IGNORED

Got HDTV?

iacas
Note: This thread is 5718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you have HDTV? (see first post for clarification)

• Yes, I have HDTV programming.
    • Nope, no HDTV here.

got the 50 inch panasonic plasma. good god, I love it!!! You can see the grain of the greens, every blade of grass on this beast!! It's like being at the course. It's like it was meant for HD golf broadcasts. To anyone who doesnt have this, please invest!! It is sooo worth it!!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the first thing I bought when my wife and I bought our house last year. Picked up a 50" Sony SXRD Bravia set. HD programming is definitely FTW.

What's in my orange Callaway Warbird Hot:

Maltby CT250 11.5° - SK Fiber Pure Energy s-flex
Maltby CT250 18° - SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 s-flex
Taylor Made RAC OS2 3-PW - True Temper r-flexTitleist Vokey Satin 252.08 (bent to 49°) & Satin SM54.10Yes! Tiffany (center shafted)Top Flite D2 Feel...

Count me in. I have a 42" Panasonic Plasma with HD programming hooked up via HDMI and is phenomenal. My 360 looks amazing and even my upconverting DVD player produces an excellent picture. I am glad I did not choose to become an early adopter in the format war of HD-DVD and Blu-ray. I was this close to buying an HD-DVD player for xmas but held off. Glad I did because HD-DVD is dead. I have a blu-ray player on my xmas 08 wish list.

To the poster who was not happy with their set. It is either a lemon or you have it hooked up completely wrong. God forbid, you cannot hook up an HDTV with composite cables (red, white, yellow) For your best picture, you need an HDMI cable or at least Component cables (red, green, blue).

I recently bought a 46" Samsung 1080p LCD flat-panel. We had a 52" Sony rear-proj HD ready, but I didn't care to have HD channels for this television. After buying the 46", I finally upgraded to Comcast HD and I have to say, I'm very impressed with the picture...especially with any sporting events. The only gripe that I have with HD is that NOT everything on the HD channels are viewed in HD. For example, I'll watch espn and the commentators will be crystal clear, then they'll cut to a highlight and it's all blurry. Now I only have component cables, but I'm going to purchase some HDMI cables this weekend. Anyone that uses HDMI cables, does it really make a big difference?

Driver: r7 9.5*
3 Wood: xxI0
4 Wood: V steel
Irons: i-403
PW: : 56* chrome wedgeSW: 53* tour seriesPutter: scotty cameron Newport twoBalls: ProV-1Bag: Hoofer stand bag

The only gripe that I have with HD is that NOT everything on the HD channels are viewed in HD. For example, I'll watch espn and the commentators will be crystal clear, then they'll cut to a highlight and it's all blurry.

Unfortunately not everything is shot in HD so you will see a combination of HD and upconverted SD occasionally.

To answer your question, I would say NO there is not A BIG difference in video quality between HDMI and component. From EzinesArticles.com, "the degradation in the signal over component is virtually imperceptible and HDMI does introduce a few problems of its own." The advantage of HDMI is it will carry your audio signal as well, so less wires running back and forth. I'm not sure about this but I don't think you can carry 1080p over component either. So if you plan on running blu-ray or any other 1080p source you might need HDMI.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Golf is great to watch in HD. I can actually read the grain in the greens. It feels like you are right there.

party at iacas during the masters!

I don't have the programming, I bought the TV though thinking that it was going to look sweet, it's ok for xbox but regular tv looks crappy.. I regret buying it now Don't wanna have to put loads of money into watching tv

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

party at iacas during the masters!

I'm planning on it

I don't think he knows yet so shhhhh!

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I have a Mitsubishi HD1000U HD Projector & a 106" screen.

Freakin' amazing with a true HD signal.

I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I've got a 50" plasma in the living room, 37" LCD in my bedroom and a 60" HDCRT in the pool room. I can't live without having HD during NFL season. Geaux Saints! I had Charter cable with the HD DVR package, but they took our Moxi DVRs away and gave us crappy motorola boxes. After that, I switched to directTv and have the new HD DVRs. Here is my living room TV. I just had the built in made. I need to fill the nail holes and paint it now.

In my bag you'll find:

Irons[SIZE="1"] Big Bertha X-Fuision 5 ~ PW (graphite)
Hybrids 3DX Genex 2i (17*) and 4i (23*) (steel)
SW 256.10 Vokey Black Nickle (56* / 10*) (steel)LW 260.4 Vokey oil can (60* / 4*) (steel)Woods G2i (17*) 3w (graphite)Putter 34" Newport Detour

50" Plasma here with Comcast HD package. Had to break down and get a 32" LCD for the bedroom, also with an HD box. With the exception of the DIY channel, I simply never watch non-HD channels anymore.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Just added this 42" LCD HDTV to the office, doubles as a nice monitor. So that makes 3 HDTV's, a 17" 27" and now the 42".

My Bag

Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

• Administrator
Just added this 42" LCD HDTV to the office, doubles as a nice monitor. So that makes 3 HDTV's, a 17" 27" and now the 42".

Looks like I need to make the site bigger. Just for you, eh? What's your IP - I'll code up something special!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Looks like I need to make the site bigger. Just for you, eh? What's your IP - I'll code up something special!

I keep the resolution at 1920X1080 so everything displays without stretching pics or video, and mostly for dvd playback. I could change the resolution to fill the screen better but I kind of like it when I can view more of the page. The forum displays full screen so that is nice. Most web pages at that resolution don't fill up the screen but from the 3 to 4 feet that I sit from the screen when using the computer it is plenty big. Thanks for the offer though

My Bag

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 61" Samsung DLP 1080P recently hooked up to HD cable. Golf in HD makes me cry cause I'm stuck inside just watching...

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

56" Samsung DLP Slim 1080p.
DirecTV HD.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

I voted no - because I don't have HDTV "programming" (by way of satellite, cable, or OTA HD). However, both of my TV's (one for the living room, one for the bedroom) are driven by PC's, and I watch HD content using my PC all the time - just not from my dish service.

37" Sharp Aquos LCD, 26" Westinghouse LCD (surprisingly good). I've also got an NEC projector, but thats on loan from NEC and I have to return it now that I've tested it out. Really would love to put it in my bedroom though, I have cathedral ceilings, so projection would work nicely

Note: This thread is 5718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!