IGNORED

Will Tiger play at the Mercedes?

FAHooGolfs
Note: This thread is 6333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Will Tiger play at the Mercedes? Does he owe it to the TOUR to play?

• Yes, he'll play
    • No, he'll stay home
    • Yes, he owes it to the TOUR as its biggest star
    • No, he doesn't owe them anything - the ol' independent contractor excuse

I don't think he would have been there regardless, but I'm now cutting Tiger more slack. I just read on ESPN that he and his wife are expecting their first child this summer and he wants to spend time with their family.

I can see a new thread here... how will fatherhood impact Tiger?

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Tiger is still in a ski vacation with his family...
In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

I'm not sure why any of us actually thought Tiger playing in the Mercedes was a possibility. I didn't figure we would see him until the Buick in late January.

I put The Mercedes Championship pretty close to The Tour Championship. Any player eligible to play in the event should play because it's a special type of field. I didn't expect Tiger or Phil to play, but they should.

Oh well, someone other than the two can get off to a great start in 2007! I'm watching regardless.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm not sure why any of us actually thought Tiger playing in the Mercedes was a possibility. I didn't figure we would see him until the Buick in late January.

With the new kid, ESPN said that we might not even see him at the Buick

David Ditto
In The Bag
Driver- Bridgestone Precept EC Fuel 420cc Driver
Woods- TaylorMade Vsteel Fairway Woods
Irons-Affinity ATS Hybrid IronsWedge- Wilson 60° Harmonized Black WedgePutter-Heavy Putter Matte Series PutterShoes- Nike SP3 Golf ShoesHome Course- River Run Golf...

Hi

i can undertand TW not playing until the Buick, but Phil not making an appearance at the Mercedes next week is not good, from Phil's point of view.

i read that Phil has a few domestic problems-illegitimate children, alcoholism and a chronic gambling addiction-go to the Golf Blog for this-is just staying away from the tour to work out a smoke screen for something more serious happening in his life i wonder?

bb69

Note: This thread is 6333 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!