IGNORED

2011 Masters Prediction

BamaGolf4
Note: This thread is 4787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger hit it like arse crack last year and finished T4. It is a golf course he knows how to play, and score well even when he hits it terribly. So I think Top 5 is definitely achievable as long as he doesn't yip it on the greens.

Originally Posted by jldavis73

I would.

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I do think there seem to be 2 types of players who win the Masters.  Bombers who can scramble with a hot putter and short Iron wizards with a hot putter. Being a low ball hitters or a guy who can only fade the ball if right handed  seems more of a disadvantage than pure length.   Hunter Mahan or Grahm McDowell would be my choices. Kind of front runner picks, but the Masters really favors who have been out there a few years,  I suppose because it is the only major on the same course every year.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Hey, how about Luke Donald then? He seems to do well on par 5s because of his excellent short game.

In the last two groups at the Masters, I'd love to see the same four guys that played Sunday at the Accenture. Each interesting and worthy in his own way.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

The statement was win, not finish top 5.  He will not win the Masters.

Originally Posted by michaeljames92

Tiger hit it like arse crack last year and finished T4. It is a golf course he knows how to play, and score well even when he hits it terribly. So I think Top 5 is definitely achievable as long as he doesn't yip it on the greens.

No read the post that you quoted he said top 5

$100 says Tiger gets top 5.

how many people would bet against that??

Originally Posted by jldavis73

The statement was win, not finish top 5.  He will not win the Masters.

52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

I stand corrected.  But I would still bet against it.  Tiger is struggling with the short game.  He's not making those 8-12 foot putts that one must make to contend in a major.  The swing is still inconsistent, too.  I don't think he can find lightning in a bottle twice.

Originally Posted by michaeljames92

No read the post that you quoted he said top 5

$100 says Tiger gets top 5.

how many people would bet against that??

The course suits him perfectly, and with his high draws he can land it softly on the greens and everyone knows he is a good putter. Watched him last week at the tavistock though and he seemed to hit a few more wayward shots than i've ever seen him hit before. Picking a winner is really guesswork as any of these guys can get on a hot streak

Originally Posted by domc36

I'm calling Graeme Mcdowell!

He can really get it done out there.

52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

mickelson and tiger are up there for my contenders. It is really hard because nobody that has won has been able to stay consistent. It is hard for me to make someone the fav because they won a tourny. Just cause you win a tourny doesn't mean that you will keep winning. The established players i think are the ones that will not wilt under pressure and by the way mickelson wasn't playing well when he won lasts years masters.

Going to throw out two names....my prediction is that one of these two will win.......

Geoff Ogilvy

Ricky Barnes

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Originally Posted by franky21

mickelson and tiger are up there for my contenders. It is really hard because nobody that has won has been able to stay consistent. It is hard for me to make someone the fav because they won a tourny. Just cause you win a tourny doesn't mean that you will keep winning. The established players i think are the ones that will not wilt under pressure and by the way mickelson wasn't playing well when he won lasts years masters.

There are certainly horses for courses. There so many multiple winners of the Masters - probably more than any other major. In part because winning it gets you an invitation for life, but some guys just rise to the occasion there. I'm looking forward to watching recent winners battle it out with the guys who have zero majors.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Administrator

Important Announcement

Guys, please post in this thread: Who will win the 2011 Masters CONTEST . Same idea, but you have a chance to win prizes. If you've already posted here but have not posted in that thread, please post again in that thread.

Thanks!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!