IGNORED

Wilson Staff Fluid Feel Tour Model Blades

Swinging my backup set of WSTBFF's the last two times out, still a lovely blade after all these years. Hit some really sweet and consistent shots with the mids and low irons, with no opportunity to swing the 2, 3, or 4 of late.  But the last time I hit 'em on the range they were feeling great too. My Palmer 85's are quite similar. I've yet to figure out where my Hogans fit in. I just keep rotating through those four sets, to see if I ever declare a favorite---whilst en route to hickories.

This ain't no Party, this ain't no Disco...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 months later...

Just had to mention I got a set of 1987 Wilson Staff Fluid Feel irons from EBay. My goodness…I absolutely love these old birds. Hell I even managed to smoke the 2i which is unheard of for me. Can’t believe how good they feel!70456010730__CF4C8079-DE1C-4FB0-907C-53183E13074A.thumb.jpeg.9c589199ec2b1c2c9b4792d278defb5d.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

24 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Hell I even managed to smoke the 2i which is unheard of for me.

Zero offset.

So the hosel is in line with the clubface 😜

• Funny 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

9 hours ago, billchao said:

Zero offset.

So the hosel is in line with the clubface 😜

This is why clubs with offset "feel" weird to me. I avoid them. Been playing with 85 Palmer Standard's, but am switching to my 84 Hogan PC's next. But the Wilson's are still my favorite. I'd love to snag a 1-iron in that model. Also the Wilson 2i is going to be about like a modern 4i but with a longer shaft -and zero offset. I'm messing with hickories now...🤪

This ain't no Party, this ain't no Disco...

I’m really enjoying this retro stuff. I got the classic Wilson red-white leather bag and have some knitted head covers coming. I’m sticking with a modern driver and hybrids..putter… but looking forward to playing with these irons. 

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge