IGNORED

Phil curses too....

gloomis29
Note: This thread is 5012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I saw a guy in the group behind me drop the C-bomb out loud on 18 after missing a putt in a tournament. In front of the scorers desk and sponsor's tents (with at least 15-20 women there).

Awkward.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you stop to think that many people in the world would consider this taking God's name in vain and that they take it seriously, it's easy to understand why people would get offended by such language. I'm not really offended by people using such language personally but as a parent with small children who 1. are like sponges and 2. like watching what their daddy is watching I have to be careful as I don't want to them to walk up to their teacher or grand parents and say either of those words or other "four letter words". I'm not looking for golfers to be role models but it does take some enjoyment out of watching golf when I have to worry about what my kids might hear.

Couldn not have said it better myself. Tiger prefers the F-Bomb since he doesn't believe in God but Buddah.

Home Course Fairfield Greens
In my Bag Boy Revolver bag...
Driver: Tour Burner 43" REAX 60 gram shaft 13 degree
Fairway: X Tour 3 metal 15 degree
Hybrid: 5H 26 degreeIrons: X-22 5 thru PWWedges: Jaws 60, 52Putter: Tour White Hot #2 Center Shaft 33 inchesBall: ProV1

What? The Charter of Rights in Canada as you have stated has nothing to do with an American broadcast in which people in America are offended by and criticize. For the sake of walking away from politics in being that this is a golf forum, the simple point I was trying to make was that if people are offended, which every individual has a right to be whether I agree or not (Im sure people write the networks to complain) by cursing from any golf players, then the simple solution is to mute the word which can be accomplished by live editors.

The problem is the old slippery slope analogy. If they start acquiescing to every stupid demand, next they'll be muting other words, and then banning certain things from being broadcast at all. Censorship starts at home. Bad words are just that, bad words. They do nothing, hurt no one, and have absolutely no power. They are sounds. Let me give you an example:

Cao ni ma Quing wen Chou pi yan ar Wo xiang qu chao shi Tian wo de ji ba Now, these phrases may be terrible cuss words, or may be phrases used to ask for directions. Don't the cuss words just offend you so much? No? Words are just sounds, and if you take away their meaning, they're useless. The whole idea behind taking offense of these words is their meaning. When a golfer cusses, he's merely letting out frustration, not implying any meaning to it. It would be better to censor things like, "I hate you" than mere words.
Couldn not have said it better myself. Tiger prefers the F-Bomb since he doesn't believe in God but Buddah.

No one "believes" in Buddha, Buddha means "enlightened one" is a title given to several people, but most notably a man named Siddhārtha Gautama.

I think GD is worse than the F-Bomb. Cussing happens all the time in sports, people watching should expect it.

Cleveland Hibore XLS Driver: Nike Ignite2 Irons: Adams SW and LW: Odyssey White Hot Mallet: Bridgestone e6 and TreoSoft Balls etc...

I saw a guy in the group behind me drop the C-bomb out loud on 18 after missing a putt in a tournament. In front of the scorers desk and sponsor's tents (with at least 15-20 women there).

C-Bomb. Now, that's art.

You c***s need to lighten the f*** up. Jesus!

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

When you stop to think that many people in the world would consider this taking God's name in vain and that they take it seriously, it's easy to understand why people would get offended by such language. I'm not really offended by people using such language personally but as a parent with small children who 1. are like sponges and 2. like watching what their daddy is watching I have to be careful as I don't want to them to walk up to their teacher or grand parents and say either of those words or other "four letter words". I'm not looking for golfers to be role models but it does take some enjoyment out of watching golf when I have to worry about what my kids might hear.

Well put Dave, that is what I was trying to convey. I never said "in my book" meant that's the law of the land, I was just saying "my book" and how I conduct myself/raise my kids.

:
Driver:  MachSpeed Black 10.5 Fukikura Motore Speeder shaft

1Hybrid: VR PRO 15* (replacing my 3wood with this) 

Hybrids:  Baffler 18*, DWS 20*, TWS 23*

5I-GW  Mx-19 

Wedges - 50.08/54.14/58.10 

Putter:iN Craz-e

Ball: Pro V1x or Callaway Tour i(z) 

No kidding. C-word trumps F-word which trumps G-word.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Under the kind of pressure that they go through, I think it's totally understandable.
I personally think it's the broadcasting companies' responsibility to censor those out.

Dan

In my Revolver bag:

| Driver | Burner 460 9.5°
| Wood | Burner Plus 3 wood
| Hybrid | 22° Rescue Dual| Irons | MX-300 / Grads| Wedge | Spin milled 54°, 60°| Putter | Studio Newport 2.5 35"| Balls | NXT, Pro V1x DDH SF Tour, Pinnacle logo overruns :)

I'm sure that not everyone will agree with me, which all of this is just my opinion. I'm not for sure if this has been posted, I just got out of class and am too lazy to read everything, but when you really think about it, why are curse words, actually curse words? They changes every generation and with where you live in the world. Look at ass for example, and why do people thing of a butt today, when it used to mean a donkey? Damn is was used in the Bible of all places, and ass was too, with the definition of a donkey in mind. There is no written rule on what words that are "bad" to say. Why are only certain words considered "curse" words? I had teachers in high school that didn't let their kids say shut up! I mean what in the hell is going on? If a player wants to curse then let them. I'm sure everybody has said something "bad" at some point in time and like a poster said on the first page, BFD.

In my bag.

Driver R7
Woods S9-1 F (3 & 5)
Irons MP-67 (3-pw)Wedges Tom Watson Classics (GW, LW)Putter: Classic 1Ball Pro V1 or Tour i(s) just cause I can get them at Walmart

I'm sure that not everyone will agree with me, which all of this is just my opinion. I'm not for sure if this has been posted, I just got out of class and am too lazy to read everything, but when you really think about it, why are curse words, actually curse words? They changes every generation and with where you live in the world. Look at ass for example, and why do people thing of a butt today, when it used to mean a donkey? Damn is was used in the Bible of all places, and ass was too, with the definition of a donkey in mind. There is no written rule on what words that are "bad" to say. Why are only certain words considered "curse" words? I had teachers in high school that didn't let their kids say shut up! I mean what in the hell is going on? If a player wants to curse then let them. I'm sure everybody has said something "bad" at some point in time and like a poster said on the first page, BFD.

This man needs a column in Golf Magazine.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

This man needs a column in Golf Magazine.

Hehe, but my post saying the same thing wasn't worthy? Nah, just kidding. But he's, of course, right. Recall I posted some Chinese words earlier to prove the same point.

Cao ni ma Quing wen Chou pi yan ar Wo xiang qu chao shi Tian wo de ji ba Now, if you don't know what they mean, they're not offensive. If you do, they are. Words are sounds, it's the meaning we give to them that we perceive badly.

Hehe, but my post saying the same thing wasn't worthy? Nah, just kidding. But he's, of course, right. Recall I posted some Chinese words earlier to prove the same point.

I find all foreign words to be racist because I'm a xenophobic d-bag. Go back to your opium den, jerk.

(yes, I just checked the spelling for xenophobic)

My thoughts. . .I curse, hearing it from these guys doesn't bother me at all.

The PGA and/or the network should have a 5 or 10 second delay, maybe something like the NBA uses now when they completely kill the volume.

If parents get upset when someone curses and their kids hear it, its not the golfer's fault, its more the fault of the network and parents. They're responsible. Professional golfers are just like any other athletes when it comes to cursing and/or anger, sometimes it just happens.

Phil loses his drive out to the left and drops a very loud and clear "G-D".... which in my book is just as bad as an f-bomb

Hahaha you can't be serious. I stopped reading at this point.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Cursing is overrated, i think in US we are to over reactive to cursing...

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes I am serious, and dropping a G-D, is a BFD to me. No need to respond like a tool just because you don't agree with someone's opinion.

:
Driver:  MachSpeed Black 10.5 Fukikura Motore Speeder shaft

1Hybrid: VR PRO 15* (replacing my 3wood with this) 

Hybrids:  Baffler 18*, DWS 20*, TWS 23*

5I-GW  Mx-19 

Wedges - 50.08/54.14/58.10 

Putter:iN Craz-e

Ball: Pro V1x or Callaway Tour i(z) 

Thank you! I'm with you on that. I don't like either of those words.

In my bag:
Driver X460 TOUR OPTIFIT 10.5* Graphite
FW 3W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 13* Graphite
FW 5W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 18* Graphite
Irons X-22 IRONS 5 - PW & SW GraphitePutter Odyssey Dual Force Rossie IIUnder my bag: 2007 EZGO ~ Customized

Note: This thread is 5012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!