IGNORED

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012 To Feature Augusta National

Bo the Golfer
Note: This thread is 4317 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Am considering pulling the trigger on this for my PS3 (US based). I've got '08 for PS3 and '10 for the Wii (which I probably played twice!) and none of the jargon means anything to me so I'll almost certainly get this. I don't have a problem buying extra courses but it's kind of unfair they're courses you need for the season!

The Wikipedia page shows the courses that come with each version. How much are the Birdie and Eagle packs for US residents on PS3?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Woods_PGA_Tour_12

Originally Posted by pound puppy

The entire thing is short enough to swing in a room with a 7" ceiling (I'm 5'10").

Impressive, being 5'10" and being able to fit in a room with a 7" ceiling!

Originally Posted by jamo

I downloaded the Predator. If you can break par on that course, you've mastered the game.

I remember that course from TW '04 on PS2. Even the greens are nightmares!

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC, The birdie pack is $15 and the eagle pack is $35. I bought the collector's edition and then the eagle pack.

Originally Posted by Fraser

How much are the Birdie and Eagle packs for US residents on PS3?

Diablo Octane
Big Bertha 2007 3W 

Razr X 3H, 4H
Razr X Irons 5-PW 

Wedges X-Tour 56* and 60*

White Ice D.A.R.T Mallet 

Ball Tour i(s)

Originally Posted by hjimzaf

IIRC, The birdie pack is $15 and the eagle pack is $35. I bought the collector's edition and then the eagle pack.

Thanks, I didn't look closely enough to realise the Birdie pack was essentially the Collector's Edition....

Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

Originally Posted by Fraser

I remember that course from TW '04 on PS2. Even the greens are nightmares!

I've only played it once on Tiger '12, but I'm pretty sure it's a bit different. Or at least it looks a lot different because the graphics have progresses so much. It's still a fantastic course though.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Shindig

It seems that sometimes, my caddy doesn't give me a read on the putt at all.

Also, is anyone else's audio messed up at Waialae?  On #10, a par-5, it says it's the shortest par-4... which is true for the members' #10 hole, #1 on how we're playing it.

Edit: And also on #13.

Same for me at Waialae

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I downloaded the Predator. If you can break par on that course, you've mastered the game. I'll probably get TPC Boston and maybe Doral at some point.

Hmm... that reminds me. I should probably look up the individual prices and compare packs to the courses I want. But I have good memories of Predator from '04 (which introduced me to golf in the first place). [quote name="tristanhilton85" url="/forum/thread/43050/tiger-woods-pga-tour-2012-to-feature-augusta-national/216#post_604025"]

Same for me at Waialae

[/quote] That's a relief!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Well I bought the CE edition today. Had a couple of hours play this afternoon so started on Career and attempted a couple of the Masters Moments thingys.

Quite impressed so far. On the PS3 version how do you know how much %-age power you're hitting it with whilst you're swinging? Is it just by feel/practice?

This makes it sound like all the prior year TW games. Thought this one was supposed to be more difficult? I actually was thinking about picking it up for my 360 next week but not if it's a walk in the park to shoot in the 50s...

edit: well, saw the tail end of the post about the amateur difficulty. What are other folks playing on? Does it provide enough of a challenge for $60+?

Originally Posted by hjimzaf

For those of you that play, what are your career stats so far? I've been playing since the day it was released and so far:

Total Rounds 161

Average Score 59.7

Average Putts 1.4

Driving Average 307 yds

Longest Drive 408 yds

Driving Accuracy 90%

GIR Percentage 86%

Longest Putt 102 ft

Aces 8

Double Eagles 3

Eagles 248

Birdies 1787

Pars 1058

Bogeys 147

Double Bogeys 23

Weeks as world #1 199

Man, if only I could play this good in real life! HAHA! Right now, I'm trying to break 50, 52 is my lowest round. Most of this was on amateur, so that I could unlock everything and get my guy to 100 on everything.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

The newest thing that annoys me in the game now is the world rankings. I had some time this week to play and won the U.S. Open and the Australian Cup. I moved up a total of 11 spots, not even breaking the top 50. Did anyone climb it quickly? Or, how long did it take you to get top 50? Top 20? It seems top 100 was pretty quick.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

The newest thing that annoys me in the game now is the world rankings. I had some time this week to play and won the U.S. Open and the Australian Cup. I moved up a total of 11 spots, not even breaking the top 50. Did anyone climb it quickly? Or, how long did it take you to get top 50? Top 20? It seems top 100 was pretty quick.

I just finished the Australian Open, my only non-win was a second place at the Masters, and I'm still in the 60s.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

It took me about three 1/2 seasons to reach the top with A LOT of wins.

Tour Pro difficulty is the way to go in this game, if you ask me.  I am not really fond of the randomness of the shots(this is how the game creates more difficulty) but once you get past being used to hitting everything right where you want, it starts to make sense.  Sometimes a good swing doesn't give the best result but still only the terrible swings will get you in trouble.  No spin, no power..Its worth the buy if you ask me.  Its a very fun game and while having to pay for courses involved in the season seems a bit "BS" its still playable and you're still able to reach #1

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

I can get to around 64ish give or take on TOUR PRO difficulty. The fact that I'm not shooting in the mid-low 50's like past games makes this fun. I did shoot a 58 at TPC San Antonio, but I was dropping putts from all over after missing everything and going -1 in my previous round...

My Equipment:
Driver: 9.5* R9, 73g Fubuki stiff | 3wood: 15* R9 3 Wood, x-stiff shaft | Hybrid: 19* Lynx Hybrid, reg. flex | Irons: MP-68s (4i-PW), 5.5x flighted |
Wedges: 52.08*, 56.11*, & 60.07 Vokey Spin-Milled | Putter: Pixl L1.8, 33.5" | Balls: Pro V1x |

I almost hated playing tiger on just standard difficulty. Shooting like 58-63 every round. I started Tiger 12 at Tour Pro and at first it was hard, now that i reached the PGA Tour it's getting easier. I think im going to have to jump up to the next level. I hate winning every tournament. IMO it just makes the game less interesting when your demolishing the field.The game is sweet though. I like how they brought back sponsors.

FWIW I read the other day that this is the highest-selling version of Tiger Woods PGA Tour ever.

In my bag:

I just finished the Australian Open, my only non-win was a second place at the Masters, and I'm still in the 60s.

Yeah, my only non-win so far is a T48 or something like that in San Antonio. I think I was expecting it to work like the real OWGR, and it doesn't, which is fine. [quote name="Paradox" url="/forum/thread/43050/tiger-woods-pga-tour-2012-to-feature-augusta-national/216#post_606334"]It took me about three 1/2 seasons to reach the top with A LOT of wins.

Tour Pro difficulty is the way to go in this game, if you ask me.  I am not really fond of the randomness of the shots(this is how the game creates more difficulty) but once you get past being used to hitting everything right where you want, it starts to make sense.  Sometimes a good swing doesn't give the best result but still only the terrible swings will get you in trouble.  No spin, no power..Its worth the buy if you ask me.  Its a very fun game and while having to pay for courses involved in the season seems a bit "BS" its still playable and you're still able to reach #1

[/quote] Are the future seasons the same schedule? Or are there other events? I'm still on the first season. I turned off spin and power. I didn't like those features in the past. But I haven't gone up to tour difficulty yet.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Some of the events change courses but for the most part everything stays the same.  I think one of the DLC tournies uses different courses and I know the champions cup(first tourney of the year) changes..at least as far as I can remember.  I'm playing it at Whistling Straits this year.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

I'm on my 6th season, lots of free time. The events that change courses every year are:

The Worldwide Classic

North American Golf Calssic

US Regional Cup

The Fantasy Challenge

The rest stay the same. I wish the game would recognize what DLC you have downloaded and change other events as well.

Diablo Octane
Big Bertha 2007 3W 

Razr X 3H, 4H
Razr X Irons 5-PW 

Wedges X-Tour 56* and 60*

White Ice D.A.R.T Mallet 

Ball Tour i(s)

Note: This thread is 4317 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!