy though.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

The MP32 are have been a great set and will be for a long time - and you can get them so cheap, why would you even bother buying MP68s.

But one thing of caution, if you had wrist problems in the past, coming from a faulty golf swing - blades will hurt you, i´ve been there. So get some professional advice to get this problem fixed and after that you and your MP32s will have a great relationship (about one shot every round or so ). And just in case, you should have some Cavitybacks in reserve.

And yes - Tiger is right, everybody has his individual golfswing. Tiger does, Phil does, AK does - Charles Barkely does, but that doesnt mean that his golf swing is fundamentally correct, compared to the other 3 guys mentioned - THATS the difference.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

The MP32 are have been a great set and will be for a long time - and you can get them so cheap, why would you even bother buying MP68s.

yea the cheapest Ive seen brand new sets of mp32's is 450.00, which is about the price of slightly used ap2 710's on ebay. I feel my swing is built upon a solid foundation now to be honest. I just have to play now and keep adjusting.

I feel my swing is built upon a solid foundation now to be honest. I just have to play now and keep adjusting.

I hear you man. Glad to see you found a set that you will grow with. I recently switched to Nike Split Cavity 3-PW with Dynamic Gold S-300 shafts in them and I will say that it is the best thing I did. I know what I need to do in my swing more because these irons make me focus and set a better tempo instead of trying to rush through the shot and when I rush its not good. I shot 5 strokes better so far.

Good luck with your Mizunos they are great irons.

- VR Pro LTD - 9.5 Ahina X

- VR_S 3, 5 woods - Fubuki X

- VR Pro Combo - 3-Pw S300's
nike.gif - VR VRev Wedges - 52, 58 

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

Note: This thread is 5021 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!