IGNORED

The 1 Iron!

8.5_Drive
Note: This thread is 4130 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

fault of mine???? really??????ppppffftttt

If that's meant to be a joke, it isn't funny.

What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing about this guy is funny, he's just lame. Doesn't know what a muscleback is, blames the type of club for his shots going left and right, classifies himself as a great ballstriker with a 36 handicap, tells us that a great ballstriker needs a swing speed of 110, etc.

What bizarre logic! MIckelson uses a hybrid. Clark and dozens of others do too.

i think you quoted the wrong person btw... I was quotting Shooter who said that.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

hello!. finally a decent golfer. look at handicap, 0.8.

Look at mine. 1.5- now I'll give my opinions.

oh, it does too! but someone may have to help me upload it ok? it will be my pleasure.

That's not that hard. A lot of times you can text them to your email. Or if you have a fancier phone you probably have a cable that connects it to your computer.

how much do you wanna put on it????? a 225 meter 2 iron, are your serious?

On a sweet-spot hit, it's just about at easy to shape any club out there. What matters most is blade length, not if it's a hybrid or blade.

Also, a blade is a muscle back. They're the same thing.
sorry 8.5 drive for hyjacking this thread. There are obviously a few here with limited ball striking ability and faith...

So he of the 36 handicap he demeaning the ballstriking abilities of everyone who can't hit a 1 iron? Do you realize how few people in the world hit a 1 iron, or even a 2 iron?

what, so i am annoyed that mizuno no longer make a 2 iron, so what??

Please please please learn how to quote. It makes it a lot easier to believe you.

what that means is if some hacker with a set of callaway big bertha irons (muscleback - scharzenegger style), he will get momentum thru the ball and thats about it.

You don't get momentum through the ball with your 1 iron? Or you just don't know what momentum means?

They are designed to hit the ball straight, even if its off the toe or heel. So when you try and get some intensional curve on the ball, its going to be less than a blade, as blades can accommodate curve.

When you hit a fade or a draw, you don't do it by hitting it off the toe or heel.

You say by your own admission that you arent a great ballstriker, (good striker to me thats clubhead speed of 110 +), hence you don't play or like the 1 iron.

Clubhead speed means literally nothing when it comes to ballstriking.

fault of mine???? really??????ppppffftttt

Yes.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't . Feed. The. Troll.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Shooter, you just got told. Thanks Jamo :D

What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Trolls Trollin Trolls.

1 iron ftw. If you cant hit it, your'e probably in the wrong sport. Go play tennis or something
Superlight 3.5 Bag
TM Superfast Driver
TM Superfast 3 Wood

Cleveland Hybore Hybrid
X-24 4-SW Irons
Ping Tour 54 - 62 WedgesOriginal Anser Putter Pro V1

it means i am bored with you. mr 15 handicap.

always give way to the Greenskeeper!!

in my bag:
whatever clubs i find left behind on the course... But the Ping Anser will never be beaten!!

BALL: only get off tractor for PRO v1's..... Now, which way to Q School???

clubhead speed has nothing to do with being a good ballstriker??? wtf?

yes i hit draw and fade out of the middle buddy. your just jealous that you all can't hit a 2 iron 250 yards with consistancy ps my handicap is not 36...

in my bag:
whatever clubs i find left behind on the course... But the Ping Anser will never be beaten!!

clubhead speed has nothing to do with being a good ballstriker??? wtf?

clubhead speed is how fast it goes, ballstriking how you actually strike the ball.

No point having a 150mph SS if you can't hit the ball.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

clubhead speed is how fast it goes, ballstriking how you actually strike the ball.

true, but to be a GREAT ball striker, you need both.

in my bag:

Troll. Massive Troll, seriously, this guy lives under a bridge and won't let anyone cross it. He guards it with his 1 iron.

ppffttt. come see me play in sydney this november buddy...

James_Black, i have just noticed you play with a regular shaft in your driver, so you may not know what i am talking about, when i mean GREAT ballstriker.

in my bag:

[QUOTE=jamo;533616]Look at mine. 1.5- now I'll give my opinions.

ahh yes. the old 1.5 - 2.0 handicap days. your next 4 shots will come from a) 2 shots from improved putting, b)2 shots from trying to get it from 150 yards to within 10 feet.

in my bag:

hybrids are better than a 2 or 1 iron out of fairway bunkers.
no argument there,....

hybrid has its place, just not in my bag.

in my bag:

Then **** off and troll another forum...

i see you use the titleist NXT....

i bet you get heaps of backspin with that..haha i don't get off my mower for those balls...

in my bag:

Note: This thread is 4130 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!