IGNORED

Another 2 LPGA players got DQ´ed for cheating

kafka01
Note: This thread is 4991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I say give them a year off from the LPGA to think about their actions but don't exclude them from filming Big Break Pyongyang.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

I am trying to figure out how this would be handled in other sports. Hard to find circumstances that would have a parallel though.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

I am trying to figure out how this would be handled in other sports. Hard to find circumstances that would have a parallel though.

Betting might be an example (when the gambler is part of the game, and can affect the result on purpose). Pete Rose got banned from baseball and can't be a candidate for the Hall of Fame, even when he was one of the greatest, without a doubt. In Italy, some soccer teams were sent to a second division league for the same reason.

Clubs in my bag: TaylorMade R7 SuperDeep TP 9.5° Fujikura Speeder 757 S | Titleist 906F2 13° AccuFLEX ICON FH X| Adams Idea Pro Black 18° Aldila NV Pro 105-S| Mizuno MP-57 3-7; MP-32 8-P PX6.0 | Mizuno MP T-10 54.09, 60.05
My bags and cart: Titleist Carry Bag | Mizuno Omega V + Clicgear 2.0

Knowlingly cheating should be rewarded with suspension. LPGA doesn't have the balls to suspend Korean players because of the "Racist" label which will be used. If it were two US players, you know damn well a suspension would be applied.

I actually think its not racism that will most likely influence the outcome, but money.

While reading on this topic, i found out that the LPGA´s single biggest money stream and a big proportion of its revenue is from a TV contract with J Golf, which is a Southkorean TV company. The money that J Golf is paying the LPGA is peanuts, compared to the PGA Tour, so they have to be operating on a very slim budget already. Now if you would stir up a lot of trouble and blame those two korean players of cheating - that might rub on some peoples ego´s, and since the LPGA is in no position to negotiate or make decision that are to the disliking of the people who basically have them "by the balls", the so called investigation the LPGA started into this matter most likely will water down the events that actually took place. So those two played the wrong ball, sadly found out 2 hours afterwards and of course immediately turned themselves in. And of course this never would have happend if the caddies would have done a better job. Something along those lines will mostly come out of this "investigation" - and everybody can save his face........ BTW. i was intrested in finding a couple of examples of ladies calling penalties on themselves - i really had a hard time finding examples. Anybody can give me some? I can´t even remeber seeing any on television ever.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Kafak01 is obviously not married. Women dont need to call penalties on themselves cuz they're never wrong.

"My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my golf clubs for what I told her I paid for them."
What's in my SQ Tour Carry bag?:
Driver: R7 Quad 9.5*
3, 5 Wood: G5 clones
Irons: : AP1 (4-PW) Wedges: 52*, 56*, 62* Spin Milled Putter: White Hot 2 Ball BladeBalls: Shoes: My...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Betting might be an example (when the gambler is part of the game, and can affect the result on purpose). Pete Rose got banned from baseball and can't be a candidate for the Hall of Fame, even when he was one of the greatest, without a doubt. In Italy, some soccer teams were sent to a second division league for the same reason.

Kinda close.

How about in baseball. I remember a certain prominent knuckleballer who got caught scuffing the ball. Then a team official in the dugout went and hid a bucket of used balls from that game, before they could be examined. (in that case the pitcher was suspended I don't recall if there was a penalty to the team too) In fact in all cases of pitchers pulling something like that they are suspended. Corked bats=suspension. New England Patriots secretly filming teams, which was a blatant rule violation. They paid a very large fine. Performance enhancing drugs in pretty much all sports. Disqualification and suspension. So yeah if it is proven they knew of the violation and then signed the card they should be suspended for some period. If only the caddies knew (say the player handed them the ball without looking close at it and the caddie figured it out but kept his mouth shut) and finally came clean later. Then I guess the caddie should be suspended.

FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

Almost spit beer all over the monitor screen after that one.

Yeah me too!! LOLOL

Kafak01 is obviously not married. Women dont need to call penalties on themselves cuz they're never wrong.

LOL - you guessed right ;)

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW

I wish I said this. I am going to get a beer so I can spit all over the monitor too.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

If a man is in the woods by himself and makes a statement and there is no woman there to correct him is he still wrong?

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

http://www.waggleroom.com/2010/9/3/1...ddie-speaks-on

Just a little excerpt:
Hegna (her caddy) said Ahn didn't acknowledge what Hegna said, though he had the expectation that she would and act on it. In fact, she said nothing at all on the green. The players finish out and go to the scoring tent. All three sign their cards neither Ahn nor Chung taking the penalty. As they were heading back toward the clubhouse, Hegna says Ahn told him, "Be here at 6:40 tomorrow and don't say anything to anyone."

If this doesnt smell after cheating - i dont know what else someone would have to do more...

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW

If a man is in the woods by himself and makes a statement and there is no woman there to correct him is he still wrong?

People at work are looking at me funny now and whispering, "does he have tourettes?"

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

We live in the internet era and sponsors want to protect their image, a massive letter/email campaign to them rather than the tour would have an effect. It isn't like the LPGA has a lot of clout. If sponsors feel they are tied to a tour which sweeps cheating under the rug the tour is going to have a problem. I just started playing again after a 10 year layoff. The group I now play with all fluffed it up in the rough before one of them commented one night that I didn't. I told him "no I don't, that's not how the game is played" Not that I'm some holier then though type, but if I shoot a good score I don't want it to be a " I shot 71 today, but I fluffed it on 7, or I didn't count that penalty for putting it in the water, etc. now they all play it in the rough as they find it, the way the game is played. They have to punish these ladies so hard that current and future players won't even consider cheating, that's th ewhole deal, not this event but how they will proceed in the future. Just my anal opinion.

It seems like integretiy and honesty just doesnt count anything anymore. And people actually get annoyed or offended when the rules they agreed to, are being enforced. The comments i read over the last couple weeks by people defending or sympathizing with people who break rules, makes me sick. I dont know why that is, but unfortunately the lying and cheating ways by some many you find in every aspect of our society seem to creep in more and more into a game that was once based on honesty and integrity. And then you have the media that supports this trend. Just think about the GolfChannel. Running a poll during a broadcast if a USGA rule is fair or not? Giving a known golf cheater like Donald Trump an own TV show? Whats next - Tiger Woods giving marriage counseling?

And when i was asking for examples of women that called penalties on themself - i really wasnt kidding, i only found ONE single example somewhere hidden away in a blog, Pat Bradley, but come on, thats hard to belive. So i guess there is a lot of sweeping under the rug going on, otherwise thats not explainable. There was a thread here called "The LPGA is a joke", i guess it has been proven once again, since it seems that the LPGA will not penalize the action of these two players anymore than what they received by the tournament officals. Very sad....

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW

Note: This thread is 4991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!