IGNORED

DG300S, Project X 6.0 or Project X 6.0 Flighted ?

Gerald
Note: This thread is 4953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

DG S300's are a "higher" ball flight then the Project X's... The project X shafts are "tour flighted" shafts which is why they have the Project X Flighted Shafts that will keep the ball from balloning with the shorter irons and get the ball higher with the longer irons...

quick question - everyone is talking about project x 6.0 but what about the 5.5 stiffs?? I was told by a callaway rep that those would play SLIGHTY LESS stiff then my true temp s300's. which is what I think I want. I currently have the s300s in my titliest irons and I hit my 7 iron about 160-165 depending. I have a high ball flight and it annoys me. does this sounds right?? 5.5 flighted stiff playing slightly less stiff then the true temps s300's I currently have??

In my bag:
Titleist 910D2 w/Diamana Kaali'Stiff
Titleist 910F w/ Diamana Kaali' Stiff
Titleist 910F Hybrid 19 degree w/ Diamana Kaali' Stiff

Titleist AP1 Irons - TT S300
Titleist Vokey SM 50, 54 & 58 - Titleist Scott Cameron Newport

I have built alot of clubs with the DG series and Project X's. (including flighted) I am fan of the DG, but I really think that the feel of the Project X's is superior. The Flighted series is pretty awsome with the trajectory control designing. There is a big war going on in quite a few forums about DG vs. PX amongst the loyalists. I think they are both great shafts.

quick question - everyone is talking about project x 6.0 but what about the 5.5 stiffs?? I was told by a callaway rep that those would play SLIGHTY LESS stiff then my true temp s300's. which is what I think I want. I currently have the s300s in my titliest irons and I hit my 7 iron about 160-165 depending. I have a high ball flight and it annoys me. does this sounds right?? 5.5 flighted stiff playing slightly less stiff then the true temps s300's I currently have??

Sounds about right..... but they are plenty stiff for most amateurs. The 5.5 has really nice feel also.

but they are plenty stiff for most amateurs.

you mean too stiff or about right for amatuers??

In my bag:
Titleist 910D2 w/Diamana Kaali'Stiff
Titleist 910F w/ Diamana Kaali' Stiff
Titleist 910F Hybrid 19 degree w/ Diamana Kaali' Stiff

Titleist AP1 Irons - TT S300
Titleist Vokey SM 50, 54 & 58 - Titleist Scott Cameron Newport

Really? I have heard that the 5.5s are slightly MORE stiff than the s300 shafts... I have also heard that any of the project x (especially the flighted) shafts will increase your trajectory as well... So unless you're looking for a higher ball flight, why not just soft step some s300 shafts?

WITB;

R9 9.5* TP Driver
906f2 15* 3 Wood
585h 21* Hybrid j33 Irons RAC tp 52*/56* Wedges Newport 1.5 e6 Ball

My fitter said that the Project X 5.5 is a bit in between R300 and S300, but closer to the S300 than to the R300 ...... I wanted a bit more life in my long irons, so he is putting in Project X 5.5 shafts into my 3, 4 and 5 irons. I will hit them on saturday as we than have a training for our competition team. He expects that the PX 5.5 will add about 5-7 yds. compared to the S300 (about half a club) ..... mostly because the shaft is about 10 grams lighter.

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

So I went to my fitter and as I became a bit stiffer in my back over the last 10 yrs. orso he told me it would be best to do a refitting..... so I ended up with PX 5.5 in my 3, 4 and 5 irons and 0.5" longer than the 1.0" I already had in my irons. I was a bit sceptical about 1.5" longer than standard, but hitting them yesterday afternoon I must say it felt great.

Of course my distance improved about 10 yds per iron, which might be about 5 yds for the extra 0.5" shafts and maybe the other 5 yds. from changing from the S300 to the only a very tiny bit more flexible PX 5.5

I am going to stick around with the PX 5.5 for a while and maybe change the other shafts within a few weeks..... at the moment the 1" gap between the S300 6i and the PX 5.5 5i is a bit weird.....

Any way the PX 5.5 feels to have a closer dispersion than the S300 had, it feels more precise, but it also feels more "dead" when you thin or blade a ball.

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

really the only difference between the project x6.0 and the dgs300 is the ballflight. dg's are made to launch lower to produce a more penetrating ballflight while the px's are made to launch higher initially then almost flatten out. both are good shafts, i personally prefer the dg's.

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

really the only difference between the project x6.0 and the dgs300 is the ballflight. dg's are made to launch lower to produce a more penetrating ballflight while the px's are made to launch higher initially then almost flatten out. both are good shafts, i personally prefer the dg's.

I get the complete opposite. DG's are much more high launch for me

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

I think you may have missed the mark with this one...

Note: This thread is 4953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!