IGNORED

Beat This

Lbob
Note: This thread is 6389 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Last Thursday everybody in our department got the word that the next day the water for our building would be shut off for water main maintenance. Because that constitutes a health hazard, the boss said that everyone had a day off. Well the weather report for Friday was clear and in the 60's so guess what I did! I figure this was nature's way of telling me to hit the links!

Robert Reid

In the bag:

Driver Cobra M/F Speed3 Cleveland LauncherCleveland Halo 2i Nike CPR 23 degree5-PW Mizuno MX 23 (graphite shafts)56 degree SW Mizuno MT

Nice. I think its about time we had some water problems too. Enjoy the day!

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

niiiiiiiiiiice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! unfortunately for me, it wouldn't matter. my home course closed down today for the season. waaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!

in the bag:
driver-titleist D2 10.5* w/aldila nv shaft
3-adams speedline fast 10 w/aldila shaft
hybrid-titleist 585 17* w/aldila shaft
irons-titleist 735cm w/ttdg s-300 shafts

wedges-cleveland 588, 53* and 60* w/ttdg shafts

putter-scotty circa 62 #1, gun metal finish

ball-pro v1

shoe-dryjoys

myblood:

What's your home course? Are they really closing down in VT? We're probably another month or so away from that down here (all weather dependent, of course).

I work for a VT company, am a UVM grad and my wife is from the Northeast Kingdom so I play in VT every now and again. I've played Newport CC, Orleans CC, Barton CC, Barre CC, Blush Hill GC, Stowe GC, CCVT and Norwich GC and have enjoyed them all. Sad to see the VT courses closing.

In my bag:

Driver: Wishon 915CFE, 420cc, SK Fiber Lite Revolution I
Irons: Tommy Armour 845 FS - PW - 3
Hybrid: Adams Idea 21 deg.Wedges: Cleveland 900 52 deg., 56 deg. TA588 60 deg.Putter: Generic mallet style

i have school... an then basketball practice... why cant the water pump break there... an as for basketball i love it but i love golf a zillion times more so y cant the backboards break or somthin... congrats to u though

My Bag

Driver- Titleist 907 D2 (10.5°), Mitsubishi Diamana BlueBoard
4 Wood- Nickent 3DX Pro (14°), Accuflex Icon
Hybrid- Nickent 3DX (17°), True Temper S300Irons (3 to W)- PING I3 Blades, True Temper S30056°- Cleveland 588 Gunmetal, True Temper S30060°- Cleveland 900 Gunmetal, True...

Perhaps I should follow up on my round. It was one of those "missed it by that much" rounds. For example, I hit a nice tee shot on a par three, but pushed it a smidge, maybe a smidge and half . Went right toward a bump on the side of the green. It could either kick left and end up real close or kick right and leave me short sided in a real steep grass bunker. Well I got a bogie so you can figure out what happened. But hey, I could have been at work

Robert Reid

In the bag:

Driver Cobra M/F Speed3 Cleveland LauncherCleveland Halo 2i Nike CPR 23 degree5-PW Mizuno MX 23 (graphite shafts)56 degree SW Mizuno MT

I can beat it !!!! Thursday morn 10:00am single on the BLACK.Just like hitting Lotto.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Perhaps I should follow up on my round. It was one of those "missed it by that much" rounds. For example, I hit a nice tee shot on a par three, but pushed it a smidge, maybe a smidge and half

I have yet to have such a bad round at golf that it would have been better to have been at work, and I have had TONS of bad rounds.

greensdruid-my home course is St. Johnsbury, in the heart of the kingdom, depending on who you ask. great course, very hilly. you should check it out if you haven't already. they shut her down after the 31st, no matter what. you can still go out there and beat it around, but you have to play to all temp greens, that sucks. used to be a member at orleans, for many years, but orleans is out of the way now. love the course, though. have played newport many times, have always enjoyed that track, too. don't get out that much otherwise. played barton when i was even more of a hacker than i am now. they have done alot with the place. so, the tracks in southern nh are still open? i'll have to think about a trip south. what's a good track down your way?

in the bag:
driver-titleist D2 10.5* w/aldila nv shaft
3-adams speedline fast 10 w/aldila shaft
hybrid-titleist 585 17* w/aldila shaft
irons-titleist 735cm w/ttdg s-300 shafts

wedges-cleveland 588, 53* and 60* w/ttdg shafts

putter-scotty circa 62 #1, gun metal finish

ball-pro v1

shoe-dryjoys

myblood: I've heard great things about St. J CC. Will have to try it sometime. Funny that you mention Barton - it's clearly the poor cousin when it comes to NE Kingdom courses, but I liked it because its really a throwback to what golf might have been many years ago when some local decided they'd lay out a golf course. You end up with a quirky collection of holes, some boring, some completely off the wall, lots of bad bounces, shaggy greens etc. etc. I'll take Orleans any day but for hacking around, you can't beat Barton's $18 for 18 holes.

As far as courses down here go, I'm guessing many of the mountain courses are closed but would recommend Sky Meadow in Nashua or the Overlook in Hollis. The Shattuck CC in Jaffrey is a nasty little course - extremely difficult but if you like target golf au naturel, it's an interesting course. Leave the driver at home and bring lots of balls.

In a couple of weeks, you'll probably need to go even further south to get good conditions. The Cape is always a good bet in late season.

In my bag:

Driver: Wishon 915CFE, 420cc, SK Fiber Lite Revolution I
Irons: Tommy Armour 845 FS - PW - 3
Hybrid: Adams Idea 21 deg.Wedges: Cleveland 900 52 deg., 56 deg. TA588 60 deg.Putter: Generic mallet style

Note: This thread is 6389 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!