IGNORED

Your Goals for 2007

iacas
Note: This thread is 6039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Why? I find every 12 holes or so, I've cut my ball to the point where I don't think it'll fly well anymore (the other reason it doesn't fly well is because it's me hitting it). I put it away and put it in the shag bag when I get back to the car. Maybe you play with balls stronger than mine (Strata)? Or am I being wasteful by putting it away?

I worded it poorly - it ties in with #3. I should have said, "play a round without losing a ball".

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My number one goal for 2007 is to qualify for the State Am.

To do that, I need to get my handicap in single digits. To do that, I need to practice more and golf more.

I am also going to start tracking my stats more and make sure I actually do a pre shot routine to concentrate on each shot.

Dual Point 10.5 Stiff Driver
Dual Point 3 Wood
NPS-1 Irons
Dual Slot 52, 56, 60 Wedges
Newport 2

I worded it poorly - it ties in with #3. I should have said, "play a round without losing a ball".

Awesome goal. Don't get me wrong - if the ball is still well playable, keep using it. But going without losing a ball is great.

When I gain enough distance to risk losing a ball, I'll have that goal too. In the meantime, I rarely lose balls, except to water, because they generally aren't too far from me :)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Awesome goal. Don't get me wrong - if the ball is still well playable, keep using it. But going without losing a ball is great.

I have the opposite problem. I hit it pretty hard, which magnifies my mistakes. I'll make a loose swing and hit it 250, but 50 yards off my target line. That can bring OB into play pretty quickly.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

Goals for 2007..

Improve my Index... current 6.2 to 3.1 (Has been as low as 4.2)

To improve the index the following:

Improve the major stats:

F.I.R., G.I.R, and putts per round..

Practice: As mentioned, quite enjoyable, but more structured with a purpose..

Produce better in competitive tournaments, get nervous, need to play like a normal round..

And Finally...... HAVE FUN OUT THERE!.....

In the bag...

r7 TP 425 (Tour issue) Fuji Fit On X flex
r7 tp 13*/17* GD Purple Ice 85g X (tour issue)
Dual Hybrid TP 19* Aldilla Stiff 680 forged irons rifle 6.5 shafts 4-PW RAC TP Y Cutters Satin Wedges 54/60 with Project X 6.0 Scotty Cameron Newport 2 34' ProV1X ballFootjoy shoes, gloves and...

My goal for 2007 is simple: Start playing golf again! I finally have the free time to devote to golf, and I can't wait for the snow that is currently falling outside my window to melt!

Baby Steps here:
1) get to the driving range twice/three times a week this Spring
2) play one round per week as soon as it is consistently warm, until then, play a round weather permitting!

Can't wait for Spring!!

mine is to actually make a pre-shot routine that i always do that makes me swing better. Also i need to make practise have more of a point. Instead of just putting and hitting balls for no reason.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Wow. Some of these made intense reading. I hope you guys achive what you set out to do.

Simply put, my golf goals this year are: to reach a single figure handicap (currently 12), to maintain balance through all competitive swings ( keeping the 80% power idea in mind), and to play golf holes with a result in mind, and not a hope.

Wish me luck!

Michael Stiebel

In ze bag:

Titleist 983 KTitleist 3WPing 5WCobra 23deg hybridPing Irons 5-PW Eidolon 52,56 & 60deg wedgesPing G2 long putter(wishing for: Titleist 755 irons!!)Left-hander!!!!!

1. Get handicap down to and maintain at 8
2. Break 80 12 to 15 times
3. Par every hole at my hole course
4. Birdie every hole at my home course
5. Make 3 eagles
6. Improve GIR from 20-30% to 50%
7. When practicing 75% short game, 25% long game
8. Have some frigging fun!

What's in my bag:
Driver : R7, 10.5 degree, stock stiff shaft
16 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler DWS, with stiff stock shaft
20 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler, with Accra Shaft, Stiff
26 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler, with Accra Shaft, Stiff6 - PW - Bridgestone CG Mid, Dynamic Gold LiteWedges : TBA...

Attitude: Improving my attitude. Not getting down on myself if I miss-hit or miss-putt a shot. Having a positive attitude. Bottom line, HAVE FUN.

Mental: Not concerning myself with the outcome of my round when i'm playing my round. Work with things as they are. Play one hole at a time. Use my stroke without asking any questions as to why it works on one occassion versus another.

Getting influenced by others: Not getting caught up "watching" the players in my group. Getting influenced to do things out of my nature and out of my game.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!
Driver: Nike 9.5° SasQuatch SUMO²
Fairway Woods: Adams 16° Tight Lies 3 Wood
Hybrids: Adams 19° Idea Pro Hybrid
Irons: Callaway X-18 4-AW (Rifle 6.0 Precision)
Wedges: TaylorMade: 56/12 Degree RAC SatinPutter: Odyssey 34" Tri-Ball SRT PutterBall: Callaway HX HOTHome...

Some simple goals:

1 - Actually play more. Life always seems to get in the way.
2 - Break 80 more.
3 - Enjoy the time with my friends more.
4 - Teach my three year old son to love the game as I do :)

Cheers,

Andrew

Improve Putting

I forgot two:

Workout - Get more flexibilty and speed Quit Smoking - Now 7 days smoke free.... and everyone in the family is still alive!!!!
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

To hit more consistent drives and try not to concentrate too much on trying to kill the ball and hit it long distance which will probably never come around due to my small size. And also cointinue to improve on my putting. I would also love to shoot something below an 80.

Goal for 2007 now that the snow is gone
1 have FUN
2 get professional lessons
3 get my clubs fitted
4 shoot consistently in the 90's and work on breaking into the 80's
5 eagle a par 5

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10degree
3 Wood: TaylorMade R7 Draw
5 Wood: Callaway BB
Hybrid: TaylorMade R7 Draw 19D
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 4- AWWedge Cleveland CG10Putter: Oddessy 2 BallBall: Bridgestone E5/E6

Many of mine are similar to 2006. I reached a few of my primary ones last season and missed a few as well.

League Goals:
Defend our title . My wife and I won the league title last season. We actually had it locked up with 4 weeks left to play.

Low men's average. I did this last year as well and finished second the year prior.

Season average below 40. This sounds tougher than it is. We play a short course in this league. The par is 31. Last year I finished with a double on the last hole when a par would have gotten me a 36 and an average of 39.9

Overall Goals
Handicap Below 15.0. I am a 17.4 right now.

Break 40 on back 9 at White Lake Oaks I have had 40 5 times, including twice last year. I missed an 8 foot birdie putt on 18 last year. I have broken 40 on other courses a few times, but this is where I play more than anywhere else.

Practice This will be the major influence on all of the above goals. This may be the toughest one on my list. My time is spread so thin as it is. There is a good chance that a major job change for the better is in my future. If that happens, then I will be working more of a 9-5 job for the first time in my life. It will also give me Saturdays off.

Play golf with my kids more My kids are starting to enjoy the game more and I want to be the one playing with them. Right now it's mostly my wife and mother-in-law. See the previous goal for the reason.

Play in my first tournament I am hoping to try and play in the Michigan Net Amateur. I am also kicking arround the idea of the Golf Channel Amateur Tour. They play 11 events in Michigan and a few majors in the MidWest. The price to register is $199 plus about $90 per tournament. The only way this happens is if I get the new job.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Note: This thread is 6039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!