IGNORED

Plastic or Wood Tees? Something Else?

Note: This thread is 1430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

62 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of tees are you using?

• Bristle Tees: Brush T, X-Tee, Rip Tips...
    • Plastic/Composite: Zero Friction, Wedge Tee...
    • Wood
    • Other

To those who feel the need for short wooden tees for iron shots.... ya know, if ya stick the long ones deeper in the ground, they get shorter....

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

To those who feel the need for short wooden tees for iron shots.... ya know, if ya stick the long ones deeper in the ground, they get shorter....

Yeah and then they break first shot out of the pack!! I know it might seem a bit stingey but hey, the cost of living ain't cheap nowadays.

I like to use a long wooden tee for my driver and then will scour the tee of the first par 3 for broken off bits off tees from other more affulent players. After that i rifle through the bins to see if anyone has left any food or drink in there. A manas gotta eat!

Wooden tees with my oversized driver and a Brush-T when I tee off with my irons.
In my Viper by Hippo Golf stand bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore 10.5° Fujikara reg. flex
Woods: 3- MacGregor NVG2 Fujikara reg. flex
Hybrids: 3 & 4-Taylor Made Rescue Mid
Irons: Titleist 775.cb w/Graphite Shafts (5-GW)Wedges: Cleveland 588 Tour Action SW & 60° lob Putter: Taylor Made Monza...

Zero Friction are amazing. I don't know about the hype, but they last an ungodly amount of time.... Unless you give them away, you'll have them an awful long time!

WTIB:
Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5° Scads of shafts - now: Kai'li 63 stiff
Tour Edge Exotics 3 & 5 FW
Callaway X-22 Tour irons
Bobby Jones 3 & 4 hybridsRife Abaco/Odyessy Black Series i9 puttersWith a few more hangin' around

• 2 weeks later...

I've had good luck with Stinger Tees: http://www.stingertees.com/
I order directly from their site, you have to call the number indicated, I usually get 1,000 Pro XL's, this time I picked up the 4 inch size. Nice tees, excellent quality and a decent price if you buy in bulk. Granted a 1,000 tees should last you a while. But as luck or bad luck would have it, several of my regular playing partners never seem to have any on hand! So I'm always supplying them with tee's!

Driver: Callaway FT-9 I-MIX -Aldila VooDoo XVS7
Wood: Callaway FT Tour #3 - Fujikura Fit-On E370 X-Flex
Hybrid: TM Rescue Mid #3 - Project X Flighted 6.5
Irons: Mizuno MP52 (3-PW) - Project X Flighted 6.5
Wedges: Muria 54* & 60* - Rifle SpinnerPutter: Scotty Cameron Red X2Ball: Pro V1

I bought a bunch of Stinger Tees last year. I have to admit, i had a hard time placing the ball on them. They are sitting in my basement now, and not in my bag. I don't know why i had so much trouble, but it was frustrating enough before a drive for me to give up on them.

The Bag...
TaylorMade RBZ HL Matrix Ozik Flex M
TaylorMade RBZ 3 HL 
Cobra Baffler DWS 2/R 18° Aldila NV-HL65 S
Cleveland Halo 3i 22°

Ping G2 steel 5HL,6,7,8,9 & PW 

Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 54,56 & 60° or Nike SV Tour 50°

Yes! Sophia blade

Stinger makes two types of Tees, Pro XL and the XL Competition version, I get the Pro XL version. The "XL Competition" Tees have a extremely small head, not much larger than the dimple on the golf ball, I've tried the XL Comps and it is very difficult to get a golf ball tee'd up on them. But the Pro XL version shouldn't give you any trouble?

Driver: Callaway FT-9 I-MIX -Aldila VooDoo XVS7
Wood: Callaway FT Tour #3 - Fujikura Fit-On E370 X-Flex
Hybrid: TM Rescue Mid #3 - Project X Flighted 6.5
Irons: Mizuno MP52 (3-PW) - Project X Flighted 6.5
Wedges: Muria 54* & 60* - Rifle SpinnerPutter: Scotty Cameron Red X2Ball: Pro V1

I use Brush Tee's for my driver shots and then broken/short tees for iron/hybrid/fairway woods shots. I like the consistent height you get from brush tees. They are crappy for fixing ball marks when I have forgotten my divot tool. They don't break, but the brushes will wear out after a while, and then the stupid ball won't stayed teed! So I keep some long tees in the bag just in case.

What's in my bag:
Driver : R7, 10.5 degree, stock stiff shaft
16 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler DWS, with stiff stock shaft
20 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler, with Accra Shaft, Stiff
26 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler, with Accra Shaft, Stiff6 - PW - Bridgestone CG Mid, Dynamic Gold LiteWedges : TBA...

• 1 month later...

Short wood tees all the way. You can give me a 1 3/4 inch tee, no problem. I won't skull or top it, even though I'm using a 460cc driver.

And, shorter tees are much, much cheaper to buy by the big bag.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Standard length wood tees for the driver. And whatever broken tee I find on the box for irons. (which somebody told me is a two stroke penalty for using somebody elses equipent???)

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

Standard length wood tees for the driver. And whatever broken tee I find on the box for irons. (which somebody told me is a two stroke penalty for using somebody elses equipent???)

That's laughable.

An abandoned, broken tee is nobody's equipment, it's a movable obstruction under the rules. And when you pick it up, it's finders keepers... it's now your equipment until you abandon it too.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

• Administrator

Zero Friction tees. They're the best.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have just brought Zero friction and like them quite a bit.I have played 7 rounds and have not broken one yet.I think they are helping my drives a little even if it is mental.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

At the moment I'm using brush tees and I like them a lot. But some of your posts are making me want to try the Zero Friction tees.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

Another vote for Zero Friction. I can't imagine that they really help with distance, but after three rounds without breaking one... anybody want to split a box of 50?
Cleveland - HiBore XL (9.5* Fuji Fit-On Gold Stiff)
Bobby Jones/Jesse Ortiz - 3W & 21* H3 (Stock Stiff)
Ben Hogan - Apex FTX 4-FW (Apex 4 shafts)
TaylorMade - rac TP 56.12 satin & 60.6 black
Scotty Cameron - Mil-Spec Newport 2 (33" standard)

Note: This thread is 1430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!