IGNORED

Golf Outlets USA-shame!

Note: This thread is 4768 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That is totally different........

$2 for a 12" sandwich, large fries and a soda, might be about cost only......

I would guess shipping costs for 4 hybrids to be at least $15 ....... besides that $1.75 for a hybrid, can about only be a mistake ...... even throwing them in the wastebin makes a better margin......

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

Originally Posted by Gerald

That is totally different........

$2 for a 12" sandwich, large fries and a soda, might be about cost only......

I would guess shipping costs for 4 hybrids to be at least $15 ....... besides that $1.75 for a hybrid, can about only be a mistake ...... even throwing them in the wastebin makes a better margin......

If you're looking strictly at the one sale itself, you're absolutely right.

Suppose the ad hadn't been a mistake, and they had sent him the clubs at that price.  You want to be he - and a sizable fraction of whoever he tells about the deal - watches their ad regularly?  I bet they sell some things at a good profit after the fact to some of the people watching their email blasts.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Shindig

If you're looking strictly at the one sale itself, you're absolutely right.

Suppose the ad hadn't been a mistake, and they had sent him the clubs at that price.  You want to be he - and a sizable fraction of whoever he tells about the deal - watches their ad regularly?  I bet they sell some things at a good profit after the fact to some of the people watching their email blasts.

Yep if I would have been the shop, I would have updated the mistake, but still have sended the hybrids or I would have contacted the buyer that something went wrong........

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

...and so this adventure is about to end.

To recap.

I purchased a set of hybrids from the website of Golf Outlets USA.

As it turns out, yes it was a mistake.  However, Dick...i mean Gerald ...LISTEN UP>>>>they declined to answer my e-mails after the refund....LISTEN DICK>>>>>that is how thy do business...I found reviews on the internet of this action with other customers.

DICK!  I filed a complaint with the BBB of California.  Communication opened and after negotiations they sent me a FREE hybrid.

DICK!!!! FREE!!!!!!!!!  Better than 1 cent!

Now get this-the freakin shaft was put on backwards!

I now have a new towel rack!

Meanwhile at Sports Authority I pickued up a killer 5 wood....I think it's the one Elin used!

Swing Happy My Friends!

The print, which ID's the flex, the make, etc which is on the front of the shaft, is on the back.  No biggie, it won't change the swing, but just sloppy work in assembly.

Perhaps I should have used  "on the back side of the shaft." (see pix to the left)

Swing Happy My Friends!

Note: This thread is 4768 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!