IGNORED

Kevin Na's 15 or 16+ on a Par 4

Canuck
Note: This thread is 4662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by SoCal Blade

He needs a new caddy. His current "bag carrier" is too much of a smart ass to be of any use to Kevin. Kudos to Kevin for gutting it out

Kevin hits the ball, the clown carrying the bag wipes off mud from the clubs, cleans balls and replaces divots, PERIOD.....it is not and never will be a show about caddies...besides, who cares about them?

Ive seen McKay ruin phils concentration a lot of times with his jibber jabber and verbal diarrhea ....Hey Bones, why not shut up and let phil think, maybe you can clean up the 9 iron a little and get out of his way.

Yes, but how do you feel about caddies? LOL.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

HI there, Kevin's Caddie needs the boot! I have been playing professional tournaments for 13 years and that was the showing of a true CARRY and not a CADDIE! that guys should not be allowed to carry a bag!

Steve

You only realize the benefits of a caddy when you have one that's won you tournaments! Kevin's caddie needs a sharp shoe up the butt!!!

Steve

Steve, can you be a bit more explicit about what you think he did wrong in this particular situation?

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Kinda feel like his Caddy gave up on him, sort of a "whatever" attitude when it was a moment when Na really needed his caddy to be there for him. Then again the situation was pretty f@%ked to begin with. Nonetheless your Caddy should never "throw his hands up" during a tournament. I'd probably can him and get some super hot chick to wipe off my dirty clubs instead!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Kinda feel like his Caddy gave up on him, sort of a "whatever" attitude when it was a moment when Na really needed his caddy to be there for him. Then again the situation was pretty f@%ked to begin with. Nonetheless your Caddy should never "throw his hands up" during a tournament. I'd probably can him and get some super hot chick to wipe off my dirty clubs instead!

His caddie actually looked more frustrated and embarrassed than Kevin did.  If he can't handle the pressure and help to calm Kevin down he needs to find another line of work.  I disagree with the comment about Bones and other caddies, I doubt any experienced pro golfer would employ a caddie they felt was hurting their game.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

His caddie actually looked more frustrated and embarrassed than Kevin did.  If he can't handle the pressure and help to calm Kevin down he needs to find another line of work.  I disagree with the comment about Bones and other caddies, I doubt any experienced pro golfer would employ a caddie they felt was hurting their game.

That's what I mean, he let himself get frustrated when its his job to keep his cool at all times and be the voice of reason that his player needs to hear. I got the impression that his attitude was, "you're an idiot to try to hit out of this but whatever, do what you gotta do..." when what he really should have been doing was saying something like, "I know we're in bad shape here but let's not follow up a bad shot with a crap shot. Let think out our scenario's here and come up with a plan that will minimize the damage to our round ...etc...etc...

Yours in earnest, Jason.

On a more uplifting note: the guy shot a 16 on a par 4 and closed out his round with 80 strokes, that's pretty freakin' impressive. I think he just found a new fan, plus he really dealt with it well, good sense of humour considering the circumstances.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

You are all a bit harsh on the caddie. Of course he didn't looked good, but I think it was the first time he was in such a situation, and just like the player, he didn't know how to act.

And then you go on and say how good Kevin played on after the accident, still shooting 80.

But if the 16 was the caddie's fault, then why isn't it the caddie's achievement, that they rebounded so well?

They are a team. You can blame both, but just talking the caddie down is unfair.

Originally Posted by Zwick

You are all a bit harsh on the caddie. Of course he didn't looked good, but I think it was the first time he was in such a situation, and just like the player, he didn't know how to act.

And then you go on and say how good Kevin played on after the accident, still shooting 80.

But if the 16 was the caddie's fault, then why isn't it the caddie's achievement, that they rebounded so well?

They are a team. You can blame both, but just talking the caddie down is unfair.

I see your point, but unfortunately for the caddie we saw how he acted when Kevin blew up and didn't get to see his demeanor the rest of the round.  If i was a pro golfer I'd expect my caddie to be the voice of reason when I'm tanking, not piling on.  Ultimately Kevin has to be happy with him, and since I didn't read he fired his caddie I guess he's better than what we saw.

Joe Paradiso

fair enough, we only ge a glimpse of whats happening and it's probably not fair to make judgements based on what the Golf Channel chooses to magnify.

But I'd still hire a hot chick to wipe down my clubs and replace my divots;-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.

• 3 months later...

Originally Posted by SoCal Blade

He needs a new caddy. His current "bag carrier" is too much of a smart ass to be of any use to Kevin. Kudos to Kevin for gutting it out

Kevin hits the ball, the clown carrying the bag wipes off mud from the clubs, cleans balls and replaces divots, PERIOD.....it is not and never will be a show about caddies...besides, who cares about them?

Ive seen McKay ruin phils concentration a lot of times with his jibber jabber and verbal diarrhea ....Hey Bones, why not shut up and let phil think, maybe you can clean up the 9 iron a little and get out of his way.

You've obviously never played with a good caddy have you? Caddys have great judgement on courses and it's the ONLY person you can ask for advice while on the course.. That and when you carry a bag for someone that long, you become like family to them (well to most golfers) Caddies also are the devil in your shoulder telling you to not go for that par 5 in 2 and risk OB, or the one that reminds you about the wind in your face when you're in the zone and not thinking about it.. Also, have you seen the crazy amount of time Rory and other good players spend talking to their caddies about certain shots?

I shot a 16 on a par-4 once, and finished the round with a 75. Then again it was only over 9 holes.

-Rich

Note: This thread is 4662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!