PutterHead

Plastic or Wood Tees? Something Else?

56 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of tees are you using?

• Bristle Tees: Brush T, X-Tee, Rip Tips...
    • Plastic/Composite: Zero Friction, Wedge Tee...
    • Wood
    • Other

176 posts / 31315 viewsLast Reply

To those who feel the need for short wooden tees for iron shots.... ya know, if ya stick the long ones deeper in the ground, they get shorter....

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

To those who feel the need for short wooden tees for iron shots.... ya know, if ya stick the long ones deeper in the ground, they get shorter....

Yeah and then they break first shot out of the pack!! I know it might seem a bit stingey but hey, the cost of living ain't cheap nowadays.

I like to use a long wooden tee for my driver and then will scour the tee of the first par 3 for broken off bits off tees from other more affulent players. After that i rifle through the bins to see if anyone has left any food or drink in there. A manas gotta eat!

Zero Friction are amazing. I don't know about the hype, but they last an ungodly amount of time.... Unless you give them away, you'll have them an awful long time!

I've had good luck with Stinger Tees: http://www.stingertees.com/
I order directly from their site, you have to call the number indicated, I usually get 1,000 Pro XL's, this time I picked up the 4 inch size. Nice tees, excellent quality and a decent price if you buy in bulk. Granted a 1,000 tees should last you a while. But as luck or bad luck would have it, several of my regular playing partners never seem to have any on hand! So I'm always supplying them with tee's!

I bought a bunch of Stinger Tees last year. I have to admit, i had a hard time placing the ball on them. They are sitting in my basement now, and not in my bag. I don't know why i had so much trouble, but it was frustrating enough before a drive for me to give up on them.

Stinger makes two types of Tees, Pro XL and the XL Competition version, I get the Pro XL version. The "XL Competition" Tees have a extremely small head, not much larger than the dimple on the golf ball, I've tried the XL Comps and it is very difficult to get a golf ball tee'd up on them. But the Pro XL version shouldn't give you any trouble?

I use Brush Tee's for my driver shots and then broken/short tees for iron/hybrid/fairway woods shots. I like the consistent height you get from brush tees. They are crappy for fixing ball marks when I have forgotten my divot tool. They don't break, but the brushes will wear out after a while, and then the stupid ball won't stayed teed! So I keep some long tees in the bag just in case.

Short wood tees all the way. You can give me a 1 3/4 inch tee, no problem. I won't skull or top it, even though I'm using a 460cc driver.

And, shorter tees are much, much cheaper to buy by the big bag.

Standard length wood tees for the driver. And whatever broken tee I find on the box for irons. (which somebody told me is a two stroke penalty for using somebody elses equipent???)

Standard length wood tees for the driver. And whatever broken tee I find on the box for irons. (which somebody told me is a two stroke penalty for using somebody elses equipent???)

That's laughable.

An abandoned, broken tee is nobody's equipment, it's a movable obstruction under the rules. And when you pick it up, it's finders keepers... it's now your equipment until you abandon it too.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have just brought Zero friction and like them quite a bit.I have played 7 rounds and have not broken one yet.I think they are helping my drives a little even if it is mental.

Another vote for Zero Friction. I can't imagine that they really help with distance, but after three rounds without breaking one... anybody want to split a box of 50?