IGNORED

Headcovers (Covers) For Irons

ChgMan
Note: This thread is 2777 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who cares about a few nicks on your irons? They don't affect play and they make the clubs yours imo. Personally I like the sound of irons chattering as I walk, music to my ears.

It is a nice sound, and I am sure that not having covers aren't going to do that much damage, but I am the type of person that likes to keep their gear in good condition and increase resale value.

MP32
R7
Mezza Monza
RAC 60 degree

I have a buddy who takes more time putting his Driver cover on, than I EVER will as far as my iron covers. I don't even recover my Driver until the 18th hole. Its the tallest in the bag, what in the world could hurt it?

Im more worried about my driver shaft getting clonked rather than the head! Thats why the headcover goes down a bit(I hate ping headcovers!).

Now instead of iron covers have you considered something like the bagboy clip lok?

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

Im more worried about my driver shaft getting clonked rather than the head! Thats why the headcover goes down a bit(I hate ping headcovers!).

Absolutely! I have considered a new bag or some type of attachment. Is that a complete bag setup, or is it something that may fit my current Ogio cartbag? I really, really like my Ogio and would prefer an attachment. Just haven't found one that will properly work with my Ogio.

As far as the Driver shaft getting "clonked". . .I guess that's another reason I keep the iron covers on and I don't worry about the Driver. If every other club, besides my driver is covered, the driver should be okay.

Absolutely! I have considered a new bag or some type of attachment. Is that a complete bag setup, or is it something that may fit my current Ogio cartbag? I really, really like my Ogio and would prefer an attachment. Just haven't found one that will properly work with my Ogio.

The bagboy clip lok is a bag

Locks the clubs in place so they dont move. I'm considering purchasing that

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

I dont use them simply because of the hassel of taking them off when taking a shot, then having to put them back on again for a club you use a lot in a round. Plus they are super easy to loose, and I find them a big waste of money.

In the Bag:

Driver: Titleist 905T
Hybrid: Titleist 585H Hybrid
Irons: Nike Pro Combo 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56*, 60* Titleist Vokey 52*Putter: Odyssey 6660 Ball: Titleist ProV1

this is pretty shallow... but because they look terrible and tacky

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

It is a nice sound, and I am sure that not having covers aren't going to do that much damage, but I am the type of person that likes to keep their gear in good condition and increase resale value.

That's the reason they have a stigma. When I buy irons selling them is the last thing on my mind. I'd rather that they had a few nicks on them rather than picking up a brand new looking iron over and over, I bought them to play with them not to stare at them.

909 D2 8.5° Fubuki Tour 73x
975f 14.5° DG R300
909H 19° AXIVCore Tour Red 85x
690.mb 3-pw DG S300
Z TP 52° and 56° Studio Select Newport 2 34"

• 5 months later...
Stock. My driver and 4-wood have Mizuno headcovers.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I use the stock ones. Or used to use it, until those little ones came off both my hybrids and got lost, now they're all dinged up. I like those sock style headcovers that protect the shafts from chatter. They don't fall off as easily either. Next set of hybrids, if they come with those little ones, I'm gonna scrap them and get some covers that I won't lose.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Stock.

The posting policy requires a longer message than that, so this should do the trick.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm so excited. I'm finally getting custom iron covers. Maybe someone will see and want to gamble a bit.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

I'm so excited. I'm finally getting custom iron covers. Maybe someone will see and want to gamble a bit.

where do you get custom iron covers i would like having some since i have blades and bag chatter ugh.

Note: This thread is 2777 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!