IGNORED

My Swing (BrushCaddy)

BrushCaddy
Note: This thread is 4846 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My swing is a Stack and Tilt work in progress.  Looking at my video, I probably have too much "Flying V" and I'm not shifting my weight fwd soon enough when starting my fwd swing.  I don't like how my club "snaps" back at my finish and I'm wondering what is happening there.  I also see my left elbow is flared out like a chicken at the end.  Not sure if that's right.

Any suggestions and constructive criticism is welcome.  Thanks

S&T; generally doesn't regard grip as a fundamental, but yours is so incredibly strong with both hands that I honestly don't think you can play that way if you want to have a chance at getting much better. On the plus side, you do really well from your very, very unconventional setup. The club comes back on plane and you make a nice lower body move. I'm not any kind of instructor, but my guess is you'd improve really fast with some competent help.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by BrushCaddy

My swing is a Stack and Tilt work in progress.  Looking at my video, I probably have too much "Flying V" and I'm not shifting my weight fwd soon enough when starting my fwd swing.  I don't like how my club "snaps" back at my finish and I'm wondering what is happening there.  I also see my left elbow is flared out like a chicken at the end.  Not sure if that's right.

Did you want criticism or cynicism?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

not to be rude but your swing it really not good.

-you grip has to be totally redone, it his bad and i dont know how you hit the ball like that

-you start the club on an outside path

-your follow through has to be lower.(more like throwing a frisbee than throwing a bag of potatoes over your shoulder)

-you do have a chicken wing but thats because of your follow through.

with that follow through there is no way you can rotate your right hand over your left to properly release the club

Originally Posted by Stretch

S&T; generally doesn't regard grip as a fundamental, but yours is so incredibly strong with both hands that I honestly don't think you can play that way if you want to have a chance at getting much better. On the plus side, you do really well from your very, very unconventional setup. The club comes back on plane and you make a nice lower body move. I'm not any kind of instructor, but my guess is you'd improve really fast with some competent help.

Yeah... this is the same boat I was in... I had a really strong grip as well, in fact I'm in the process of changing that right now.  It shouldn't be too hard to change... hit a few buckets focusing on that and then you can move on to other things.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

golf ball is to far back in your stance, hands are to far forward. For me i like to see the left hand at the inside half of the thigh, and the ball never behind center for any full shot.

Get two sticks, form a T, and use that to judge were your ball placement is at

Grip is way to strong, work your way to getting your hands more ontop of the club.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Thanks for all the advice guys, I appreciate it.

Just after I posted this, I was watching the Phoenix Open and they were analyzing Gainey's grip.  Surprisingly enough, he has the same strong grip with his right hand behind the club like mine. They were commenting on how different it was and that only a few players grip like that.

I practiced and played with a weaker grip for a couple month's a while back but my aim was so inconsistent, that I just went back to my old habit.  That was before I started  learning the SnT swing so maybe it's time to try it again.

IMO if I were you I would lean toward working more on the key fundamentals rather then S&T.;  You have a lot of stuff that could be changed to help you out.The first thing I would do is the grip.  Changing the grip will help you with a lot more things as well. For instance the clubface is extremely closed on the backswing.  Weakning your left and right hand will help you square up the clubface. Also it will teach you to turn the clubface over rather then "chicken winging" your left arm. Another thing that may help is moving the ball forward in your stance a little as it looks as if your using a mid to low iron.

Originally Posted by BrushCaddy

@BrushCaddy Before I give you any thoughts I have one question for you...what is your bad miss and what is the shot YOU hate the most.  These could be the same or two different answers.  I have suspicions but that information is always important to get from you directly.

Dave

David Wedzik
Director of Instruction, Golf Evolution

LOWEST SCORE WINS! <- Check it out!!!

Thanks Schmitty and David for your replies...

I'm using a 7 iron in the video.  The one instructor I had 2 years ago had me center the ball when using my mid irons.  Ball fwd on the long irons and ball back with the shorties.

As for my worst club... Driver.  In fact, I don't use it.  It slices hard and I haven't been able to stop it.  I don't have a consistent bad shot but in general, my game goes like this..  short irons are my strength, most always straight and good distance and the bad shot is fat or thin.  Mid to long irons are either straight or draw, very ocassionally a hook.  Hybrid and 3W are mild to moderate fade and sometimes slice.

Note: This thread is 4846 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!