IGNORED

If you had to have one brand of clubs in your bag....

Note: This thread is 4566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Titleist.. Hands down.

I'll eventually get irons and wedges down the road. The putter will remain in the bag unless I was on tour lol.

- VR Pro LTD - 9.5 Ahina X

- VR_S 3, 5 woods - Fubuki X

- VR Pro Combo - 3-Pw S300's
nike.gif - VR VRev Wedges - 52, 58 

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

Id probably go with Titleist.  They arent the best in any category, but they are solid in pretty much everything that they make.  Honestly though, Id never go with all 1 brand.  No 1 brand is the best at everything and you would be selling yourself short by limiting yourself to any 1 brand.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Callaway right now but if I ever got good enough for players irons I'd probably switch to Titleist or Mizuno.  I'm still wondering if I made the right choice going with the Diablo Edges instead of the JPX-800.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

ADAMS… No question!

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

Originally Posted by andef

If I were to pick single brand, it would be Titleist.

Oddly enough, every single club (but an ugly Ping i10 iron) in my bag is Titleist.

Why is that odd? You're a Titleist fanboy. No shame in that. I'd call that setup a fanboy bag, or fanbag.

All my Cleveland fanbag is missing is a decent driver. I tried to like them, but can't do it (using either a PING G10 or a Callaway).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Why is that odd? You're a Titleist fanboy. No shame in that. I'd call that setup a fanboy bag, or fanbag.

All my Cleveland fanbag is missing is a decent driver. I tried to like them, but can't do it (using either a PING G10 or a Callaway).

I wouldn't really call myself a Titleist fanboy. The first Titleist clubs I got were my irons, and this was because Titleist had the only fitting cart in my town where I could get fit for left handed clubs. My Vokeys came as a result of me buying the irons. The fitter told me to play nothing other than Vokeys, and I'm happy I followed his advice.

In regards to woods, I tried every brand that had a demo day at our club. The first one to do so in 2010 was Titleist, I needed new clubs due to my shafts being weaker than regular rather than the stiff I need.

With regards to the ProV1x, I've tried every premium ball in the market. I feel like I have the best control with this one. Buying a Titleist bag was a decision made based on all the clubs that I had. It came along with the irons and wedges and it I like for things to be in place and match, so Titleist was the obvious choice.

I have Footjoy shoes because they were the only ones I could try in the area. My putter was a gift I didn't expect, I would have happily continued to putt with my Odyssey.

So no, I'm not a Titleist fanboy. I like the way their clubs perform, that's all.

If I had purchased a TaylorMade bag in late 2009 (which I was going to do), I'd probably still have the same exact set-up. Or maybe I would have looked for a fitting possibility with TaylorMade.

My clubs are all Titleist because it's the way it worked out. Not because I'm a fanboy. I don't worship their products. I know that there are clubs in the market that outperform mine. Seeing as I'm 17 and don't want my dad to spend his money on buying new sticks every month, I found something that worked decently for me, and 13 of my clubs are made by Titleist.

Titleist for sure. 1. Their forged irons are flawless. 2. Their drivers and woods are now adjustable which allows you to fit yourself. 3. Vokey wedges are easily the best wedges. 4. Scotty cameron putters are crafted amazingly and they have great balance.

Originally Posted by andef

I wouldn't really call myself a Titleist fanboy.

I know you wish you'd saved up for a Titleist hybrid instead of buying that PING. My second bag (in my sig) is all Cleveland except for the driver and 3-wood (my Cleveland Launcher 3-wood is in my main bag with my TA1s) and I seriously considered a Cleveland carry bag. I like a lot of their stuff and have no problem carrying a bag with their name on it. I like Sun Mountain bags more though.

I wasn't using the term in a derogatory manner - I mean, it's not like you're this guy  . . .

.. |

V

Originally Posted by Darshan

Titleist for sure.

1. Their forged irons are flawless.

2. Their drivers and woods are now adjustable which allows you to fit yourself.

3. Vokey wedges are easily the best wedges.

4. Scotty cameron putters are crafted amazingly and they have great balance.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I know you wish you'd saved up for a Titleist hybrid instead of buying that PING. My second bag (in my sig) is all Cleveland except for the driver and 3-wood (my Cleveland Launcher 3-wood is in my main bag with my TA1s) and I seriously considered a Cleveland carry bag. I like a lot of their stuff and have no problem carrying a bag with their name on it. I like Sun Mountain bags more though.

I wasn't using the term in a derogatory manner - I mean, it's not like you're this guy  . . .

.. |

V

I guess I just dont see whats wrong with being a so-called "fan boy" for a brand.  I play everything TaylorMade except for my Scotty.  I have also debated switching out my TM wedges for Vokey's a couple times but haven't pulled the trigger on that.  Every TM club I have hit, I liked.  I have previously owned Nike drivers and woods and Callaway drivers, irons and wedges as well.  Im not playing TM because of their looks or because of their popularity.  Overall they feel great to me and I have yet to be disappointed with a purchase from them.

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

Nike or Mizuno....do Mizuno make a putter though?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Nike or Mizuno....do Mizuno make a putter though?

I've never owned one, but I've seen a few in shops and on ebay. Some designed by guys named Mills, Cameron, and Bettinardi.

I have everything Callaway, from the Ft-IQ driver down to the gap wedge.  I play Callaway balls, and even have a Callaway staff bag.  I, however, will not part with my Scotty Cameron putter!

My bag:

Bag: TaylorMade

Driver: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S)

3W: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S),

Hy: 3 (18*) Rescue, Irons: 4-9, PW, AW TM Burner 2.0, Wedges: Rumar 56 and 60 degree, Putter: TM Ghost Blade

Ball: TM RBZ

Shoes: FootJoy DryJoys

• 4 months later...

Right ehm looking at my bag now i should say Taylormade.

because i have only 3 non taylormade clubs in my bag.

However i don't like their latest wedges so if i can co back to

the older version off the RAC wedges than im ok.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

If I had to go with one brand it likely would be Ping or Titleist.  They seem to be 2 of the few that haven't gone crazy long and light with the drivers and super strong with the iron lofts.  Although as I customize pretty much every club I get I could probably get the feel I like out of anyone's clubs.

I would say titleist but, Nike has came so far recently.  I now play their irons and driver and could see myself using the rest if I had to be with one OEM

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!