IGNORED

Best Fast Food

wrx_junki
Note: This thread is 4907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Falafel King. Get the Falafel wrap its vegetarian and healthy but soooo freaking good.(always ask for hotsauce!)
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What-A-Burger!

I heard so many things about What-A-Burger before I ever had one. I pulled into Corpus Christi, TX, after a long drive and was starving. Grabbed a What-A-Burger and it was the worst burger I had ever had. Considering I was starving that's saying a lot!

I did eventually try another What-A-Burger and it was much better. I've had a few more since then. They aren't my favorite, but I wouldn't turn one down.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Are we talking healthy or good.

Best healthy thing is the southwest chicken salad from McDonalds or Subway chicken breast with southwest sauce, tomato, lettuce. Also the burrito bowl from Chipolte is healthy with half rice, chicken, no cheese.

Best bad thing: God there is so many. Stake and Shake is very good, Skyline Chili around here, and I like the Big Mac. That is a heart attack in the making though. I really don't eat like that often. Sweet memories.

Brian

Best burger - In-N-Out. We don't have White Castle out west, but I always make it a point to hit it when we visit the in-laws in Michigan. The frozen ones from the grocery store don't do it justice.

Best breakfast sandwich - Carl's Jr. (burger patty, egg, hash browns, bacon....heart attack on a platter, but good!)

Best Mexican - Used to be Alberto's, but now a million "To's" clones have popped up (Roberto's, Humberto's, etc.) that are equally good. Honorable mention to Chipotle, and it's a little healthier too. Del Taco passes for "imitation" Mexican food (love the macho beef burrito, and their fries are pretty good also.

Best Chinese - Panda Express. Love the orange chicken!

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

I had a McRib today. I'm having gas later.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I want to get one simply because they are so famous. do they taste like crap?

It tastes like crappy pork with sweet and slightly tangy BBQ sauce, onions, and pickles. Lots of fat in the pork though. It's basically what you would expect from McDonalds. It is pretty big though, which it should be because where I went it was almost $3 for just the sandwich (which is a lot for a McDonalds sandwich).

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

It tastes like crappy pork with sweet and slightly tangy BBQ sauce, onions, and pickles. Lots of fat in the pork though. It's basically what you would expect from McDonalds. It is pretty big though, which it should be because where I went it was almost $3 for just the sandwich (which is a lot for a McDonalds sandwich).

hmm cant deal with the fatty stuff in pork. Mcdonalds is usually pretty good with trying to keep their sandwich meat kinda lean, like the chicken etc because of the fatty food scruitiny they got in the 1990s etc

• 2 weeks later...
Falafel King. Get the Falafel wrap its vegetarian and healthy but soooo freaking good.(always ask for hotsauce!)

YES! Falafel with hot sauce rocks so hard.

OT in the fast-food thread, but it's really easy to make falafel from scratch, starting with whatever mix of beans and spices you like. Definitely worth looking up a recipe and giving it a shot (assuming you're able enough in the kitchen to handle a little deep frying safely, but you only need a couple inches of oil, so it's not that big a hassle).

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Anyone that has been around Champaign, IL knows about La Bamba's! You get get a burrito as big as your head, and it will fix any hangover you might have lol.

Bag:sunmountain.gif MPB
Driver: cleveland.gif XLS 10.5 *
Fairway wood:nike.gif SQ DYMO2 3 wood
Irons: ping.gif G10's 4-pw
Wedge: vokey.gif Spin milled 54* and 60*Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot XG

Anyone that has been around Champaign, IL knows about La Bamba's! You get get a burrito as big as your head, and it will fix any hangover you might have lol.

lol, we have one in peoria,il as well. It gets the name of "drunk food" because its near campus and they are open late plus alot of people dont like it when they are sober, lol. I personally think its ok, i mean to me it tastes better than taco bell

Carls Jnr
or
5 Guys Burgers 'n' Fries
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

I cannot believe the positive feedback for Five Guys, they opened one this summer in West Vancouver and I have to say their burgers suck. For $10, I would expect to see a guy (or five), forming patties with his palms. I can get a Five Guys frozen patty at Costco. The best burger I've ever had in my life was in a bar in Everette, WA called Baxter's, we showed up there by chance looking for a UFC bar while shopping south of the border; burger and fries for something like $6, I would have paid $20.

I looked at the In-N-Out website and it looks like they recently opened one in Edmonton, AB (my old home-town), I'll be there in 2 weeks, I look forward to tying it out...

Quiznos is pretty damn good...

In the Bag

Cobra Amp Cell Pro Black Tie 7M3 Stiff  |  LS Hybrid Kurokage Stiff  |
 Nickent 4DX KBS Hybrid Stiff 3,4  | Cobra S3 Pro 5-PW Project X 5.5  |
 Scratch 53*, 59*  |  Odyssey Backstryke  |  Srixon Z Star

Oh but when I'm home in England I eat the best burgers in the world - Wimpy!!!
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

I like five guys, but I might be biased, because I had them first when I lived in DC.

Chipotle or the dirty taco trucks here in the city, along with the halal trucks too. I love those food vendors at the end of every block. I don't care if its bad for you or if they're dirty, its still good to eat.

...Chipotle or the dirty taco trucks here in the city, along with the halal trucks too. I love those food vendors at the end of every block. I don't care if its bad for you or if they're dirty, its still good to eat.

I worked in Los Angeles for a year and a half and those taco trucks were everywhere - some of the best tacos I've ever had. But as those in L.A. will probably attest to,

nothing beats King Taco for Mexican food! That's easily what I miss the most about L.A.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Note: This thread is 4907 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!