IGNORED

My Swing (Brendon)

Brendon
Note: This thread is 4954 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I figured I would go ahead and film & post my swing on here, so some of you guys could possibly give me a few tips, tricks, etc. Keep in mind that I've only been golfing for a few months as well. Thanks!

"I shall call you 'Mini-Me" -Dr. Evil I assume the other swing post was your Dad or older brother. The swings are remarkably similar.

Wow, great swing for a beginner. You are more flexible than JAllen, but should focus on the same things. You'll be crushing the ball soon!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You've got some great instincts for the golf swing. Really like your arm/elbow positions. Wish I could keep my right elbow pointing at the belly button throughout the swing like you do.

First thing I notices is that you bring the club head inside very quickly and your shoulder plane is very flat. You want to turn your shoulders parallel to your swing plane, not the ground. Try turning your shoulders perpendicular to your spine on the backswing.

See tiger's new swing on this video (the swing on the right). He's been working on turning his shoulders more vertically (less flat) and keeping the club head outside longer instead of quickly bringing it inside.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

"I shall call you 'Mini-Me" -Dr. Evil I assume the other swing post was your Dad or older brother. The swings are remarkably similar.

Thank you! I will be sure to work on them.

Yes, Jallen100 on here is my dad. I got him to sign up!
You've got some great instincts for the golf swing. Really like your arm/elbow positions. Wish I could keep my right elbow pointing at the belly button throughout the swing like you do.

Thank you for the advise.

I will try to watch some instructional videos as well.

Brendon is my son. Thanks for the older brother comment :). He is definitly more flexible than I am. I need to work on my flexibility.

In My Bag:

Driver:
Hybrid:
Irons: Putter:

Brendon is my son. Thanks for the older brother comment :). He is definitly more flexible than I am. I need to work on my flexibility.

It's probably because I'm younger though.

I'm certainly no expert, but I've been doing a lot of work with the stack and tilt. You might want to consider straightening your back knee on the back swing to allow for better/easier hip rotation.

Columbus, OH, awesome man, i thought something felt nestolgic ;)

You seem to be on your heels at address.

How tall are you? that driver looks way to long for your height, you thinking of growing into it? Because i would just go get it reshafted shorter, than get it reshafted again when you get taller. I think this will help out.

I also think you can get the club past your body a bit more through impact. I am not sure, but it looks like your getting stuck with the driver. This might be because of the club being to long. I just think it looks like the lie is way to low and it seems to be far away from you.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I'm certainly no expert, but I've been doing a lot of work with the stack and tilt. You might want to consider straightening your back knee on the back swing to allow for better/easier hip rotation.

I will try that, thank you.

Columbus, OH, awesome man, i thought something felt nestolgic ;)

The first video is fine, but the second video is my dad's driver; that's why. I normally don't do the heel thing at the end.

do yourself a favor and get ben hogan's 5 lessons, practice every lesson 10-15 minutes a day for a week. After I passed lesson one I spent 10 minutes a day on the previous lesson(s), then did the current lesson for 10-15, then practiced all of the lessons (including the current week) for 15 minutes afterwards

In the Bag:
Driver: Nike Sasquatch Sumo2
Fairway wood: Nike Sasquatch Sumo2 4 wood
Hybrid: Nike Sasquatch Sumo2
Irons: some type of generic imitation, will look asapSand Wedge: Nike

do yourself a favor and get ben hogan's 5 lessons, practice every lesson 10-15 minutes a day for a week. After I passed lesson one I spent 10 minutes a day on the previous lesson(s), then did the current lesson for 10-15, then practiced all of the lessons (including the current week) for 15 minutes afterwards

So, I take it that it worked good?

Do yourself a favor, find a good pro to go, search around ask people. If he has video thats even more of a plus. Get some lessons under your belt. The best thing that can happen, period.

Also, ben hogans 5 lessons, not for every one. Its hard for even ben hogan to describe what should be done because he's describing what he feels not what you feel. The best is to actually see what your doing, video and get that feeling. You can take slow swings, try out the right swing path, stop at different key spots in the swing to get the feel your in the right place.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Do yourself a favor, find a good pro to go, search around ask people. If he has video thats even more of a plus. Get some lessons under your belt. The best thing that can happen, period.

Thank you for the tips. I was looking into lessons, actually.

Note: This thread is 4954 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!