IGNORED

gps

Note: This thread is 5028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just love my Garmin G5! It measures my shots, keeps track of all my distances per club and all my stats. Even though I try to walk my rounds I am really kinda lazy and I like not having to hunt down sprinkler heads or guess yardages. Someone mentioned battery life, I get 2 to 3 rounds out of rechargable AA's.

David

Just adding in no matter what you choose most gps sites will tell you what courses they have. This might narrow your choices down some.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

I just bought the Golf Buddy. No fees and works great. I paid about $200 for it.

I paid the same $200 for my Golf Buddy Pro and have downloaded several additional courses already. I've been very pleased with the unit and feel pretty confident in the accuracy of the unit. I purchased a RAM holder and it works on both the push cart and golf cart. I've had the unit for 6 month now and no problems at all, other than forgetting to charge the unit. I get about 54 holes of golf out of a charge.

I have the IGolf (now Bushnell) Neo, and it is very small but with lots of good info, and tons of courses. For $30 per year, you get 100 course downloads per year, yours to keep if you cancel. Sooo..if 100 courses covers your golf area, you can be all set for $30.

Gary

Nakashima HTEC 460 9.5, 65g Fujikura Motore F1 (s)
Speedline 3W, 70-gram Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis
SQ 2 18 Deg. Hybrid, stock stiff graphite
R7 irons, 4-LW, stock stiff steel
White Steel 2-Ball SRT PutterSunMountain MPB bagIGolf Neo

Wish I had the $ to pick up a G3 or G5... trying to decide whether it's worth waiting until I can get one of the spiffy mapping units or just drop the smaller $ for the Neo or similar. Mostly I just want to measure shots, so I don't really care so much about the maps, but I played on a couple courses with nice mapping GPSes in the carts and it was really nice for an unfamiliar course.

If your still looking at the G5, i noticed that Amazon has lowered its price to 279. Kinda funny that i'm sure that somebody somewhere today is still gonna pay 400 at Golfsmith or GG.

David

That's weird. It's cheaper than a G3, or even a refurbished G5 on Amazon right now. Wonder why. Sadly, even at this price I can't pull the trigger....

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Note: This thread is 5028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!