IGNORED

My Swing (kpaulhus)

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 2208 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
On 11/17/2017 at 12:46 PM, DeadMan said:

I feel like that would help you be able to shallow out the downswing better, which should help with the contact.

2 hours ago, DeadMan said:

:whistle::whistle::whistle::-P

You can give yourself credit, @DeadMan, for the first part, but not that part.

FWIW.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Working. Irons are great right now. Driver is easy to revert back to OTT and basically a closed face pull hook. Going to keep working slow and steady. @iacas recommended taking driver out and slowly working on it on the range and playing the white tees without it. Gaining some confidences that I can shoot low scores if I just get off the tee. So, shorter tees and lower scores equals more confidence. I’m a damn good golfer from the fairway! 

• Like 1

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

1 hour ago, kpaulhus said:

Working. Irons are great right now. Driver is easy to revert back to OTT and basically a closed face pull hook. Going to keep working slow and steady. @iacas recommended taking driver out and slowly working on it on the range and playing the white tees without it. Gaining some confidences that I can shoot low scores if I just get off the tee. So, shorter tees and lower scores equals more confidence. I’m a damn good golfer from the fairway! 

Heck of a strike with the iron! Sounded and looked pure. More golfers would benefit from occasionally moving up and working on irons...myself included! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Played 18 today. Hit some solid shots but overall didn't play well. Is it possible for one to over swing with their woods versus the irons to the point of not swinging soundly? I was asked why I swing so hard off the tee but my irons and wedges are not as violent and my finish looks better. Just some thoughts that keep me up at night. Another range day tomorrow then probably some time in the hot tub as I've had a club in my hands everyday this month. 

Kyle Paulhus

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I just held a club and tried certain positions in the downswing so I could feel where I needed to be. Didn’t hit a ball until Friday and finally broke 80 for the first time since November. Hit the ball Ok but still could be better. Limited driver use but I was in play. 

Here are some videos from the range tonight. 3 iron that I’ve been hitting well, full driver, and the slow driver drill to get me into position. I’m still over the top a bit but I’m turning more in the backswing and the ball isn’t a drastic hook, so I’m happy with the little progress I’m seeing. 

Kyle Paulhus

• Administrator

Really liked "DTL slow driver 2-5-18".

Stop your full-speed swing at the top and look at two things:

• Where the shaft is pointing.
  • How much the hips have turned.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(edited)
16 minutes ago, iacas said:

Really liked "DTL slow driver 2-5-18".

Stop your full-speed swing at the top and look at two things:

• Where the shaft is pointing.
  • How much the hips have turned.

I didn’t realize it but that is crazy different. I have been telling myself to stop trying to crush the ball and swing softer like my irons. I go too far and lift instead of turning when swinging the driver where he drill causes me to turn my hips to finish the back swing. The shot on the right with the left arm almost parallel to my shoulders is the position I really want to be in. The pic on the left where it’s above my shoulders causes the over the top downswing. 

0AD6797B-7106-450D-B777-62FE9597EFC0.jpeg

Edited by kpaulhus

Kyle Paulhus

• 1 month later...

I’m thinking by my increased turn in the backswing, I am going too far and the club is crossing the path at the top then I go into a pull over the top and try to lay the club down late and it’s either a cut or a hook. Can practice 50% fine but at full swing speed it’s all hands. 

Would a seing trainer like the hanger help with my hand/wrist positions at the top and impact? When I really try to lay the club off at the top I have been hitting the ball fat, but that’s likely due to not turning my hips through impact. 

Not happy about these swings, but I need to document it either way. 

Kyle Paulhus

• Administrator

@kpaulhus, it's going to end up being more about your right elbow than how much you turn.

Look at these pictures and ask yourself "what's different?" and "what's the cause?"

01.jpg02.jpg

I don't think you turn any further between the left images and the right images.

Do you agree?

46 minutes ago, iacas said:

Do you agree?

Yes, I agree. It's more or less keeping it tight instead of flaring out. Gotta keep working on it in the back swing. 

Kyle Paulhus

Note: This thread is 2208 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!