IGNORED

My Swing (cbrian)

cbrian
Note: This thread is 3701 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

WOW. some seriously good changes there!

Gonna have to agree with the guys (what a surprise... not)

DEFINITELY need to maintaing the stable axis 1-4. Head going down, causing you to stand up and straighten legs too fast in downswing, also to shallow the shaft out.

1. feel NO TURNING, just STAND UP P1-4.

2. left arm needs to be only 15* in at P5. (Its too deep, inhibiting the ability to shallow the shaft, so you 'standup' faster, as a better player to compenstate.)

This will straighten the LOC into the ball and reduce the roll.

Some pics to come for you.

• Upvote 1

James Hirshfield

Tour Professional Golf Coach

@hirshfield <-- Follow me on Twitter!

james@thegolfevolution.com

UK 07939-902455

USA (814) 464-3446

Originally Posted by james_hirshfield

WOW. some seriously good changes there!

Gonna have to agree with the guys (what a surprise... not)

DEFINITELY need to maintaing the stable axis 1-4. Head going down, causing you to stand up and straighten legs too fast in downswing, also to shallow the shaft out.

1. feel NO TURNING, just STAND UP P1-4.

2. left arm needs to be only 15* in at P5. (Its too deep, inhibiting the ability to shallow the shaft, so you 'standup' faster, as a better player to compenstate.)

This will straighten the LOC into the ball and reduce the roll.

Some pics to come for you.

Thanks James.

I've done #1 like a thousand times and got to where I actually started over extending to p3 and then from there it went right back to dropping. I mean its getting better, but for some reason I always start dropping hard after 3.

As for #2, like I said I was getting slightly better, but still wasn't great. I noticed the other day that inline at setup looked left and cf looked inline. When I focused on swinging towards what is actually inline, it got better.. not awesome but better. Worked on the right elbow in transition as well. Anyways, definitely needs some work. Hard to get away with it on my longer clubs.

You guys think it would be better to just go ahead and flatten my clubs? Because as soon as I started getting shallower, everything moved towards the heel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrian View Post

Thanks James.

I've done #1 like a thousand times and got to where I actually started over extending to p3 and then from there it went right back to dropping. I mean its getting better, but for some reason I always start dropping hard after 3.

As for #2, like I said I was getting slightly better, but still wasn't great. I noticed the other day that inline at setup looked left and cf looked inline. When I focused on swinging towards what is actually inline, it got better.. not awesome but better. Worked on the right elbow in transition as well. Anyways, definitely needs some work. Hard to get away with it on my longer clubs.

You guys think it would be better to just go ahead and flatten my clubs? Because as soon as I started getting shallower, everything moved towards the heel.

You hit heel shots because your angle of approach is too acute so you turn the shoulders more degrees open and hit heel shots. (Think McIlroy) Heel shots would also reduce the left curve.

P4_hip_extension.jpg

P5_left_arm.jpg

P6.8_hand_sweetspot_tracing.jpg

P7.8_rightarm_roc.jpg

Like I said.... Extend. -> Left arm.

• Upvote 1

James Hirshfield

Tour Professional Golf Coach

@hirshfield <-- Follow me on Twitter!

james@thegolfevolution.com

UK 07939-902455

USA (814) 464-3446

Well done James.  Take notes people!

James, what interesting is that Brian's head lower from P1-4 but we also see the right leg straighten a good amount, which some can normally equate to the extension piece.  But as you indicated, didn't release enough flexion of the right hip.  Can be tough to see.  I would also guess the axis moves a little right, left shoulder moves too far back, and shifts the baseline right.  Leading to the left arm being too far "in" at P5.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Great thread Brian and nice swing. Hope I can get a swing like that one day! Make sure you keep us updated with progress.

Driver: :tmade: R1 S 10 degree Wood: :ping: G20 3W Hybrid: :nike:Covert Pro 3H
Irons: :tmade: Rocketbladez Tour 4i-AW KBS S SW: :cleveland: CG15 54 degree
LW: :cleveland: CG15 58 degree Putter: :tmade: Corza Ghost Ball: :tmade: Penta

Wonderful analysis. It is always surprising to see how pieces of our backswing can lead us to have faulty downswing pieces. I know it makes sense when I write it here, but it was hard to see until James put it in this analysis the hip movement.

Really great stuff.

Michael

Worked for about 20 minutes yesterday and got about 15 swings in today after a lesson. Looks better... had to save this shot with my hands a little though so RoC looks worse. Also, 2 and 3 aren't where I'd like them to be and hips aren't great either. Anyways, I like the changes. Just gotta keep working and then do some polishing.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by cbrian

Worked for about 20 minutes yesterday and got about 15 swings in today after a lesson. Looks better... had to save this shot with my hands a little though so RoC looks worse. Also, 2 and 3 aren't where I'd like them to be and hips aren't great either. Anyways, I like the changes. Just gotta keep working and then do some polishing.

Not telling you something you don't know already: SO much better.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

And from a different angle. Got a couple things I really want to clean up once this gets more ingrained. However, its going good.... just hard considering how long I practiced my low and slow move way back when.

• 2 weeks later...

New video. I reverted a little bit thanks to the holidays and my tilt/extend feel wasn't exactly working for me. Looking better now though. Also, changed setup slightly.

Oh and in the after I was swinging about 50% and chunked it, but oh well.... its progress.

Does it feel like you're going to wiff it at P4?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

To be honest, I'm trying so hard to over extend after p2 that I don't feel much else at p4. This is a tough one for me...

• 4 weeks later...

Doing some work.... still working on right hip. Started working on going back into flexion today. Also, I worked on thrust near the end of my session, but didn't get a video. Hitting it so much better.

• 2 years later...

Very nice looking swing..

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Hey Brian! Awesome looking swing. Looks like you're absolutely killing that driver!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Thanks guys. I appreciate the kind words. Honestly, I didn't know I made this post (cough* Erik).

But yeah, the swing is really nice at the moment. Its been a long journey to get to this point. It feels amazing to be able to actually hit driver and irons solid/"straight" at the same time. Its always been one or the other until recently. Couldn't have done it without Erik and Dave though. I would still be spinning my wheels if they hadn't been there to point me in the right direction over the last few years.

Note: This thread is 3701 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!