IGNORED

Your Longest Drive ever

majorchamp
Note: This thread is 4975 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 5'8" and 193, and average 282-292 with solid shots. I do hit a few 250 to 260 occasionally. My best measured drive was 340, before I changed my swing. I am happy with it being in the fairway now any where from 250-292. My average overall would probably be with less than stellar drives, right at 270. I very rarely play with anyone that out drives me.....but I have only golfed with 58 years and older guys and one small for his age 13 year old.

so what's the deal with your handicap? if you're consistently hitting fairways at around 270, how do you not hit more greens and make more birdies and pars?

I can't hit a fairway to save my life. I'd kill to have your accuracy. I hit it just as far but it's all over the place. I'm jealous.

We talking hitting fairways here? I hit probably 5 of the longest drives of the year in my round ysterday, all of which were blocked out to the right.

I am, I've never bothered measuring or bragging about a drive that was hit way offline-and there have been plenty.

so what's the deal with your handicap? if you're consistently hitting fairways at around 270, how do you not hit more greens and make more birdies and pars?

I just started hitting fairways with my drives lately which all the work on my drive has made my short game suffer. I figured out "my secret" to hitting drives that land in the fairway. Like I said I am inconsistent. One part of my game is good and the other goes to pot. Earlier in the year I would hit just as far drives, they would just end up in the tree line so I would be adding a stroke chipping it back out on the fairway. Everybody gets mad when I say this, but I do have a pretty nice swing and hit it far, I just have a lot of duffs that accompany it. Mostly from lifting my head but that isn't the only mistakes I make. I hit every fairway with my driver last time out and lifted my head up on quite a few second shots. I get better but playing once a week or once every 2 weeks doesn't cut the mustard.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am, I've never bothered measuring or bragging about a drive that was hit way offline-and there have been plenty.

Yeah, if it doesn't hit the fairway (or 1st cut of rough - it's honestly hard to tell on some courses) it sort of doesn't count.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

my longest drive in the fairway was 2 weeks ago.. 405 yards. first 400+ ive ever hit. hit a 5 yard draw with a bit of a tailwind.. 540 yard par 5. had 135 into the hole.. i hit a lot of drives over 300 but not all are in fairway. im sure this post will bring out a ton of haters who think im full of it... bring it on. this is 100% truthful as i have nothing to gain by posting BS. i was playing with three other guys who all attest to it.

Putter first 
:titleist: newport 2 oil can
:titleist: 58* SM4
:titleist: 54* SM4
:titleist: 50* SM4
:titleist: 4-pw AP2 project X 6.0
:ping: i20 9.5 TFC Stiff

Note: This thread is 4975 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!