IGNORED

How to maintain gloves......

Note: This thread is 4798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have resisted until now at opening this thread because I didn't want to rain on the parade of the gloved golfer, but I see Sean and a few others have already done so.

How many golfers have ever tried to play without a glove? I'd say there are very few because everyone wants to do what the pros do. Try a full cord grip like the new Decade Multicompound without a glove. You may be surprised at the results.

Sincerely,

gloveless since 2008

PS.        WWFCD?

Originally Posted by Gerald

how many pro's dont use a glove ...... zero ?

Are you sure about that ? The # would be surprising if you actually knew .If I put a glove on it feels like im getting ready to it a home run and realy grip it.I never have understood the purpose of just a left glove anyways,is it to keep your hand baby soft ,if you say its for better grip then you obviously need new grips or is it to just look cool.I do have a set of winter gloves for when its real cold but I hate wearing those things,its like the difference between butt huggers and boxers for me LOL.

Adams 9065LD 8.5* with a Nunchuk shaft
Adams CB1 gw-4i with Project X 6.0 shafts , Mizuno MT-11 58* wedge
Callaway Steelhead 3
Tour Exotics Hybrid 16* and 18*
Ping long putter

Originally Posted by basscat348

Are you sure about that ? The # would be surprising if you actually knew .If I put a glove on it feels like im getting ready to it a home run and realy grip it.I never have understood the purpose of just a left glove anyways,is it to keep your hand baby soft ,if you say its for better grip then you obviously need new grips or is it to just look cool.I do have a set of winter gloves for when its real cold but I hate wearing those things,its like the difference between butt huggers and boxers for me LOL.

Seriously??? Comparing underwear to golf gloves?

I would definitely use a glove before I would ever wear "butt huggers"!!!

Originally Posted by Dad-2-3

How many golfers have ever tried to play without a glove? I'd say there are very few because everyone wants to do what the pros do. Try a full cord grip like the new Decade Multicompound without a glove. You may be surprised at the results.

Sincerely, gloveless since 2008

PS.        WWFCD?

OK those are the grips I currently play at all my clubs and it is still a cold winter and tomorrow I play in a winter tournament and it will be like a good Scottish summer day (8-10 *C and lots of rain)..... ie. not a day to try to go without a glove ...... but as I putt without a glove (for improved feel) ..... maybe I should give it a try ....... :)

PS WWFCD ????????????????????

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

I stopped wearing a glove a long time ago, for the following reasons,

1) the dreaded golfers tan, nothing worse then having a white left hand and a tan right ;b

2) i never found one to fit my hand comfortably

3) its a waist of money to replace it every year

4) i got more feel out of not using a glove

5) pain in the ass to take it on and off, from putting to the next tee

6) you end up loosing them, before they wear out

7) to many michael jackson jokes can be made

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by saevel25

1) the dreaded golfers tan, nothing worse then having a white left hand and a tan right ;b

I think #7 sheds light on 2, 3, and 4. Did you ever try a glove without sequins?

• Upvote 1

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Gloveless for 19 years but seems like I used to use saddle soap.  I am sure the plastic hand forms some have posted would be good.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well that's a lot of reasons .....

Originally Posted by saevel25

......, but none of would be an issue for me !

The about only valid reason for me to go gloveless would be playing better without a glove or playing like Fred Couples

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

who cares like seriously why is everyone saying all this fred couples crap, why are u looking up to him?....does he look up to oyu no so why give a shit about him

titleist.gif 910 d3  titleist.gifAP2s 5.0 stiff project vokey.gif52 and 60 odyssey.gif white hot #1 skycaddie.gif SG 3.5
<---ITS PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME

I think he is going easy, not making up a whole show, just playing his game and that's it ........ doesn't matter much to me that he's playing gloveless ......

if any one shops at roger dunn, I found that their brand gloves which are 6.99 per glove have lasted me for 4 rounds so far without any ripping. I picked one up cause it was on sale and thought I give it a try cause it is so cheap. I plan on getting these from now on. great glove.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Note: This thread is 4798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!