• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ronaldkuntoro

The best brand for Irons?

1. 1. The best brand for Irons?

• Nike
    • Titleist
    • Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Mizuno
    • Cobra
    • Cleveland
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 posts in this topic

You should try searching the forum, too.

This (and identical driver thread you created) have been discussed quite a bit in other threads.  If you want peoples opinions, there are plenty of replies there.

Originally Posted by Gordon McTavish

Just take a look at everyone's signature for your answer.

It the indexes in this thread are proof of anything:

Titleist > Cleveland > Other (including Acer and PING )

Although I voted Titleist being a loyalist, I would choose Mizuno second. Here is the deal. Asking these questions should not help you decide. Don't believe this #1 irons in golf stuff from companies, and don't take our word as the word of god.

You need to explore if you are really looking into irons. Establish your level of play and look at it from there. High handi's should look into casted oversize irons with more forgiveness. If you're a lower hdcp and want workability in your club in lieu of forgiveness, look toward forged models. Shafts will make or break, so try plenty of those too. Get fitted by a trusted clubmaker/fitter or a PGA certified professional.

Please, use these comments as guidance, do not look at them as concrete and valid. We all have preferences and loyalties to specific brands based on what we know and like or use ourselves.

DO YOUR RESEARCH! What you think is more important that what everyone else thinks and says.

Originally Posted by BDMplayer910

Although I voted Titleist being a loyalist, I would choose Mizuno second. Here is the deal. Asking these questions should not help you decide. Don't believe this #1 irons in golf stuff from companies, and don't take our word as the word of god.

You need to explore if you are really looking into irons. Establish your level of play and look at it from there. High handi's should look into casted oversize irons with more forgiveness. If you're a lower hdcp and want workability in your club in lieu of forgiveness, look toward forged models. Shafts will make or break, so try plenty of those too. Get fitted by a trusted clubmaker/fitter or a PGA certified professional.

Please, use these comments as guidance, do not look at them as concrete and valid. We all have preferences and loyalties to specific brands based on what we know and like or use ourselves.

DO YOUR RESEARCH! What you think is more important that what everyone else thinks and says.

hahaha LOL.... I'm not looking for new irons.  blablabla..... thanks!!!

Originally Posted by ronaldkuntoro

Quote:

Hope you don't expect many more responses after that ^^^

and...what is the point of this thread if you aren't looking for irons? Just want to get flamed by everyone that thinks this thread is pointless?...since it is

Originally Posted by tws1098

and...what is the point of this thread if you aren't looking for irons? Just want to get flamed by everyone that thinks this thread is pointless?...since it is

He starts a lot of fluff threads, which some people seem to like. How far do you hit your driver, what's the best driver, how much do you bench?

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Quote:

Originally Posted by tws1098

He starts a lot of fluff threads, which some people seem to like. How far do you hit your driver, what's the best driver, how much do you bench?

Sean,

This thread is like asking "What Ice Cream Flavor do you like?".   It's just as simple as that.   I don't buy Chocolate Ice Cream just because The majority of Human like Chocolate Ice Cream.    It would be INTERESTING to know if the majority of Human Being likes Chocolate ice cream though.

I have no idea why some Dudes told everyone this POLL is pointless.  I just don't get it.

BTW Sean, I never started these threads "How far do you hit your driver", "How much do you bench", etc.

The reality is all of these companies make some really good irons... plus you left out quite a few (Ping, Hogan, Miura, MacGregor... I'm sure there is more)...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sean,

This thread is like asking "What Ice Cream Flavor do you like?".   It's just as simple as that.   I don't buy Chocolate Ice Cream just because The majority of Human like Chocolate Ice Cream.    It would be INTERESTING to know if the majority of Human Being likes Chocolate ice cream though.

I have no idea why some Dudes told everyone this POLL is pointless.  I just don't get it.

BTW Sean, I never started these threads "How far do you hit your driver", "How much do you bench", etc.

Some people don't enjoy these threads because they clog the forum and detract from relevant discussions.  It's trivial to talk about the 'best' of anything without specific constraints or objectives.

It would be similar to me asking what the best sedan on the market it, without any concern for design, ergonomics, efficiency, reliability, etc....  Such a question becomes even more irritating if in fact I'm not shopping for a car at all.  This is what you are doing.

Myself, and others that post in this forum like to help people.  You give us a swing type, a ball flight, a preference for look and feel, a budget and many would love to talk about different product offerings.

Garbage in, garbage out in these types of threads.

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

The reality is all of these companies make some really good irons... plus you left out quite a few (Ping, Hogan, Miura, MacGregor... I'm sure there is more)...

somehow Nike and Taylormade that really came to mind when I made this poll.   Both manufactures sponsor a lot of PGA Tour Players.  When I  Think Phil, Callaway came to mind.  Think Martin Kaymer, Taylormade popped up.   Anthony Kim is a Nike Player.  And a lot of Titleist players.

I wonder if any PGA Tour player uses MacGregror anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

somehow Nike and Taylormade that really came to mind when I made this poll.   Both manufactures sponsor a lot of PGA Tour Players.  When I  Think Phil, Callaway came to mind.  Think Martin Kaymer, Taylormade popped up.   Anthony Kim is a Nike Player.  And a lot of Titleist players.

I wonder if any PGA Tour player uses MacGregror anymore.

Maybe not at the professional level, since they're not sponsoring anyone, but one could argue that Rocco Mediate could put a set in the bag.

You should read about PING. They've been around for a while and are played by both the current British Open champion and #1 player in the world (according to the OWGR).

Regarding your threads, there are some fluff ones in there out of the 130+ you've started, but I must confess, I made up the "How much do you bench" to illustrate a point. Carry on.

I'm surprised PING is not mentioned, and the only option I can check is 'Other'.  So 'Other' and specifically 'PING' would be my choice.  Mainly because they have contributed so much to golf and they are probably the most copied company out there.

• First to really bring CB and game improvement clubs to the market. (Not to argue someone might have come out with it first, but PING really introduced it to the masses.)
  • Fitting for players of all shapes and sizes.  The ping color code was one of the first to really make custom lie angles available to the masses.
  • The blade 'anser' style putter.  Now that the pattent has expired there are nothing but copies out there.  Even though so many modifications can be made to make that style putter something different and newer. (I.E. Scotty Cameron with the customized weights and milling process, TaylorMade with the white ghost series, Nike with the method putter and poly face... at the end of the day they are all based on a perimeter weighted design orginally thought up and brought to market by Karsten Solheim.

That's why I play ping and will continue to do so.  I like Mizuno as a close second because the Mfr. in the USA in my home state and they stay true to the forged blade market.  More than anything I like to see companies find, support and drive a cause they believe makes the golf world better.

Quote:

Then why would you even post this? Just another useless thread if you're taking nothing from it. I apologize for trying to help you out.

Nobody makes their irons in the U.S. anymore, I don't know that Mizuno ever has.

Originally Posted by BigMikey

I'm surprised PING is not mentioned, and the only option I can check is 'Other'.  So 'Other' and specifically 'PING' would be my choice.  Mainly because they have contributed so much to golf and they are probably the most copied company out there.

First to really bring CB and game improvement clubs to the market. (Not to argue someone might have come out with it first, but PING really introduced it to the masses.)

Fitting for players of all shapes and sizes.  The ping color code was one of the first to really make custom lie angles available to the masses.

The blade 'anser' style putter.  Now that the pattent has expired there are nothing but copies out there.  Even though so many modifications can be made to make that style putter something different and newer. (I.E. Scotty Cameron with the customized weights and milling process, TaylorMade with the white ghost series, Nike with the method putter and poly face... at the end of the day they are all based on a perimeter weighted design orginally thought up and brought to market by Karsten Solheim.

That's why I play ping and will continue to do so.  I like Mizuno as a close second because the Mfr. in the USA in my home state and they stay true to the forged blade market.  More than anything I like to see companies find, support and drive a cause they believe makes the golf world better.