IGNORED

Is this out of line? I dont want my job calling me while I'm off

Joeyvee
Note: This thread is 4969 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

"I will be on vacation during the next week with limited or no access to a phone or email."

Bingo! It sets the expectation that you are probably not going to get back to them soon. They will either leave a message for you to deal with when you get back or find someone else to handle their problem.

I personally hate my phone and email because people these days expect it to be an instantaneous connection to me. I'm not a slave to my phone or email and never will be unless someone pays me big bucks to do it. Unfortunately the job I am in now requires me to be available 24/7. For the emergencies, this is legitimate and understandable. Unfortunately people with less important issues want them handled immediately too. That's when I use my two friends; Caller-ID and Voicemail. If it's work or a number I don't know I let it go to voicemail and then check the message. If it is important I'll call back. If not, I save it and wait until I'm working again. 95% of the time the call is unimportant and I can go about my day having fun without worrying if I'm missing something. Oh, and on the golf course, my phone is off.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
Bingo! It sets the expectation that you are probably not going to get back to them soon. They will either leave a message for you to deal with when you get back or find someone else to handle their problem.

I don't take many phone calls on the course but I respond to email all thorugh a round. it is quick, painless doesn't trouble your playing partners if you do it well....and allows me to play an extra 20 or so rounds a year. Bottom line in todays business climate you had better be easy to reach or you will be out of business.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

you have to produce big results before you get paid big bucks...just a thought.

3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

you have to produce big results before you get paid big bucks...just a thought.

But big results don't have to come from a cell phone or email. It really depends on what line of business you are in or want to be in. I'm not in sales and I don't have clients. If I made that choice then I would have a different view towards my cell phone and email.

I do have people that I work with that honestly need my immediate help and therefore I remain available. It's the 80% out there that have small issues that do not need to be rectified immediately that feel that a cell phone should be an instant 24/7 connection. So many people dabble in small stuff and if you let them pull you into their world you never have time to work on the things that produce big results. Besides, if I spend all of my time on the phone or on email I wouldn't have any time for The Sandtrap! SRJ
In my bag:

Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

But big results don't have to come from a cell phone or email. It really depends on what line of business you are in or want to be in. I'm not in sales and I don't have clients. If I made that choice then I would have a different view towards my cell phone and email.

There ya have it...a fair concern!! I am good with that response.

Honestly, maybe because i am starting to get old but i see a lot of kids (25 to 35) who think they deserve to make big money for potential. when i say big money i mean bonus of 125k or more for a package of 200k and up. I have been there and I know what kind of results it takes to make that kind of money...and the lifestyle that goes with it. It annoys me when i see a young professional on the golf course saying he refuses take a call...all it says to me is he could be making more money but doesn't understand the big picture yet!!

3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

It annoys me when i see a young professional on the golf course saying he refuses take a call...all it says to me is he could be making more money but doesn't understand the big picture yet!!

I definitely agree if that's the line of work one chooses. My brother-in-law is in that boat and checks his phone on the course a lot. My line of work is different. Unfortunately no big bonuses in the military for working extra

Oh, and I'm 37, but I definitely didn't feel like a kid when I was 35!
In my bag:

I update my cell phone greeting almost daily. It only takes a couple minutes and people dont feel like I am blowing them off. I deal with alot different builders, and they want everything done....... right now....... this instant. I never check my phone on the course, and I dont like others yacking on the phone when I am playing with them.

Ummm......yeah.....Um, Joeyvee, were gonna have to work this weekend because we are short staff so I need you here Sunday, at 8:00, our normal starting time oh and Monday as well......thaaaaanks....

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 4969 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!