IGNORED

My latest acquisition.

Note: This thread is 4834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I purchased a Kodak Play Sport camera to record my golf swing and decided that I want to record all my shots during my rounds of golf. That way I could look back and see why I mishit some and what I do right when I hit them pure. I figured at around 60 strokes (minus the putting) that should require about 30 minutes of recording and edited down to about 10 minutes of actual swings with quick results comments. So I needed to set something up that allows me to just hit record and not have to worry about it. I decided mounting the camera on my pull cart was the best solution. Here are the results, untested, golf season is just about to start up here. What do you guys think? [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/125875/width/1000/height/800][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/125875/width/1000/height/500[/IMG][/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/125876/width/1000/height/800][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/125876/width/1000/height/500[/IMG][/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/125877/width/1000/height/800][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/125877/width/1000/height/500[/IMG][/URL]

Driver: TM r9 Driver Motore F1 65 Stiff
Woods: TM r5 Dual 3 Fairway Wood Stiff, TM Mid Rescue 3H Regular
Irons: TM r7 Irons 4-AW Regular
Wedges: Cleveland DSG 588 56/14, Callaway X Series Jaws 58/8
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

that's a pretty hardcore video setup for on course filming...i like it

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Originally Posted by Gioguy21

that's a pretty hardcore video setup for on course filming...i like it

Yeah, if I didn't see the stuffed horse I'd think it was the international space station.  Seriously though, I can see this getting old after a couple rounds - at least for Nick's friends.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Looks cool, I have the same camera for videoing family vacations.  Only downside is it's a bit slow for recording golf swings (60fps).  Might want to look into one of the Casio cameras if you want really fast recording options (up to 1000fps).

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[QUOTE]Seriously though, I can see this getting old after a couple rounds - at least for Nick's friends[/QUOTE] I hope that I can accomplish my goals filming with the least amount of intrusion into the game, otherwise I won't don't it. I do normally keep a pretty good pace, so I see no issues with this. My cart will simply be about 10-12 feet directly behind me and when I'll pull my club out of the bag i will hit record. The only issue is for my drives, I don't see how I can get a shot from behind, most tee boxes are too small and elevated, so I'll probably just try to setup face-on or from behind recording, but not stressing on that too much, it's more for the iron play I want to really try to groove that it as much as possible. This is just an experiment. I'll let you know how it works out as soon as I play a round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickDarius View Post

Quote:
Seriously though, I can see this getting old after a couple rounds - at least for Nick's friends

I hope that I can accomplish my goals filming with the least amount of intrusion into the game, otherwise I won't don't it.

I do normally keep a pretty good pace, so I see no issues with this. My cart will simply be about 10-12 feet directly behind me and when I'll pull my club out of the bag i will hit record. The only issue is for my drives, I don't see how I can get a shot from behind, most tee boxes are too small and elevated, so I'll probably just try to setup face-on or from behind recording, but not stressing on that too much, it's more for the iron play I want to really try to groove that it as much as possible.

This is just an experiment. I'll let you know how it works out as soon as I play a round.

If you push your cart, it might be faster the other way around (shooting over your clubs). You can set up the shot as you approach the ball.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

That was my original thought as well, but bag is too high up on the cart. I'd have to have the camera up another foot or so to get the shot. Obviously I'll try different camera positions when I get out there.

I can see this taking too much effort to get the shot framed correctly and taking away from concentrating on the actual shot.  That being said, still pretty cool.

I have the same camera.  It does OK, but like newtogolf said, I'll probably be looking into a better one.  FWIW, I bought an accessory pack off of Amazon for $35 that had a remote control, extra battery, 8GB memory card, a litte tripod, screen protectors, and a carrying case.

Note: This thread is 4834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!