IGNORED

Burnt Greens=UGLY score

BigTazz53
Note: This thread is 5001 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played my favorite course and the greens are toasty.
I mean burnt so bad that you are basically putting on a dry mud patch.
I figure they'd register a 13 or more on stimpmeter until you start rolling thru the cracks in the dry mud surface. It was a long day out their today.

Playing their again next Monday, any advise on putting on this?

Hit'em Long and Strong
Big Tazz

You'd think they would at least water the greens! Some of the courses up here have the same problem coming out of winter. But most water the greens so they are workable. I would just lag putt to miss on the side with the smoothest path back to the hole.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I guess I don't understand why the maintenance staff doesn't keep ahead of the situation. Our greens would do the same thing in July and August if they didn't work hard to prevent it. I personally wouldn't play a course in that condition. I'd rather play a course with bad fairways than one with bad greens. I'd simply find someplace else to play.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

It's just like putting on aerated greens: pick your line, and hit the putt you think will go in. Sometimes a perfect putt will hit a crack and go offline, and sometimes a terrible putt will get into a crack and funnel right to the hole. Just hit the putt you think will go in, and what happens happens.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

It's just like putting on aerated greens: pick your line, and hit the putt you think will go in. Sometimes a perfect putt will hit a crack and go offline, and sometimes a terrible putt will get into a crack and funnel right to the hole. Just hit the putt you think will go in, and what happens happens.

Thats the plan, just to hit as good as possible and hope for the best.

I guess I don't understand why the maintenance staff doesn't keep ahead of the situation. Our greens would do the same thing in July and August if they didn't work hard to prevent it. I personally wouldn't play a course in that condition. I'd rather play a course with bad fairways than one with bad greens. I'd simply find someplace else to play.

Been reading up on it and it seems the 3-4 weeks of sever heat we had did the same thing to every course that has bent grass greens. Those with the champion bemuda seemed to weather it ok.I've emailed the pro at the course to see if they'll change greens like others in the area are doing.

Hit'em Long and Strong
Big Tazz

Some places don't have the chemical budget others do. Alot of water + heat and humidity = disease. Without a nice preventative program budget alot of places suffer through the burn to not have to deal with disease as much.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Played my favorite course and the greens are toasty.

Thats the plan, just to hit as good as possible and hope for the best.

I feel your pain over here in Middle Tennessee. Most of the courses within a short drive of Nashville are burnt out and/or have crabgrass growing into the greens. I have driven one hour away from home on consecutive Sundays to play a course with champion bermuda greens that are in good shape. Of course, these greens are as fast as putting on my kitchen floor, and the greens are very undulated. If you don't hit the green from the right angle, the ball leaves the green. Missing a putt can be very disheartening because the ball will continue to roll past the hole and be about the same distance away from a different angle.

I know what you mean about ugly scores. Carded a 58 on the front, then found my rhythm and was able to bring it back to a 46 for the back.

2007 Burner 460 Driver
2007 Burner 3-wood
r7 Irons 3-PW
Vokey Spin-milled 50 degree wedge
r7XD sand wedge 55 degree Pure Feel III putter Tour i balls SG 2.5

Note: This thread is 5001 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!