IGNORED

Headcovers (Covers) For Irons

ChgMan
Note: This thread is 2775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I heard about this bag and wondered if anyone here has it. The only other thing I worried about is if my ping anser 2 milled face putter with the jumbo ping grip would work with it?

The slots will hold a mid-size putter grip but I think the jumbo might be too big.  The slot is oversized and triangular (see below) but the rubber protection reduces the size of the opening.  The grip is likely too big to fit into the slot in the base so it's not likely going to hold it in place like it does your other clubs.  You could also use an external putter holder attached to the bag.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...

Do you use iron protectors for your beloved irons? If so, what kind? Are they just something for new clubs until the shine wears a little?

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

HAHA!! I tend to agree with @geauxforbroke . The only time I'd consider using them would be if I was traveling.

I'm with you on this one. Dings on irons are like divots. If you are a good player you can't avoid them.

Sam Gray

Whats in my :ping: Ping Hoofer Carry Bag?
Driver: :ping: Ping G25 9.5*    Shaft: Graphite Design AD DI 7x
3 Wood: :callaway: Callaway X HOT Pro 3 Deep 14.5       Shaft: Diamana Blue Board 83x
Hybrid: :adams:
 Adams A12 prototype 20*  Shaft: Aldila Rip NV blue prototype 80x
3 iron--Pitching Wedge: :mizuno: MP-64 irons 1* flat      Shafts: KBS Tour Stiff 
Wedges: :cleveland: 588 Forged 54 degree 12 degree bounce and 61 degree 9 degrees bounce   
Putter: :ping: Ping Karsten 1959 Anser 2

waist of time those things.

But if your a golf geek for material you could want them.

I know one lover who has them. He loves his mizu shiny blades. If he's on rocky soil hell take a drop and yell on the maintenance :blink:

I've only used them when I travel and bring the clubs on a plane.  It is more to protect the shafts of the woods than the iron heads.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

No, I don't. As far as I'm concerned, they are reserved for those that wear fanny packs and tall socks with sandals.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

i can see where this is heading! i also wonder the condition of your clubs? have u ever bought new shinet ones? lol

I dont use iron covers.  Unless they are painted, I really dont see the point.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I use them, just the neoprene one with the window about a 10 pounds for the set, one trick is to use a hole punch a tread them through with matching clothes line otherwise will be going round picken up headcovers all day, really only need for chromed irons.

The Club Glove neoprene covers are pretty good.  A set of forged blades will look like they were stuck in a garbage disposal if you ride a golf cart without covers.  To some, that adds character to the clubs, but if you want to keep them smooth and shiny then use covers.  Also, I think the poster above is correct about rust.  Leave the covers off when you get home.

I really don't think iron cover are for nerds who wear a fanny pack and high socks, I think they work well for people who enjoy a new looking iron. Some wonder why their irons don't resell well, because they don't take care of them. It's their own fault! Some don't use iron covers because they take a little extra work to use, true, but good things take some work. With that being said, I purchased these for travel on airlines and in my trunk:

http://www.clubglove.com/CG/ViewProd-clubcover6c.asp?ProductID=34

I really don't think iron cover are for nerds who wear a fanny pack and high socks, I think they work well for people who enjoy a new looking iron. Some wonder why their irons don't resell well, because they don't take care of them. It's their own fault! Some don't use iron covers because they take a little extra work to use, true, but good things take some work. With that being said, I purchased these for travel on airlines and in my trunk: [URL=http://www.clubglove.com/CG/ViewProd-clubcover6c.asp?ProductID=34]http://www.clubglove.com/CG/ViewProd-clubcover6c.asp?ProductID=34[/URL]

This is my set of forged irons. Well over 400 rounds on them and always on the back of a cart. No covers.....ever. As you can see, they're barely useable. Ready for the trash for sure...... If you like iron covers, knock yourself out, but they're completely unnecessary and you'll almost never find them on the clubs of a good player.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Quote:

If you like iron covers, knock yourself out, but they're completely unnecessary and you'll almost never find them on the clubs of a good player.

I guess i'm wondering then, why don't you have them on your clubs? ;-) Besides, all those dings would distract me!

I guess i'm wondering then, why don't you have them on your clubs?  Besides, all those dings would distract me!

Just trying to emulate good the good players out there!

Hitting the ground with a golf club thousands of times causes dings and scratches.  It's the nature of the game. Regardless though, if you're looking at the bottom of the club while you're addressing the ball, there may be a problem with your stance. :-P

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 2775 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!