IGNORED

Funny Examples of Cheating

Big Don
Note: This thread is 4325 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anybody seen any funny episodes where people were caught cheating? One guy who went to my employer's golf outing apparently dropped a golf ball down his trouser leg during the afternoon round.

Taylormade r7 460
Callaway X 3 Wood
Callaway X 5 Wood
Callaway X 7 Wood
Callaway X Hybrid (24*)TaylorMade r7 Irons (5-PW)Mizuno MP-R Series Wedges (52,58 degrees)Ping G2 Anser Putter

I remember guys catching guys during high school tryouts and competitors in matches for high school golf. Pretty werid to see the same thing happen at two different times. All four golfers searching golf one guys ball, I turn back to look at the guy and I see a ball drop out of the guys shorts/pants just and it lands he says I found it without know I caught him. Pretty werid, must have had a hole in his pocket or something.
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

I've seen someone hit their ProV into the trees so hard it turned yellow. Safe to say I pulled them up.

OT: But does anyone know why some of us have lines thru our usernames? It seem I can't post threads or PM's or I would have asked via that. At first I thought it was me but it seems quite a few have a line.

Dave

"There is only one difference between a madman and me. I am not mad."

In the bag (click):
Cleveland HiBore 9.5°
Nike T60 17° Nike T60 21° Ping i5 (4-PW)Ping Tour 52°Ping Tour 56°Cleveland 588 Chrome 60°Yes! TracyMy Handicap Record

• 4 weeks later...

Funny and in the same time outrageously bold!!!

I once saw a guy in the foursome in front of us playing a hilly par 3.

We were at the tee box, so we saw/enjoyed the whole scene from behind.

His other 3 playing partners were all on the green, while this guy was in the bunker short of the green. The bunker was pretty deep

and I believe that the other three could not see him.

Well, this guy literally grabbed his ball with his hands and tossed the ball into the green!!!!!!

He was also smart because he made sure to throw some sand together with the ball, so he had the bunker explosion shot effect!!!!!!!

I could not believe it, but the guy did it, and he did it in front of us not knowing that we saw his "trick".

After few holes, we got the chance to catch them on the next hole's tee box, and one of my playing partners took the courage and

reservedly told the three guys about the bunker shot, when the cheating guy was hitting his driver.

They all smiled and said, winking: "don't worry, we all got birdies at that hole!"

In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

Because I work afternoons, and play in the mornings during the week, I play with alot of retirees who play OB as a lateral hazard. I don't, but because there's no money on the line they can play it like they want as far as I'm concerned. Golf is a game of honor. If you post a score that is not accurate because you didn't take stroke and distance that's on you.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

Some of these stories are hilarious, especially the hole in the pocket man.

I've only come across cheating on a few occasions, things like kicking the ball out of the rough a'la Judge Smails from Caddyshack.

In my bag:

Driver R7 Superquad
3 Wood: Burner
Irons: 3-PW MP-60Wedges: MP R Series Chrome 52* 56* 60*Putter: Bettinardi C-SeriesBall: NXT Tour

Not sure this technically qualifies as cheating...only because I don't think this guy knew that he was cheating/doing something wrong. Years back, I'd occassionally play a round with a guy in Florida who honest to god thought that if he hit a putt short and I, or someone else, would say "that's good" thought it applied to his original missed putt; i.e. didn't count the tap-in as a stroke. It took us probably 5-7 rounds before we figured out why his score always seemed to be a little lower than we thought...

Currently Playing:
Driver: Custom Bang-O-Matic 460 9*, GD YS6+ Stiff
3Wood: Firesole
Hybrid: Rescue 17*
3 - PW: MX-23Wedges: Vokey: SM60.08 (OC), SM56.10 (OC), 252.08 (TC)Putter: Cameron Circa'62 No.2Ball: HXTourHome Course: MacGregor Downs CC, Cary, NC

In a school golf tourny, my brother saw his friend on a long par 5, tee up the ball and hit it with a driver in the fairway. My brother didnt want to rat him out though because they are good friends.

In the bag:
Driver: Hawk Eye
3 and 5 wood: pro response
other 3 wood 1200
Irons:3-5: 1200Irons: 6-SW pro responsePutter: pro responseBalls: SFT2Bag: Glove: FJ SofJoyHome Course: Islands End

I had a friend of mine cheat whenever we played. He would always ask what I shot after each hole before I had the chance to ask him. Then, he was always 1 shot under me. (Unless I did really well on that hole, to which we "tied"). I counted his shots each hole and, sure enough, he was so full of it was hilarious. It actually made me laugh even more. He would go around all night, telling the girls that he beat me by like 7 strokes or whatever. No one believed him, and he looked like such a jackass! Funny thing was, though, I noticed a pattern: he did this kind of thing in every facet of his life. From school to other sports, he was a cheater. I feel for guys like that.

"Hit 'em hard - they'll land somewhere." - Stewart Maiden

In the Bag:

Driver: R480, 10.5*, Graphite5 Wood: R540 XD, 17.5*, GraphiteIrons: Big Bertha 4-10 + GW, SSWedge: 56*, Chrome, SSPutter: White HotBall: HX Hot

I still chuckle at one of my friends that takes his drops from hazards (and eve OB) in places that are not even close to where he should. Instead of being 225 yards out, he'll drop it to the side of the water - not even close to where it crossed - at around 150.

It just kills me every time he does it...I'd love to see him do that in a tournament and get called on it.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I actually played in a tournament last year with a guy that:

1. put his first three balls into the water of the tee.
2. Finally got off the tee, only to land in the fairway bunker which took 2 more shots to get out off.
3. Next shot was on the green
4. 3 putted

and after all that he tried to claim a 7!!!!!!!

mmmmmmm no
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

Hey All, My names Phil and I'm new to the Forum

I caught a guy teeing up from behind a bush in scrub after he hit a killer hook.

He simply said he had no chance of getting over the bush and he needed a tee to gain some height. He went on to say he figures a Tee is made of wood and originally it came from the bush so he was replanting it. Hmmmm nice try!!!

Phil.C

And lets not forget the 20 handicapper that is at every tournament who miraculously shots two rounds in the low 70's
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

I actually played in a tournament last year with a guy that:

Ouch, I count 13. That's a big "error".

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

Thursday (1/4/07) I was playing in a foursome. On a par 5, one of the guys hit his 2nd shot and it came to rest a couple of feet behind a great big "pampas grass" plant. He calmly approached his ball, kicked it about ten feet so that he had an unobstructed shot to the green. The guy in the cart with me asked, "Is that legal?" Nobody answered. He hit his next shot onto the green, two putted and announced he had a "five". At that point, a couple of us "begged to differ" with his announced score. (We were playing for a very small wager, $3 per player).

And lets not forget the 20 handicapper that is at every tournament who miraculously shots two rounds in the low 70's

Oh, yes. That reminds me. In a tournament a couple of years ago, a guy with the initials B.T. entered the tournament as a "12". In the tournament, he shot 73-73 for 146 gross and 122 net. I was also entered as a "12" (but I really was) and shot 84-80 (164 gross, 140 net), which was about as good as I could do. Still I ended up 18 strokes behind him "net". Fortunately the tournament rules only allowed a player to win one way, so the cheater won low gross, but not low net. I don't think he's been allowed to play at our club since then, however.

Today, I played with a guy who was cheating on his score at every hole.
At a certain point, I decided to step in...
it was a par 4 - 420 yards.
He hit the drive (slice) about 190-200 yards.
Then, he hit his second with his 3 Wood, topping the ball (almost a shank!) about 150 yards.
He hit his third long.
Then, he chipped but hit it fat. (fourth!)
Again, he chipped, and finally on the green (fifth)
He put and made it in the hole(sixth)...what a luck! it's incredible how cheaters are also lucky most of the times!

I asked him the score and he said: "bogey!"
I told him: "this is not a par 5... you mean double bogey?"
He: "No, I mean bogey 5!"
You know, he said it so convincingly that I got confused at the beginning...
We started to count the shots again and I made him understand that he could not have hit a driver of 350 yards... (the fairways were wet due to yesterday's heavy rain... come on!! Not even Tiger could hit his drive so long!!)
He was not convinced at all but he agreed to my count...unhappily... like he was giving me a concession! Certain people can cheat without showing any signs of weakness or guilt!
In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

A couple of years ago I played with a guy that threw the ball on the green. The best part is he wasn't in a bunker. He may have had a bad lie, I don't know, but he was maybe 10 feet off the green. It was the 18th hole and we weren't playing for money so I just let it go. It always makes me laugh when I think back and remember seeing that throw.

Another guy I used to play in a lot of best ball scrambles with would always drive the ball far enough to win the long drive contests. If he hit the fairways he was going to win. Every time he hit the fairway we would take our 2nd shots, then he would move the long drive marker about 2-3 yards further than where we hit our 2nd shots. Noone from the other teams ever noticed there was no divits where the marker was placed. He would proudly take the prize every time...

Note: This thread is 4325 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!