IGNORED

Letting other people hit your clubs...

tristanhilton85
Note: This thread is 4101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i have never had a complete stranger ask to use a club...that being said i seldom play with complete strangers. That being said i don't believe i have ever said no to person who asked to take swing. i just got new mizunos with KBS tapers - took them on a golf trip and one of the guys asked me to give them a try, we shared them for first 9 hole warm up round after we landed!! LOL he hit half of them before i ever did!! Whatever they are just clubs, new ones wil be coming before long.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

I've been on the range and had guys comment on one thing or another and I've suggested they try my clubs. Very few politely decline and most seem pleasantly surprised that they can demo a different club. Unless the guy's doing a Happy Gilmore slapshot with his own clubs, sure I'll let him hit mine. I've also had total strangers approach me and ask me to hit their club or a club they got for someone to see what I think of it. I always give it a try figuring I get to demo a club without having to go to a store.

Is your[quote name="The Recreational Golfer" url="/t/44496/letting-other-people-hit-your-clubs#post_580554"]Unless you can hit a 5-iron, for example, that is +1 inch and 3 degrees up, hitting my 5-iron wouldn't work out for you. So there is no point in letting someone you try. [/quote] Is your driver +1 inch and 3 degrees up? Just curious.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've never had a stranger ask me to hit one of my clubs, nor have I ever asked a stranger to hit one of his clubs.  I would feel like I just asked someone I didn't know to drive their car.

Between my regular playing partners, I think we've all hit a bunch of each other's clubs.  Usually putters, drivers and fairway wood though, since our iron specs are so far off from each other.

I have taken a closer look at another players bag without touching and have had people ask about a club in my bag but never a hit

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I doubt I would say no under any circumstances.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

1. I'm a left hander and I'm surrounded by stinky right handers.

2. I'm too crap at golf to use my clubs properly and plus I don't want to  take the risk and smash someone's else's gear

3. I might sneak a peek at some club members clubs before tee off and ask them a bit of a Q & A about them. But as I said there righty's

4. Lastly I didn't think it was in the spirit of the game to use someone else's clubs when your playing. I guess if for fun no worries but in competition definitely no.

i have been at the practice range and heard 2 fellas whispering" wow he's got the r11s driver, I've heard there awesome"

so after I hit a million balls I've walked over and said here you go, have a crack with this if you like.

Now this guy had a Cleveland driver of some type and he seemed like he knew what he was doing( actually he was way better than me at hitting the ball)

he said no first and then asked , you sure.

I was and he had a couple of hits.

He was stoked, thanked me and then went back to what we were doing.

Nothing bad happened so I guess all good.

but like I said it was only practice not a game/comp

R11s driver 

R11s 3 wood

Rescue 11 3  18*

Rescue 11 4  21*

MP-59 5-pw

ATV wedge 54* 60*

Metal-X 2 ball putter

3.0 buggy

DX-3 ball

FLX glove

Shoes

Towel

Oakley antix sunglasses 

solar umbrella 

If someone expressed interest in my golf gear and wanted to try any of it out, I would be more than happy to let them.  It's an awesome game, I am grateful to be able to play, I like to share.

In my Bag:

Driver - SLDR 430 - 10.5 deg
3 Wood - SLDR HL
Irons - TM Tour CB's                                                                                                                                                                 Wedges - TM                                                                                                                                                                               Putter - Odyssey White Ice 2 Ball

I'm left handed.................and NEVER visit the range.   I have unlimited privie's...............and never go there.   The driving range might as well be planet Mars!!

Nobody FREEKIN hits my clubs.  RU kidding me????    SCrew THAT!  LOL.................

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I'm left handed.................and NEVER visit the range.   I have unlimited privie's...............and never go there.   The driving range might as well be planet Mars!! Nobody FREEKIN hits my clubs.  RU kidding me????    SCrew THAT!  LOL.................

So, that's a "no", right? :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

My equipments are expensive and rather hard to get than just off the shelf retail.

As much as I would like to share, preventing "accidents" that will test people's integrity is priority for me.

What if you allow them, then they wreck your driver, then promised to pay you back for it, but never did?

You'll be out of $$ and you'll be angry as hell.

I've been burned too often in other things that I learn to not trust other people.

But that guy who just grabbed a person's club and start hitting without asking deserves "discipline".

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

I was playing a round yesterday as a single and got paired up with a twosome and another single.  One of the guys in the twosome noticed my Titleist bag with my Titleist irons and commented that he was surprised that I didn't have the new 910 (I use a Mizuno driver).  Anyways, I noticed that he had the 910 driver and throughout the round we talked about equipment quite a bit... on the 7th hole I asked him if he would mind if I hit his driver just to see how it felt to which he said no.

Really I have no problem with this but thought it was odd...  I've been paired up with other people before who have asked to hit something in my bag and I have no problem with it and I've hit others equipment without issue...  It almost felt like he was almost inviting me to hit it with the way he was talking throughout the round about it; I mean it's not like we were keeping to ourselves the entire time.  Like I said, no problem with him not letting me, it just seemed odd.

Anyways, my question is do you have a problem letting others try something from your bag?

I know this is a 1yr old post, but I felt the urge to chime in.     I would have said no too...........   if he was clearly an accomplished golfer and a real player.....as in scratch at worst,  I would have known this by the 7th hole and probably let him hit it.   Offering my driver to lets say a 10HC?.......notta chance!!  What.......so he can possibly hit a pop-up and leave an idiot mark on the top of the club?  I'm not taking that chance....

What's in Paul's Bag:

Originally Posted by David in FL

So, that's a "no", right?

LOL....I forgot I even made that post.

yep...that's a no.

What's in Paul's Bag:

David in FLA....I will let someone hit my irons providing their ball isn't laying on a rock or something.  LOL

I have a fun golf story from last summer...... a regular golf partner of mine hit a tee shot to the left and his ball was hanging on what looked like the very last strand of grass before falling into the lake...LOL    He's a righty of course........I didn't want to see him climb into the water so I offered my lefty-wedge to see if he could pull off a golf shot.   LOL........amazingly, he hit a great shot on the green!!

He plays to about a 6-8HC right handed..........being the cocky b@st@rd I can be at times with friends, I suggested he was playing from the wrong side of the ball.   ....and I suggested maybe he'd do better as a lefty..........LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:

Originally Posted by TimG3394

Buckeyenut I need to play a round with you. You seem like an interesting character

LOL...if you're a talker, I'll talk your ears off.     If you are the quiet type, I tend to shut-up and leave the quiet ones alone.  It just depends on who I am playing with........I get a read on the person and act accordingly.

What's in Paul's Bag:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

David in FLA....I will let someone hit my irons providing their ball isn't laying on a rock or something.  LOL

I have a fun golf story from last summer...... a regular golf partner of mine hit a tee shot to the left and his ball was hanging on what looked like the very last strand of grass before falling into the lake...LOL    He's a righty of course........I didn't want to see him climb into the water so I offered my lefty-wedge to see if he could pull off a golf shot.   LOL........amazingly, he hit a great shot on the green!!

He plays to about a 6-8HC right handed..........being the cocky b@st@rd I can be at times with friends, I suggested he was playing from the wrong side of the ball.   ....and I suggested maybe he'd do better as a lefty..........LOL

My best golf buddy plays from the wrong side too.  Plays off of 2 so he beats up on me pretty regularly, which is hard to stomach when he doesn't even know what side of the ball to stand on.

I've tried the same thing....using his wedge.  Definitely easier than flipping mine upside down, but I sure don't have the skills to hit a full shot lefty.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 4101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!