IGNORED

2011 Masters Prediction

BamaGolf4
Note: This thread is 4787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

+1 for Dustin Johnson

In My Bag: Nike SQ Dymo Str8 fit driver Nike SQ 13* 3 wood Nickent 3dx 20* hybrid Wilson Pi5 irons 3-PW Cleveland CG 12 52* Nike VR Pro Forged Wedge 56* & 60* Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II Putter

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Luke Donald call myself for two reasons.

1)  The precision on his iron shots is deadly around Augusta with the undulated greens.  His shots drop stone dead after a bounce or two and they don't spin hard away from the hole.

2)  He is putting phenomenal and converting these precise iron shots. 'Nuff said!

The way Zach Johnson played in 2007 is exactly how Donald is playing RIGHT now.

I would like to see Bubba or DJ, but my guess would by Y.E. Yang. He is playing very well right now. Could have one at The Honda Classic but started his charge too late.

Yang made some serious putts on the back nine at the Honda for sure. I would like to see redemption for DJ.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Well i have to put Tiger in the running just cause he is Tiger and i know he will be ready. Westwood is up there he could be ready to get over his 2nd place finishes. Nick Watney is playing consistent but i will have to say Matt Kuchar is my favorite noone is playing better golf look at the leaderboard when he is playing he is always on the front pagebthere isnt one other player on tour that has player more consistently thru out the last year and a half he is my winner as of now.

after his start to the season, his record there and today im going to say Watney has just took my £10 bet on the 7th April

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Originally Posted by JordanJCaron

The way Zach Johnson played in 2007 is exactly how Donald is playing RIGHT now.

Zach Johnson could hit fairways.  Short and crooked will be tough to overcome at Augusta--but your right about his iron accuracy and putting.  He sort of reminds me of Jose Maria Olazabal in that way, but Augusta has changed alot since his wins there.

Bubba Watson, He was close at Whistling Straights last year, i think he's learned from that. I like his game for Agusta, especially his cut. If that course is made for a draw (right handed), then his natural cut should fit perfect.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It is getting harder and harder to pick because these guys are all so good.  Luke has been there every week and now with the young guns duking it out it should be a great tournament.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

My pick would be Kaymer, but I agree with whomever said that there are soo many players right now that have recently gained confidence in their game that could win it. I'm just not sold yet that Tiger has total control of his shots to give him the win.

I think Tiger Woods can and will win the Masters this year.

In my Bag:

Driver - SLDR 430 - 10.5 deg
3 Wood - SLDR HL
Irons - TM Tour CB's                                                                                                                                                                 Wedges - TM                                                                                                                                                                               Putter - Odyssey White Ice 2 Ball

And this is why golf has gotten more compelling for me lately.  So many guys have a decent chance in any event - what's not to like?

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

It is getting harder and harder to pick because these guys are all so good.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I kinda am still pulling for Kuchar but at the same time i think Tiger really wants to make a statement so i will really have a selection after Bay Hill.

Originally Posted by senorchipotle

tiger over bubba and martin in a playoff.

lol that would be interesting just because bubba and kaymer already played eachother in a playoff at whistling straits.

Originally Posted by Gngolfn

I'd have to go with Graeme McDowell right now. It's early yet though.

GMac for the win.    he's due to get his game back on track ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I fully expect Tiger, McIlroy and Kaymer to be up there on Sunday. Also a nice top 10 for Manassero. (If he qualifies which I think he will). What an amazing talent he is.

Note: This thread is 4787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!